China Earthquake (and other happenings)

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I know people tend to shy away from discussions of disasters of such magnitude. It's too much to comprehend sometimes. Some others disassociate: different continent, different politics...who knows why?

But then there are the pictures of moms and dads standing in the rain hoping against hope that someone will pull their child, unscathed, from out the rubble of a collapsed school building...too much...too sad...to much to bear...to comprehend. There is a great sadness in the word...this disaster, the massive losses from the cyclone in Burma, the mid-west tornadoes....

I find myself wondering if this is the beginning or more and greater catastrophes to come. I'm not speaking of Armageddon-day of reckoning type doomsday prophesies. Rather, I'm thinking there was the earthquake in the mid-west (unusual was it?) and now an earthquake that spanned an area as wide as from Maine to Arizona (or so it was reported).

So I'm wondering is the Earth going through some kind of phase. Or can that much land shift around without other parts having to shift around as well - with equally massive destruction? Is our weather growing more violent? And if so...for a reason?

What say you?

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Y'know Charles, I was a storm victim. And we didn't like needing or depending on anyone for squat.

I figure we got helped enough. Maybe some others are still waiting...and are still in need, and I can understand the frustration of waiting, of getting the run around, of dealing with scam contractors, electricians...been there done that.

But I'd hate to think that'd be a cause or a reason for us not trying at least to help others also in need.

B_superlarge

Experimental Member
Media
I also began a thread on this.
Global warming, or galaxy effects, or cycle, or a combination? Whatever the case, I saw on the news that tornados this year are so far triple the number they usually are, plus there have been many more F3s and higher.
There was a recent earthquake in the United States in which the aftershocks were stronger than the earthquake which was baffling in itself. Only time will tell. One thing for certain, those who have been shouting out about global warming will use this year's weather to sound the alarm. Gore has already begun doing so very recently. Are they correct though? I'm a little bit leary of tree huggers, lol. I'm concerned they may think with their emotions too often, that they may be too quick to point their green fingers at global warming as always the cause.
http://www.lpsg.org/86359-weather-seems-more-intense-year.html