Chris Matthews admits he is in the Tank for Obama.

B_24065

1st Like
Media
This is amazing to me. Here you have a so called journalist admiting that his job is to make sure that Obama's presidency is a success. Fuck objectivity, fuck journalism, fuck truth. This is dispicable. Unlike guys like Olberman, and Hannity who are self-professed editorializors and propogandists, Matthews has always been a respected journalist. NOT ANYMORE. This is a discrace. You can literally hear the shock in Joe Scarboroughs voice.

Breitbart.tv Matthews: My ‘Job’ Is To Make Obama Presidency A Success

D

deleted3782

This is amazing to me. Here you have a so called journalist admiting that his job is to make sure that Obama's presidency is a success. Fuck objectivity, fuck journalism, fuck truth. This is dispicable. Unlike guys like Olberman, and Hannity who are self-professed editorializors and propogandists, Matthews has always been a respected journalist. NOT ANYMORE. This is a discrace. You can literally hear the shock in Joe Scarboroughs voice.

In theory, as patriotic Americans we should all see to it that our presidents are successful (present administration excluded :wink:). In reality, it doesn't happen that way. Its a nice sentiment, though... :rolleyes:

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
First, Chris Matthews is a "pundit", not a hard news man. He gets paid to express his opinion.

Second: It's no secret that Chris Matthews is in "transition"...it is widely speculated, and NOT denied by Matthews, that he will be seeking to run for the Senate of the United States, the most likely seat being in his home state of Pa. I beleive he has his eye on the seat currently occupied by Arlen Specter who is thought to be retiring at the end of his term.

Third. The ENTIRE news organization that goes by the name of FOX was "In the Tank" for McCain.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Its a minor victory that he is out there admitting what a great deal of the media have been doing for some time. I suppose Matthews wasn't interested in having a successful Presidency in the Bush years.:confused:

"Hardball" is being replaced by "Obamaball." I hope the sponsors are on board...

B_24065

1st Like
Media
You are out of your fucking mind industrial. Sure Matthews has political aspirations, but he is no pundit as you say. He is a professed journalist who i have heard on numerous occasions speakout on the editorialization of journalism. Here he is in his own words, admitting that his job is to help obama.

And you are full of shit when it comes to Fox news. tell me, do you watch it??? of course you dont, you just go on what some other asshole says about it. In reality, Fox is the only channel that pays equal time to both dems and reps. Thats a fact. they have an equal alocations of both conservative and liberal pundits as well. so dont give me that shit.Once the Dems shoot themselves in the ASS with bringing back the fairness doctrine, heads are gonna role if its applied to tv airwaves. If its applied fairly, MSNBC will have to make a choice between Matthews, Olberman, or Maddow. Foxnews will not have to make 1 change.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
You are out of your fucking mind industrial. Sure Matthews has political aspirations, but he is no pundit as you say. He is a professed journalist who i have heard on numerous occasions speakout on the editorialization of journalism. Here he is in his own words, admitting that his job is to help obama.

And you are full of shit when it comes to Fox news. tell me, do you watch it??? of course you dont, you just go on what some other asshole says about it. In reality, Fox is the only channel that pays equal time to both dems and reps. Thats a fact. they have an equal alocations of both conservative and liberal pundits as well. so dont give me that shit.Once the Dems shoot themselves in the ASS with bringing back the fairness doctrine, heads are gonna role if its applied to tv airwaves. If its applied fairly, MSNBC will have to make a choice between Matthews, Olberman, or Maddow. Foxnews will not have to make 1 change.

WTF have you been smoking, and pass it my way! While you speak of some truth about equal coverage for both parties, 90% of the time, the coverage on the Democratic side is all bashing and bullshit! I will never trust a word that comes out of a 'journalist' on Fox news

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

240 - you won't get a single liberal to concede that there was anything wrong with this remark by Matthews. You are spot on with the professional folly and poor journalistic conduct in his quote.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
240 - you won't get a single liberal to concede that there was anything wrong with this remark by Matthews. You are spot on with the professional folly and poor journalistic conduct in his quote.

I'm liberal, and I think matthews is a raving douche bag.

I have no respect for him.

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
First, Chris Matthews is a "pundit", not a hard news man. He gets paid to express his opinion.

Second: It's no secret that Chris Matthews is in "transition"...it is widely speculated, and NOT denied by Matthews, that he will be seeking to run for the Senate of the United States, the most likely seat being in his home state of Pa. I beleive he has his eye on the seat currently occupied by Arlen Specter who is thought to be retiring at the end of his term.

Third. The ENTIRE news organization that goes by the name of FOX was "In the Tank" for McCain.

following up on point #3, at least Chris Matthews is honest about it.

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
Today on his radio show O'Reilly said "I stand behind Obama as our president and hope that he does well and improves this country" does that mean he's in his tank as well?

He even gave Obama and his team recognition for allowing him access to information even after the interview they did together.....something the McCain camp did not do, they were closed off to him. Does that make him in Obama's camp?

People need to stop worrying what the press says and thinks and do their own research and make up their own minds.

B_24065

1st Like
Media
Today on his radio show O'Reilly said "I stand behind Obama as our president and hope that he does well and improves this country" does that mean he's in his tank as well?

He even gave Obama and his team recognition for allowing him access to information even after the interview they did together.....something the McCain camp did not do, they were closed off to him. Does that make him in Obama's camp?

People need to stop worrying what the press says and thinks and do their own research and make up their own minds.

Are you fucking kidding me! I hate the fucker but even i will support my president. Matthews said HIS JOBBBBBBB as a JORNALIST was to make sure Obama was successful. Give me a break. This is a disgrace, just fuckn admit it and stop making excuses for the liberal biased media.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Are you fucking kidding me! I hate the fucker but even i will support my president. Matthews said HIS JOBBBBBBB as a JORNALIST was to make sure Obama was successful. Give me a break. This is a disgrace, just fuckn admit it and stop making excuses for the liberal biased media.
And what is your excuse for the right-wingnut biased media know as Fox?

Last edited:

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
WTF have you been smoking, and pass it my way! While you speak of some truth about equal coverage for both parties, 90% of the time, the coverage on the Democratic side is all bashing and bullshit! I will never trust a word that comes out of a 'journalist' on Fox news

Whatever stamp you put on your tongue... send my way. Actually, don't share with your friends at the Lesh concert.

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media

So now I'm making excuses for liberal based media? My head is spinning, some people on this site call me a neo-con right wing nut because of my fiscal opinions, 1BIGG1 has called me a crying bleeding heart soccer mom liberal because I'm against people owning assualt weapons. And now I defend Liberal media outlet and make excuses for them. DAMN me and my open-mindedness.......damn me to hell for looking at things without having a party blocking my objectivity.

It's not a disgrace, frankly the honesty is refreshing. You people on both extremes need to relax.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I saw that in real time and thought that Joe and Mika were being combative and unnecessarily critical of the whole chief of staff thing.

Chris Mathews noticed that and was commenting on how he does not want to take part in that kind of nit picking and making mountains out of mole hills.

He was pretty much led to say what he said... Joe seemed to take great pleasure during this exchange.

What I really noticed is that Morning Joe changed gears yesterday morning and decided to be antagonistic towards the Obama administration instead of following the other shows on MSNBC in their liberal leanings. It's totally cool that they are doing that, I don't watch Morning Joe to get the latest "liberal" news, I watch it to hear what the conservatives are thinking.

Mathews has every right to try and support this administration... FOX news does EVERYTHING that it can to support conservatives and undermine liberals. Why can't MSNBC do the opposite? My "liberal" dollars buy the same products that are hawked on MSNBC that are being advertised on FOX... why don't my dollars buy the right to have a news channel that balances out the "Fair and Balanced"?

Us liberals deserve an anti-FOX news channel... my dollars that buy advertised products and services are just as good as any conservatives'... and that is what these corporations that own these news channels are in the supposed business of generating.

Chris Mathews is a good man.

B_24065

1st Like
Media
Industrial, Foxnews is 1 center-right news channel amoungst 8 center-left ones. You Know, you could possibly gain some credibility if for once you'd take that fat liberal cock out of your mouth and admit there is an overwhelmingly liberal media bias on TV. but you wont because you and the rest like you will not be happy until the first amendment is flushed away, and the liberal govt controls the media just like in china and russia. because then and only then do you believe the this nation will be the place you want it to be..one where you can butt fuck and suck in broad daylight with thousands cheering you on. I just dont see how you can say a fuckn thing when MSNBC, CNN, PBS, CBS, ABC, NBC, spew center-left to leftist bullshit 24/7.

I guess your gonna block me now huh freedom warrior?. before you do, go and read all the stuff phil ayesha and vinylboy wrote about me over the past few weeks. this was pg-13 compared to that hate, but your nazi ass will look right past it because one day you might have the off chance to fuck one of them, and you dont want to burn any bridges now do ya!

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
... you will not be happy until the first amendment is flushed away, and the liberal govt controls the media just like in china and russia.

... where you can butt fuck and suck in broad daylight with thousands cheering you on. I just dont see how you can say a fuckn thing when MSNBC, CNN, PBS, CBS, ABC, NBC, spew center-left to leftist bullshit 24/7.

... but your nazi ass will look right past it because one day you might have the off chance to fuck one of them

That rant was AWESOME!!!!

although it was better in the original German.

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Matthews is a commentator; there's a difference. He's also and always has been a democrat.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Industrial, Foxnews is 1 center-right news channel amoungst 8 center-left ones. You Know, you could possibly gain some credibility if for once you'd take that fat liberal cock out of your mouth and admit there is an overwhelmingly liberal media bias on TV. but you wont because you and the rest like you will not be happy until the first amendment is flushed away, and the liberal govt controls the media just like in china and russia. because then and only then do you believe the this nation will be the place you want it to be..one where you can butt fuck and suck in broad daylight with thousands cheering you on. I just dont see how you can say a fuckn thing when MSNBC, CNN, PBS, CBS, ABC, NBC, spew center-left to leftist bullshit 24/7.

I guess your gonna block me now huh freedom warrior?. before you do, go and read all the stuff phil ayesha and vinylboy wrote about me over the past few weeks. this was pg-13 compared to that hate, but your nazi ass will look right past it because one day you might have the off chance to fuck one of them, and you dont want to burn any bridges now do ya!
I have plenty of credibility, it just doesn't come from you...and I'm not going to do anything to you except to pray that you develop the ability to have a discussion like an adult and not call people childish names.