*Chirp chirp chirp* Lemon has Ducklings!!!

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
Well, they are not mine. They are my Gf's but they are so cute.

Minus them shitting everywhere, AND i mean everywhere, i am falling in love with them.

We built a pen in the garden for them to run around in in the day and they seem really happy in it.

To my disapointment, they haven't crapped in it that much which tells me they are saving it untill they get in, but we will see.

I've attached some pics.

Attachments

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I know great recipes with duck meat!
That`s my boy, breed only things you can eat! :biggrin1:
Feed them well dear Lemon!!!

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh My Gosh, I want them both!!! NOT FOR DINNER EITHER!! Bad Luka!:tongue:

I just want to pet them and love them lots:biggrin1:

You should have posted this on the rate my duck thread!

witch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had a Muscovy Duck for a pet, yes they can shoot poo a good foot or so across the floor. I thought mine was male until it layed an egg, which came as a shock. What I like about the Muscovy was they didn't quack much.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I had a Muscovy Duck for a pet, yes they can shoot poo a good foot or so across the floor. I thought mine was male until it layed an egg, which came as a shock. What I like about the Muscovy was they didn't quack much.

In fact Muscovy males don't "quack" at all, they hiss :smile:

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Some years ago, when I went to Portugal with my mum and younger brother, she bought my brother and I two ducklings so that we'd have something to entertain us. They were adorable and would follow my brother everywhere. Eventually, someone gave to my aunt (whose place we were staying at) two baby geese, which were bigger than the ducklings. The two ducklings would follow the two geese which would follow my brother. It was a really cute little train.

I think those four have long been eaten, though.:tongue:

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
We are almost certain we have a boy and a girl. The woman we brought them from said, girls make more fuss when you pick them up. This girl will sprint all over the shot so you cant get her. When you do, she twists, turns, squeels, anything to make sure you let her go.

The boy is alot smaller than the girl though, despite the fact he eats more. I dont know is ducks have runts, but he would be it.

witch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
a drake and a hen .... so what are you going to do when you're hip deep in future ducklings ;p

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
a drake and a hen .... so what are you going to do when you're hip deep in future ducklings ;p
Its not my house, so i'll let them decide :wink:

I might take two or so to mine. Thing is i dont have a garden, just a small communal garden bit, so unless i take them for walks.....

We'll see i guess. Thats next springs thread!

D

deleted3782

Any family resemblance? Do they look more like you, or your gf?

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Well, they are not mine. They are my Gf's but they are so cute.
Do we know who the father is? :biggrin1:

So cute in a homely way. Do they have names? I had a duck when I was a kid. We had a beach cottage for the summer when I was 5. This wild mallard duck would come on the front porch for a handout every morning at breakfast. Her drake would stay off about 20 feet away and make a big fuss about it. But she would take toast right out of our hands.

Right now I have a white rooster. He lives at the shop.

Last edited:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Duck with Champagne Sauce
1 duck 4-6 pounds
salt
pepper
4 TBL butter
2 carrots peeled and finely sliced
1 small onion peeled and finely sliced
2 stalks celery finely sliced
1 sprig thyme
1 bay leaf finely crushed
1 1/4 cup dry Champagne
2/3 cup brown stock
1 tsp arrowroot

Season and brown the duck in the butter in a flameproof casserole dish then remove.
Add the vegetables and herbs to the casserole dish and set the duck on top. Cover and place in a 350 degree oven for about an hour and a half. Baste with the butter from time to time to keep the bird moist. Remove the cover for the last 10 minutes to brown the skin.
Remove the duck and place on a serving dish covered with foil to keep warm.
Add the Champagne to the juices and vegetables and herbs and and reduce by two-thirds. Then add the stock and simmer for a few minutes and skim off the fat. Lightly thicken with arrowroot and cold water, cook for another minute or two. Season to taste and pass through a fine strainer. Serve the duck and sauce separately.

Last edited: