Chinese Wife Want Breast Implants - A few questions, if you please...

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by tonsilwrecker, Feb 2, 2009.

1. tonsilwrecker

tonsilwrecker Member

My wife is Chinese and currently small breasted. I say "currently" because she's considering getting implants. I'm not necessarily thrilled about the idea, but I'll support her in her decisions. Now, don't get me wrong - I love breasts - but I'm quite accustomed to her physical attributes just as they are.

She's 5'4" and weighs about 120 - I love her shape. Currently, she's an "A" cup, self conscience (sp?) of her current breast size, and is considering going to a very full "C" or "D". We have one daughter and we are comtemplating having another child.

She looks great in a bikini now - and will obviously look more curvy in the future - and I'm all for that, but I want her to be cautious in making a choice for an elective surgery.

My questions are:

1) Does making a 2 or 3 size cup increase typically provide for a good, natural, and pleasing result?

2) If she becomes pregnant after the implants, typically what negatives or positives should be expected by the time she's done breast feeding?

3) What are the best suggestions for supporting her pursuit, while also communicating efforts to minimize negative outcomes? I'm trying to be the supportive husband here.

I thank you in advance for your time and consideration regarding my questions.

2. C_T_D

C_T_D New Member

I'm probably not alone when I say breast implants are a huge turn off. Aside from those very rare instances where the augmentation was performed so well that the breasts appear natural, implants always look and feel like what they are: fake.

Clearly you did not ask my opinion but I offer it as reasoning for my answers to your actual questions.

1. From an A to a D? Bad idea. I wouldn't recommend going larger than 1 or 2 cup sizes. You probably want to consider band size too. If she's only a 32 or 34 now going too big is going to look stupid fake. If she's a 38 or 40 then maybe he can pull it off.

2. Ive heard it's not an issue. Still you should Talk to the dr.

3. A lot of plastic surgeons have before and after images. These alone should be enough to convince her out of it. Also, take her to a strip club. I've found the hottest strippers are the ones with small, natural breasts. If she really wants to do her research shell get a lap dance from an implanted stripper and find out for herself just how unsexy fake boobs look and feel.

3. Moez???

Moez??? Active Member

Albums:
    1. There is an issue, sometimes, with women who are very small chested going too large. You can try a rice bag test to see how it looks in clothes, but it won't represent the look naked. You might see a visable outline of the implant if you go too big, or fill the bag up too much. Look up rice bag test for implants, you'll find what I'm talking about.

2. With implants, there is very little chance that something will prevent her from making milk. reductions are usually the issue with that, but an implant won't block milk production, especially if it's behind teh muscle.

3. again, with the first part, try the rice bag test. what it is is that you take a bag, fill it with rice, and whatever amount of rice you put equals a certain number of CC's of implant saline.

it's something like, 1 cup = 300cc's. I might be wrong on the exact conversion, look it up, then fill up what you think you might want, put it in her bra, and let her see how she likes it, if she wants to go bigger or smaller, or whatever else she wants.

4. cbrmale

Gold Member

Albums:
    I love Asian women and their typically small breasts... Implants do weigh a lot, and the bigger the implant the more weight she will feel. In addition, there is no implant in the world that looks or feels natural. For me, I'd much rather fondle a small A breast (AA perhaps) than an implant. My wife is an A, and that's fine for me.

5. Guy-jin

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think Moez??? seems to know what he's talking about. :)

I'd say wait until after the baby for the sake of breastfeeding. Not that breastfeeding is necessarily impossible after getting implants, but it can complicate things.

As for jumping two or three cup sizes from an A cup, it could be a bit much. She would probably be best off going to a nice B or at most a C cup because, given how you describe her, she's got a small frame as it is. I understand that for someone getting implants, she might be a little turned off by the idea of going to a B cup because it's so "typical", but it's better than her getting a D cup and looking like she has two cantaloupes strapped to her chest.

The best plastic surgery is the type that you can't tell someone's had.

The most important thing is probably to make sure the surgeon is top of the line. That and making sure that she's going to be happy with what she has done.

Anyway, keep representing with your fine Asian wife, man.

6. B_horribleperson

B_horribleperson New Member

she should be a 38dd

7. Young N Sassy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    haha going to a c or a d would look rediculous. I'd recommend a B if she was very adament on getting them, although I don't recommend implants anyway. A C-cup is going to look so unnatural on her.

8. shaguar

shaguar Member

Post a picture of her. I need nudity to make an expert judgement.

9. Khana

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    There's 1 huge issue to consider, that's at the heart of this:

It's not her body she wants to change, it's her mind.

Beauty is NOT a stamped, solid, agreed on thing. It is 150% psychological. Some people love big breasts, some love small, some love obesity, some people love scars, some people even love amputations.

It's really critical to realize and accept the fact that she's not "really" making a physical change, she's attempting to change her self-perfection via a physical change.

So the point is this: will having large breasts Actually increase her self image? Maybe, maybe not. If her issue with appearance goes deeper at all, then she may fixate on something else. Like, her height, or maybe even the scars from the surgery. Whatever. People with anorexia think they're fat when they're so skinny they're literally disgusting to many/most people's eyes.

Perception != reality.

Sometimes, there's a specific issue with X thing (like breast size) that implants or corrective surgery Does fix. IE, if a woman's face is contorted because of an abusive husband's constant battering, then when she gets away from him, getting facial surgery to "surgically remove his stain," as it were, fixes the problem psychologically. So, with stuff like that, it's all good.

