*Chirp chirp chirp* Lemon has Ducklings!!!

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What`s your favorite nip/duck episode?
(you better laugh, it took me 5 hours to think about this) :biggrin1:

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
Lemon, your ducks are extremely cute :smile: I think people underestimate how a good a pet poultry can be. I used to have a chicken.
They are funny, and they have made the house happier.
I admire people who keep animals in their homes (I'm not a pet kinda guy), but ducks are a new one on me.

What do you feed them?

At thge minute its just pellets. Like chicken feed, but as they get bigger and can handle it we will feed them veg aswell. They eat bugs are grass in the garden.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Not only cute, but beautiful....
I tried to raise some for a Boy Scout Merit badge, but a fox broke into the cage..and...
well, I had to work on something else for the badge...I chose rabbits.
I was always amaxed that they seemed to poop more than the food I gave them...very strange.

AquaEyes11010

Expert Member
Media
New Brunswick (New Jersey, United States)
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
a drake and a hen .... so what are you going to do when you're hip deep in future ducklings ;p

Actually, it's a drake and a duck...ducks and geese are two of the few (if not only) animals to which we refer by the name of the female. The male geese are ganders.

Oh, and btw, be careful with them swimming. From what I remember, they don't have waterproofed feathers without having a duck mother to preen and coat them with oil from her own oil gland. Make sure they dry off quickly and don't get too chilled. And have fun with them.

:)

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
We have been drying them, to their confusion, but they seem to be getting pretty waterproof now, and dry quickly.

They are becoming little attention whores though. The boy is getting bigger which is good.