Chlamydia! Aidez-Moi SVP

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Wonderboy, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

Okay my girlfriend has just done a test...it was a mail order/internet-bought test so I doubt it was high quality or very reliable.

Having said that, she just did it and it turned out positive. Now, I think she either did the test wrong or the test was faulty etc...she probably made a mistake in her worry and anxiety.

I say this because I haven't had any symptoms that appear common (pain when urinating (pissing razor blades) mainly)

Also, when we had sex, I would hit her cervix and there was no pain like baseball99 said there would be if she had an STD. I also read up the symptoms and the chlamydia bacteria do seem to initially affect the cervix, and I can see how that would cause pain. But there was none.

Anyway, I don't think she does have it or that I have it but since she told me it was positive I've had a dull ache in my balls and they 'appear' larger. But I think its psychosomatic.

The question is - does she actually have it? I have doubts about the accuracy of the test. And if there was no pain when I was hitting her cervix, does she definitely not have an STD?

Thanks, she's going to get tested tomorrow and if she has it I'll go too.

NB: She lives quite far away (at uni) and is in no way a slut, she just had a bad experience with one guy who was a 'player' and pressured her into sex...although he did wear a condom...but it slipped off him...

Also, we have always used a condom but I gave her a lot of oral sex....so I probably do have it if she has it. Anyway, if anyone can help it would be much appreciated

2. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Chlamydia is one of the less-painful of the STDs, and that's one of the reasons it can be so insidious; you may not even know you have it. Women tend to be less "symptomatic" than men. I don't know about the reliability of mail-order STD tests (never heard of it, actually), but an untreated infection can cause some very serious, very permanent problems.

I recommend that you both get tested by a physician, and that you are open and honest with him about your activities and the reasons that you want testing. Do not be embarrassed about telling him you think you may have gotten it from oral sex. If you don't tell him, he does not know what to look for. If one of you turns up positive and the other negative, it's still a good idea to tell your doctor that. Even if your results are negative, if you tell the doc you are sexually active with someone who is positive, he will most likely give you a treatment as if you were positive, just to be sure that you are both treated at the same time, and not just in a latent period.

Best of luck to you.

Just a reminder - If you do have to take antibiotics, PLEASE take them EXACTLY as prescribed until you have taken them all. Do not take another person's leftover antibiotics, do not stop taking yours when you "feel better"; improper use of antibiotics is causing a true "silent crisis" in this country.

3. Lordpendragon

Gold Member

4. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

What makes her think she has it to begin with?
    And why do you also think you have it if you havent shown any symptoms?

5. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Lee, please do some research on chlamydia. It can be one of the most damaging, especially for women, BECAUSE it often goes undetected due to a lack of symptoms.

Men may or may not have symptoms such as discharge or pain, but usually it is not terribly painful. It can cause severe scarring of the urethra, among other permanent damage.

Women are less likely than men to show any symptoms of chlamydia infection, and untreated, it can cause sterility and severe scarring of much of the reproductive system.

And yes, men and women both can get infected through oral sex, in which case the symptoms would appear, not in the genitalia, but more like a mild sore throat.

6. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

My point being nowhere in the post did he mention WHY she felt se had to do the test...and are they just being precautious

7. bakardi420

bakardi420 Member

Why not just go to her gyno? What is the point of ordering a test over the internet?

8. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

No. She had two periods in a month and was spotting for about ten days non stop. And she was always worrying about that other lad she had sex with because he got around and things. So she just last night managed to take the test (you have to take it when there is no spotting)...but she was still spotting this morning so maybe the result was false.

Anyway, we're both going to get tested on Wednesday (soonest they could fit us in). And yeah, neither of us have had pain when urinating or any kind of discharge but then again chlamydia is usually asymptomatic. Still, all the people I know that have had chlamydia have 'pissed razor blades'.

So I think her motivation to do the test was her very irregular, non stop period plus her being worried about the other guy she slept with's sexual health. Also, we have been talking about trying sex without a condom.

Anyway at least the test for me is a urine one. I was worried about them sticking a swab down my urethra like I saw on TV lol...I have a small urethra, I think everyone does. I have to not piss for four hours before the test though so itll be hard not to go in the morning.

I'm not sure if any of us do actually have it, but at least we'll be totally checked out.

I've not had a sore throat either so I'm not entirely convinced but at least I'll find out for sure on Wednesday.

The test is for girls and manufactured by Pasante so my gf says its reliable.

Thanks guys, I'll let you know how it goes.

9. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

For privacy and she was hoping and so was I that it would be negative. Now that we know its positive we're going in. It's actually a good thing; going in when there is no STD wastes the doctor's time and in that time someone with a real STD could be treated.

10. transformer_99

Gold Member

Dude, go get your unit checked out by your doctor, in this day and age, you might not know wtf she has screwed miles away. If you didn't give it, where did it potentially come from (if she has it even) ? Make sure you're clean, because, what happens if/when you get an opportunity at an encounter with someone else. That has to be in the back or even forefront of your own piece of mind. If you have a soul, you wouldn't screw another woman until you knew for sure. Being a carrier and spreading a problem such as this would be irresponsible.

11. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Not true. I knew I was clean when my partner and I decided we wanted to be a couple, but I insisted that we both go in, together, and be tested twice, 6 months apart. We got tested for the complete spectrum of STDs, and yes, both clean. The peace of mind is worth it, doctors get paid whether they find something or not, so they don't mind, and testing does not take up THAT much of their time. I cannot think of any reason at all to discourage anyone who is sexually active from being tested periodically.

Draft saved Draft deleted