Christian Bale loses his shit

These people are disgraceful. What are they so angry about? They have fame and money, so I guess they feel they have the right to belittle others who haven't been so lucky. I had to deal with douche bags like this when I worked in the service industry years ago. It's incredibly cowardly of these people as they know that the object of their verbal abuse cannot do or say anything back. I wonder if they would be so brazen outside of their controlled environment where they have the power. I'm sure they wouldn't be - they know that they would get the living tar beaten out of them.

I'm incredibly disappointed with Christian Bale. I'm a Terminator fanatic, and at first I thought he was the ideal choice to play the role of John Connor. These people who behave in such an appalling manner prove that money can't buy class. It's so unnecessary. Do you remember when John Candy died? No one had a bad word to say about the guy. He treated everyone on the set with dignity and respect no matter what their position was.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Honestly, I don't think Bale's behavior was all that terrible. I've seen and done worse. I think most people have. It's just a simple fact of life that sometimes people get angry and when they get angry, they sometimes yell, use crude language, and say mean things. Sometimes the anger is justified, and sometimes the mean things that are said are also true. Also, the people we are most likely to get angry at are the people close to us--parents, children, siblings, spouses--because they are the people whom we think ought to know better. In this particular case, Bale clearly believed that Hurlbut did something wrong and ought to have known better.

If you've told someone over and over again, "Please don't do X" and then they go ahead and do it anyway--at the worst possible moment--I can understand blowing up at them. It's a natural reaction.

In any case, none of us are in a position to judge Mr. Bale. Even if we've heard the full recording of his rant, we don't know all the other factors involved. We weren't in his shoes and we don't know exactly what happened. We don't know how many hours he'd been working or how tired he was or what else had transpired that day. We do know that he was trying to film an important, emotionally intense scene, and allegedly he'd already asked Hurlbut not to mess with the lights in the midst of filming.

Imagine working really hard to create something, something you cared deeply about, and having someone come in and do the one thing you've told them over and over again not to do, an action which ruined all your efforts. Even if you started all over again, your original work is lost forever, and your re-creation of it will at best be an approximation of the original; it will never be the same. Under those circumstances do you think you might blow up at the offending party? I think you might. I know I would.

Christian Bale had the class and decency to phone into an L.A. radio show today and apologize for his poor behaviour. I give him credit for that. It was a classy thing to do, and I'm glad to see that he manned up by taking ownership of his bad behaviour. He made no excuses for it, and sounded very remorseful. Everyone makes mistakes, but not everyone has the class to apologize for it. I'm glad to see that he is not one of those types of people. Far too many celebrities nowadays feel they have the right to do whatever they want without any repercussions or apologies. Good on ya Christian!

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Christian Bale had the class and decency to phone into an L.A. radio show today and apologize for his poor behaviour. I give him credit for that. It was a classy thing to do, and I'm glad to see that he manned up by taking ownership of his bad behaviour. He made no excuses for it, and sounded very remorseful. Everyone makes mistakes, but not everyone has the class to apologize for it. I'm glad to see that he is not one of those types of people. Far too many celebrities nowadays feel they have the right to do whatever they want without any repercussions or apologies. Good on ya Christian!

Sure because he got caught. He should have apologized to the guy the next day.

His new Terminator movie should be called "Rage Against The Machines".

He even uses his deep grunting Batman voice in this new movie.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Christian Bale is a very intense guy. He also takes acting really REALLY seriously, its a real passion for him. So when he's pumped up to do a scene & some guy is distracting him, I can understand how he might explode. Its not nice or correct. But its understandable.

He's now apologised. I dont think he would do so just for publicity; he's not an insincere type who craves popularity.

Sure because he got caught. He should have apologized to the guy the next day.

I agree that he should of apologized right away, but at least he did the right thing in the end, so I do give him credit for that. I don't think there was any danger of his career tanking over this incident. Maybe hearing his rant being broadcast made him realize how awful he had been. As I mentioned in my previous post, there have been many celebrities who were called out on their bad behaviour and didn't even as much as make an apology or acknowledge any wrong doing. He owned up to it and took full responsibility for his actions. We all screw up from time to time - it's what makes us human. Acknowledging it, owning up to it and apologizing for it was the decent thing for him to do, and he did it. He's good in my book again.

Christian Bale: 'I took it way too far' - Los Angeles Times

You can listen to the apology here: http://www.kroq.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
For starters, lemme say I won't comment either way on Bale's meltdown here.
But I will say I found downloads of:
01 Bale's meltdown 7-08
02 Bale's meltdown- RevoLucian remix
03 LA KROQ Kevin & Bean show apology 2-6-09
I just had to save this to a 3" CD-R for posterity. I even whipped up some quick artwork for it (attached - I'm bad, I know... :biggrin1:)
For anyone who's interested, I've put the three MP3's in a ZIP and uploaded them to RapidShare:
RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
01 Bale's meltdown 7-08
02 Bale's meltdown- RevoLucian remix
03 LA KROQ Kevin & Bean show apology 2-6-09
For anyone who's interested, I've put the three MP3's in a ZIP and uploaded them to RapidShare:
RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Fucking awesome zip man.

I was frustrated that I couldn't hear what was in the background when I heard the recording... the rumble of the air conditioners was too loud to make anything out.

Well, I ran the recording through Adobe Audition with the aid of a couple of plug-ins and was able to remove the air conditioning rumble to reveal what was underneath. I then isolated any of the background talking and boosted it when there was some. A couple of times, people talk so far away from the microphone that there just isn't anything there as far a waveform goes.

You can clearly hear McG's voice as well as Shane's. You can also hear somdone call for the AD Bruce to take a break after Christian told him to shut the fuck up.

I love the part where Shane says, "What it is, is I was looking at the light and... (unintelligible)"

Christian then proceeds to lunge forward and attempt to attack Shane after he said that! lol!!

here is the improved and remastered Christian Bale Temper Tantrum if anyone is curious as to what the people in the background were saying during the incident.

Attachments

Last edited: