choosing a personal trainer?

mountainguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm a naturally thin guy (6 feet tall, 155 pounds) and I'm interested in building muscle mass. When hiring a personal trainer, should I be honest about building muscle mass being a goal, as opposed to just general strength training?

Thanks for any advice.

mountainguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Thanks, industrialsize. I think part of my concern is that I'll come across as being vain or shallow.

I think another concern is that as a gay man, I'm not sure how a straight male trainer would react to me. Obviously, they don't need to know my sexual orientation, but I worry that it could be awkward if it comes up.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think the better trainer will be one that has a build in your general size. I have done this becuase they can relate to your physical structure better. Be clear with what you want to achieve. I would only get a session or two until I was certain the trainer and you seemed to click. Good luck and build up to your dreams man

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm a naturally thin guy (6 feet tall, 155 pounds) and I'm interested in building muscle mass. When hiring a personal trainer, should I be honest about building muscle mass being a goal, as opposed to just general strength training?

Thanks for any advice.
Building muscle mass and getting stronger go hand in hand. It's hard to get stronger without gaining muscle and hard to gain muscle without getting stronger. If you haven't lifted weights much before then you will get stronger and build mass at the same time.

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
as a gay man you don't have much to worry about most trainers ,str8 or gay , have tons of gay clients. why would you not tell your trainer what your goals are that why you are paying him.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks, industrialsize. I think part of my concern is that I'll come across as being vain or shallow.

I think another concern is that as a gay man, I'm not sure how a straight male trainer would react to me. Obviously, they don't need to know my sexual orientation, but I worry that it could be awkward if it comes up.

how do you know your trainer would be a straight male?

why would your private business ever have to "come up"

and if it did, who cares what the trainer's reaction would be? you're hiring the trainer to perform a service, not judge your life...