Chinese Drywall Emits Sulfur Gas in Homes

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Principessa, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Principessa

Gold Member

Chinese-made drywall ruining homes, owners say

By Jason Hanna
    CNN

How about we don't get anything else from China and start building stuff we need in this country again. I'm getting sick and tired of hearing how everything imported from over there makes, babies, children, dogs, and now entire communities physically ill.

Clearly, cheaper isn't always better. :angryfire2:

2. earllogjam

Gold Member

Sulphur smelling drywall?

Isn't it every homeowner's dream to live in a house that smells like farts?

3. pym

pym New Member

I've been saying{and far more importantly......living it} buy American my whole life. I have had the same Harley davidson i bought new for 19 years now. I drive a Ford Ranger. ALL my musical equiptment with the exception of a couple items....AMERICAN MADE.
    Here's the deal though. Americans don't want to be told what to do.
    We want to blame the govt. for all our problems. Nevermind that our entire household is filled with asian made crap. AND who the fuck are YOU to even point it out! You cannot even buy a fucking american made baseball anymore. And to most people......who gives a shit? Most people under the age of 40 now are typically on there 3rd foreign car{at least}.
    Apathy is what caused our current state of affairs in our country.
    But hey......ya got your Wii for x-mas right? And it replaced the last 3 or 4 tv video game platforms that were made 'OVER THERE' throughout your lives. Well it's a global market right? OK.......but to compete in it, ya all best get used to living on 10 bucks a day like most CHINESE do. I know....i've been there. But to the original point......hey too bad on your house being constructed out of shit. Rant over.

4. kalipygian

Gold Member

Albums:
    At my family home in Florida, the well water does all that.

5. Principessa

Gold Member

Aha! That's why you stay in Alaska, clean water :smile:

6. kalipygian

Gold Member

Albums:
    Excellent water in this part of the state, but in some places, like Fairbanks, it is pumped up from below the permafost, where it has been absorbing minerals for tens of thousands of years, and looks a bit like chicken soup. Some places it has arsenic in it naturally. It is impossible to make a good cup of tea there.

Florida has good water in most places. At the place I was referring to, my great aunt put in a 600' deep well in the 50's, it flows naturally, but has hydrogen sulfide gas in it. It makes silver and brass in contact with it tarnish. It is not a health concern.

I am a bit skeptical that the smelly sheetrock was actually dangerous. It is probably hydrogen sulfide, which is very bad in high concentration, but not really in low. Pure sulfur does not smell or emit anything, unless you burn it, then it is nasty.

#6 kalipygian, Mar 19, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  7. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Why might the possible health hazards of so many items manufactured in China be ignored?

Hint: Its the same reason the legality of so many undocumented alien laborers is ignored.

Draft saved Draft deleted