Christianity and sexual beliefs

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by FeroxFemina, Mar 4, 2011.

1. FeroxFemina

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I didn't want to post about this in case it lead to arguments but I can't help myself because it's disturbing me so much.

My friend sent me these links:

fatpita.net :: funny random pictures

My girlfiends an unsaved slut so I dumped her - The Landover Baptist Church Forums

I thought it was a joke so I explored the site and I don't know what to say.

This one left me speechless:

I hit my wife for the first time - The Landover Baptist Church Forums

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE WORLD?????

Is it just me or does that all seem really really wrong to you?

Religion is NO excuse for that behaviour. It's scary!

P.S. I had no idea what section to post this in

2. FeroxFemina

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    #2 FeroxFemina, Mar 4, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  3. D_Rosalind Mussell

D_Rosalind Mussell New Member

4. FeroxFemina

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I can sleep at night!

That kind of thing really REALLY makes me mad!

5. D_Rosalind Mussell

I don't blame you. The truth is that some religious organizations are truly that frightening.

6. borntobeking

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Good find. Thanks for clearing that up. As I was reading the links my jaw just dropped. I was so ready to unleash a tidal wave of comments about this nonsense.

7. D_Rosalind Mussell

It's always best to double check before the blood pressure goes bust! :smile:

8. Incocknito

Gold Member

I knew it was a joke from the first link. No one condones rape and the way they were talking about it was just too ludicrous. (I am aware that some Christians can also be "too ludicrous" as well.)

"I got around to Halloween and how we would not be observing it anymore and that pumpkin pies were not to be made anymore. I told her it had to stop."

That's actually the point where I stopped reading.

9. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Betty Bowers is hysterical, but I'd never seen the message board before: there's a lot of reading there!

Thanks for the link, FF.

10. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

11. FeroxFemina

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Before I check that link can you tell me if it's real or not? (the other links got me so angry and frustrated, I don't want to go through that again!)

12. FeroxFemina

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Couldn't help myself, I had to look.

What is wrong with this woman?

I'm not a feminist, but when reading that the phrase 'a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle' comes to mind.

Personally I believe in equality, equal rights whether we're talking about gay, lesbian or hetero relationships. ​

13. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    It appears to be real.

The Surrendered Wife Phenomena | EquityFeminism

Reading the book excerpts makes my temperature rise. She advocates that women should not have opinions because it's just not feminine!

Here's a quote from that review:

#13 petite, Mar 5, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  14. FeroxFemina

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Read this http://web4.uwindsor.ca/users/w/win...9a000567b4/$FILE/surrendered.wife.natpost.pdf

(sorry for the long link)

On the first page a paragraph starts ..

I've never been married but I've had relationships and my first was 5 years long. If things start going bad after only 4 years, somethings wrong.

Edit:..... It gets worse!

15. FeroxFemina

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Rather that waste your money on a book like that I recommend all men and women should read David Shade's 'The Secrets of Female Sexuality' .... it's hilarious and actually useful.

This isn't an exact quote, but there was a bit in this book that said that a man wants a women who 'is a slave in the kitchen, a lady in the living room and a slut in the bedroom' and that a woman wants a man who is 'a gentleman in the living room, a workhorse at the office and an animal in the bedroom'.

His book explained male and female dynamics and how we complement eachother such as the Shiva/Shakti design (or Yin/Yang etc)... and this dynamics holds true for gay and lesbain couples two.

Lovers/life partners are complementary to one another and should support eachother in such a way. No surrendering required!

16. NorthEast

NorthEast New Member

I don't think you should get upset. The internet is full of garbage.

The things you are digging up are not representative of Christian marriage. No more than what the Taliban espouses about marriage represents the marriage ideals of Islam.

There are extremists and zealots in every religion, including atheism.

Don't let these articles bother you, because they do not represent true Christianity. In a true Christian marriage, each partner loves and serves and cherishes and respects the other and esteems the other's needs more important than their own, and they build each other up; not tear each other down.

Thanks.

17. NorthEast

NorthEast New Member

Yes, this is true in a Christian marriage: supporting each other. Sometimes, though, in supporting the other, we do need to surrender our own desires. Maybe sacrifice is a better word than surrender, but sometimes in a relationship we do need to make sacrifices in order for the relationship to work.

For what it's worth, a true Christian marriage rests on the principles of "complementarianism". {This is probably true of any good marriage, Christian or otherwise - religion probably has nothing to do with it}. But essentially each partner has a role in the marriage. The compassionate one is probably better at some things than the rational one; the creative one is better at some things than the logical one. That's all.

Love and respect are necessary in every marriage (regardless of faith), and are the cornerstone of a true Christian marriage. Please don't be fooled by all the junk you read on the internet, bookstore, Oprah, etc.

Thanks.

18. FeroxFemina

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Welcome to the site NorthEast, I've noticed your other posts and you are a welcome addition to LPSG.

I don't think the book about surrendering to your husband was about Christianity (I may be wrong), I was simply shocked by some of the quotes.

The links I posted originally were shocking and I'm vowing to stay away from that site before it upsets me, satire or not!

I'm a sensitive person, always have been, and anything regarding human rights, animal rights, womens rights (basically anything about the rights of something that lives and breaths) strikes a cord with me and I get angry and upset :puppy_dog_eyes:

It doesn't take much to hit my sensitive spot, but the anger builds when the situation in question is from the western world because I expect more from it in this day and age.

For example, the situation in Georgia where a bill is trying to be passed that makes miscarriage illegal makes me anger because I expect more from that society. This affects me differently than hearing about the stoning of a woman in Iran for the accusation that she committed adultery.

I'm angry with both scenarios, it hurts and makes me sad and frustrated because I can't do anything about it; but in the case of Georgie surely society there has come far enough that such a thing shouldn't even be considered?

Hopefully I make sense. I can't always articulate my point across as well as I'd like to.

I love how you put this.

19. willow78

Gold Member

Albums:
    She's contradicting herself - having an opinion that a woman shouldn't have an opinion.....huh? If that's how she feels then maybe we should all ignore her opinion. :tongue:

20. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

This is the biggest load of crap I've read to date!

Every..and I do mean every christian sect puts the man as the head of the household in a marriage...just as christ is suppose to be head of the church.
    So oh yes.....you can pull made up terms like "complementarianism" out of your butt and talk about supporting each other but in actual fact as far as christian marriages are concerned that only works so long as the man is in charge.

The snake oil your selling about equality in a christian marriage doesn't wash.

Draft saved Draft deleted