Children and Gay Marriage

the_reverend

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You have got to be kidding me, I have every right as a gay man to marry and loose half my shit like any other person out there.

"sacred Christian union between one man and one woman"

This statement is a joke.

So sayeth the bible, Written by the Monty Python of the generation. Some huge stoner who had no idea that years later his "Fiction" would be the leading money making entity in the world.

Organized religion is a joke, Just take a look at the folks that got pushed around after they molested kids, Or the ones who give so much of their annual yearly income to help out fellow people, yet when it comes to writing the check it is chopped down because the payment is due on thier huge motorhome. Then lie about their earnings to the church. The very same who use "Aversion Therapy" to "Cure" a homosexual of his or her desires.

We took the opportunity to get married when the uptight assholes allowed it to happen. Happily married for over a year, Together for over 15. How many hetero couples can say the same thing.

Our time will come when we will be afforded the same rights as every one else out there.

just to clear up in case my hyperbolic tone didn't give it away: i WAS being ironic there.

yes, i am a Christian. and yes, i would love for my sister to be able to marry her girlfriend someday. we're not all the same. ;)

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You have got to be kidding me, I have every right as a gay man to marry and loose half my shit like any other person out there.

"sacred Christian union between one man and one woman"

This statement is a joke.

So sayeth the bible, Written by the Monty Python of the generation. Some huge stoner who had no idea that years later his "Fiction" would be the leading money making entity in the world.

Organized religion is a joke, Just take a look at the folks that got pushed around after they molested kids, Or the ones who give so much of their annual yearly income to help out fellow people, yet when it comes to writing the check it is chopped down because the payment is due on thier huge motorhome. Then lie about their earnings to the church. The very same who use "Aversion Therapy" to "Cure" a homosexual of his or her desires.

We took the opportunity to get married when the uptight assholes allowed it to happen. Happily married for over a year, Together for over 15. How many hetero couples can say the same thing.

Our time will come when we will be afforded the same rights as every one else out there.
Rev you misunderstand. I'm well aware that you were kidding with your post and I agree with you. I was merely commenting on the sad fact that there are people out there that actually believe the things you were joking about.

LuvMensCocks

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
just to clear up in case my hyperbolic tone didn't give it away: i WAS being ironic there.

yes, i am a Christian. and yes, i would love for my sister to be able to marry her girlfriend someday. we're not all the same. ;)

Steps off soap box shrugging shoulders. I misunderstood your sense of humor.

I'm sorry.

the_reverend

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Rev you misunderstand. I'm well aware that you were kidding with your post and I agree with you. I was merely commenting on the sad fact that there are people out there that actually believe the things you were joking about.

oh, i got that you knew i was kidding. i was responding to Luv. no worries! :cool:

Steps off soap box shrugging shoulders. I misunderstood your sense of humor.

I'm sorry.

not a problem. just wanted to clarify...i sometimes take for granted that people can read into my sarcasm. :)

Edmond405

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, then let me throw this into the mix....my partner and I are adopting a baby in June. Our third time down this road (one miscarriage and one change of mind thus far). We are a happily married (our own term and own application) gay male couple that's been together 8 years, married 6. We go to church because we are Christian in faith and yes, we practice our faith, we consider ourselves "conservative" or "constitutionalists" and he's registered "independent" and I am "Republican". The child we are adopting was otherwise unwanted and would have been aborted had we not stepped up to the plate (and, yes, we are against abortion) to adopt. So, here's the thing...We believe that LOVE is the absolute most important thing in a child's life and that if more "gay married couples" would consider adoption and work to make it happen in their state, then more kids would have the opportunity to be loved. Get out there, friends, look at your relationship and assess where you are - if you are in a place that allows you to welcome a "wee-one" into your life do it! If you are single and of means to provide a loving envirionment, stable home and plenty of opportunity to a needing child, then DO IT DAMNIT! There are too many kids out there just waiting to be loved, to be welcomed home, to be a part of a family. Don't have a family? Make one! You've got the friends and connections to do it, so do it! OK - that's the end of my soapbox. - Ed