Christian Bale loses his shit

Taysom

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
HAHA, I love Bale and this is just hilarious. Can't wait for the movie though.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Be careful of this guy though. He already was in trouble for beating his mom. He is also the one who beat up his boyfriend and put him in the hospital. The boyfriend was paid nicely to keep his mouth shut.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Be careful of this guy though. He already was in trouble for beating his mom.

God, I just love it when people take a story they heard something about ages ago and invent a 'truth' from it. He did not beat his mother.

The Welsh-born actor, 34, was arrested and released on bail without being charged with assault, which he has denied.

Assault in the UK (where the incident occurred) does not mean hitting - it can mean a number of things.

There are also reports circulating that Bale was arrested for verbal assault. In England, there are two classes of verbal assault, Class 4 and Class 5. Class 4 is more aggravated than 5, with "an intent to cause alarm."

It seems that Bale flipped out at his mother (in this nasty, aggressive way that he seems to have, that I do not condone) and...

[...] sources directly connected to the Bale case told TMZ.com that Bale pushed or brushed his mom out of the way during the alleged altercation, but she was not hurt and did not fall down.

All quotes from FOXNews.com - Report: Christian Bale Confronted Mother After She Insulted Wife - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

I have no idea where the notion that he "beat up his boyfriend and put him in the hospital" came from. I thought Bale had a wife, not a boyfriend, and I can't find any evidence of that story in a quick Google - perhaps you could cite a source for that one.​

B_JasonDawgxxx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have no idea where the notion that he "beat up his boyfriend and put him in the hospital" came from. I thought Bale had a wife, not a boyfriend, and I can't find any evidence of that story in a quick Google - perhaps you could cite a source for that one.​

I think THIS was the source, lol.

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Bale is straight, so no boyfriend lol

But on the subject at hand I have to say I am a bit disappointed in him loosing his cool this way. It just seems so unprofessional and stupid and in any other work place the boss would have fired his ass for getting so riled up.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Bale is straight, so no boyfriend lol

But on the subject at hand I have to say I am a bit disappointed in him loosing his cool this way. It just seems so unprofessional and stupid and in any other work place the boss would have fired his ass for getting so riled up.

Well - many other, maybe not any other. Depends how good you are at your job too.

But yeah, I find this kind of behaviour disappointing too. I think Bale is a great actor, I don't always like his movies but his performances are solid and then some. He's also far from being the only performer who behaves like that. They don't call it an artistic temperament for nothing, you know.

B_JasonDawgxxx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It happens on just about every set. He was about to film an important scene when the lighting director walked on the set and caused him to lose it. Everyone that was there said it was over before it started. So silly.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There does appear to be another side to this.

The DP on TERMINATOR SALVATION, Shane Hurlbut, is a apparently a light tweaker. He's a fairly young DP and likes to fiddle with his lights on set during action, which is a big "NO NO" on most productions unless worked out in advance with performers. But apparently Shane was a pretty unrepentant light tweaker.

The scene in question, was a very emotional and tough scene between Christian Bale and Bryce Howard. A scene that required soul bearing and a deep level of immersive concentration. The sort of scene where everyone on set knows not to get in anyone's eye lines, and definitely not to move lights around while FILMING. You lock that shit down before the scene starts.

Bale had indeed warned the DP on multiple occasions about messing with lights while the cameras were rolling, and Bale was in the midst of a painful scene with Bryce, what was described to me as being the emotional center of the film and his character for the film.
Source

If the above is true then I can empathize with Bale. There are few things more frustrating than repeatedly asking someone not to do something, repeatedly explaining why it shouldn't be done and having them continually doing it anyway.

Frazzled doesn't begin to describe it.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who can relate.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Source

If the above is true then I can empathize with Bale. There are few things more frustrating than repeatedly asking someone not to do something, repeatedly explaining why it shouldn't be done and having them continually doing it anyway.

If this did happen it's the directors job to correct the guy. Bale is a bully and he knows that as the star of the movie people can not talk back to him.

Bale has obvious anger and rage issues. It was reported that two days later he had the incident with his mother and sister that led to trouble with the police.

When things like this happen that he feels the need to belittle and threaten people and their jobs it's usually about something else wrong in his life.

I'm SO thrilled that this tape came out. The guy being yelled at couldn't get revenge on the set, but so many people must hate Bale that they were able to get the audio of his meltdown.

He's an actor, not a brain surgeon. “My dear boy, why don't you try acting? It's so much easier" (Laurence Olivier on the set of 'Marathon Man', to Dustin Hoffman, who had announced that he'd gone 3 days without sleep in order to 'become' his character.)

D_Perry_Basin

Account Disabled
Media
I firmly agree with the last poster. Good actor or not, pure rage comes through, not to mention a fairly sophomoric vocabulary. What kind of person who has any control of himself descends so quickly and endlessly into the Anglo-Saxon? If you must vent, at least do so articulately.

How shameful. I hope actors like him pay the big price for their childish displays.

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Source

I have to agree, too, honestly. The depth that actors can reach during shooting can get more intense than most of us will know. Martin Sheen, for example, mourned his father's passing in Blind Ambition after not being able to attend his funeral.

I've come close to losing my head in music rehearsals, too.