Only, only, ONLY if the Root problem of her dissatisfaction with her appearance Actually resides with her breast size will breast implants help.

And at that, only maybe. Breast implants, as I understand, are only really good for models or whatever, since the problems can easily be photoshopped away (like scars). 2-3 size cup increase is liable to be flat out ugly. Even small implants make the breasts look unnatural, scars aside. They look, feel, and move unnaturally, and many people don't like them. Sure, they look great from a distance, but not so much close up.

That's more a matter of opinion, but it's a very common opinion, statistically.

I think it'd be a good idea to review the heart of the matter with your wife before making such a drastic and permanent alteration to her appearance. Because, although you could remove the implants later, the scars shall eternally remain.

Best of luck to you both.

Edit: A side note, I majored in psychology for 2 years in university

#9 Khana, Feb 3, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  10. Hand_Solo

Gold Member

They are her breasts; she should do what makes her happy. Personally, I think small natural breasts are about 10,000X sexier than big fake tits.

11. cbrmale

Gold Member

Albums:
    Take note of this advice, because it is true. Even size B implants aren't very nice.

12. Guy-jin

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yeah, it's pretty obvious that she's got a self-image problem.

However, she wouldn't be the first flat-chested woman with a self-image problem who medicates by getting implants, and if it does make her happy, it could easily be considered a "treatment" for her self-image problem.

I also don't know I'd go as far as saying the woman has body dysmorphic disorder (although she might). She could just quite literally be unsatisfied with her breast size and desire bigger breasts while being satisfied with the rest of her body/physical appearance.

I'm definitely with you on the whole thing about making sure it really is just the breasts and not her entire self-image, though!

Also, shaguar... awesome.

13. Khana

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Sorry, I didn't want to make it sound like it necessarily Was such a problem. I simply was trying to make sure he was aware of the need to rule it out.

Like I'd said, only do it if they're sure the root of her dissatisfaction is Actually with her breasts. If indeed it is, then it Might fix it (contingent on her being happy with the results).

Which may not happen, considering all the numerous downfalls of implants (scars, unnatural appearance/feel, etc).

Thought I'd clarify :p

14. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Try and talk her out of it.

Its a bad road to start down... the idea that larger mammaries make women better or more attractive... what next? Collagen lips? Botox?

A willowy asian frame with small breasts is wonderful...

Lovely to look at...

...and I promise you that large breasts do not age nearly as well as small breasts. Tell her to imagine a future 20 years away... Implants, in particular do not age well and quite often need to be replaced... and the surgery results in scarring... pay attention to her skin type, cause some Asians scar very darkly.

If she wants to be sexy, small breasted women can actually get away with going bra-less, wear sheer and revealing tops...unbuttoned to the navel, and yet not come across as being anything other than fashionable. A sheer top could reveal piercing, or even a delicate tattoo, that would far more visually intriguing than a honkin set of hooters.

And be real... small breasted women with a narrow waist and shapely rear look fine in a bikini... but they can ALSO look stunning a a much wider range of fine clothing... The best designer clothing hangs best on a small chested frame.

While I am just as absorbed and fascinated with large breasts as any other guy... speaking as an artist... I can say that small breasted women have a very distinctive appeal all their own... and they are far closer to the artistic ideal of female beauty.

What you ought to do is to offer to spend the same amount of money she is thinking of dropping on surgery... and spend it instead on fine clothing and shoes that compliment what she has naturally.

Help her discover that she can look stunning just as she is.

15. Khana

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    An excellent post!

He's right, he brought up a serious point I missed. I've got large breasts, and that complicates clothing purchases. Granted, I'm an E cup, but even so, generally designers tend to think that large breasts = large waist. It's hard to find clothes that fit both top and bottom. And the issues of difficulty going bra-less, and so on.

That and the aging issue. A+

Good things to discuss with her as real potential problems.

16. StraightCock4Her

StraightCock4Her New Member

That's a stupid idea. A cup to C or D cup?? Implants are so ugly but in this case they would be horrendous.

17. Wish-4-8

Gold Member

I find it ironic that a group of guys with larger than average penises find small breast more attractive and are saying not to go big. Is bigger better? Shoe is on the other foot.

Everyone makes good points. It all comes down to personal taste. I happen to like big fake boobs. Correction: I like big fake boobs done right. And there is a lot of nasty shoddy work out there. There is nothing worse than a bad boob job. At the same time, there is a lot of beautiful work out there also. Choose your artist/ suergon wisely. That super hero look on a small frame can be sexy, if done right.

18. Khana

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I don't think the issue is as simple as "is bigger better?"

If she could get surgery and have a 100% chance that her breasts would look, feel, move, etc, perfectly naturally, would have no scars, no long term ill effects, no aging problems, no health problems of any sort, then, I think there would be an almost unanimous "go for it!"

The problem is, there Are lots of serious adverse issues to consider, and while large breasts are generally almost universally liked, Fake breasts are not. In fact, as far as my own personal experience with talking to others on the subject, fake breasts are almost universally Disliked.

Bigger, to some, is better, but fake, to almost all, is not. That's the bigger point here.

19. tonsilwrecker

tonsilwrecker Member

Thank you one and all for your input! We're going to talk more indepth tonight about her desires, wants, & needs regarding her decision.

I'll bring up some of the opinions & issues brought up here - she's very open minded and, no doubt, wants what's best for our family and her.

Again, thank you.

20. woodyq

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    wait til she after she is done having children

also you can always go bigger, going smaller is trickier.
    so don;t go straight to D, start with a full B or small C and if she is not happy go up

Draft saved Draft deleted