Christina Fucks Up The National Anthem @ The Super Bowl

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
That's what you get when someone is trying to over-impress, instead of just sincerely relying on their talent.

Concentrating on all that unnecessary change up totally messed her up
This is what I thought. ^ Honestly, I was so distracted by the sloooww tempo and all the goopey riffs I didn't even notice she flubbed the words.

That said, she's an amazing talent, and the bitch can belt to beat the band. Hopefully if she gets another chance, she'll make it more straightforward and honest and less about showing it off.

Hell, it could always be worse. Here. :usa2:

B_Shurewood

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What a pitiful, disgusting, embarrassment. It's the national anthem - NOT a sparkling pop song for your own personal aggrandizement. Another vulgar display of shameless self-promotion from a generation of self-centered narcissists with no respect. Pure agony for the ears!
:puke:

Last edited:

chrome416

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Christina is a top talent who should have been able to nail it. She absolutely beat the song to death trying to put her "personal flavor" on it. It's not a song from her new album but a song representing the COUNTRY! If you can't do it......DON'T. Then you have the half-time show. Holy shit if I paid money to see the Black Eyed Peas and they performed like that....I'd be running for the exit. My cat crying for food sounds better for Christs sake. So who will sing the national anthem at the next super bowl? Britney Spears? Oh wait she doesn't sing live.

Stretch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The woman has an amazing instrument and can flat out sing. She didn't seem vocally 100% healthy, however, singing at the Super Bowl. She might have been thrown by the lyric flub as well. The riffing, which she just can't seem to avoid, does get too extreme and with her voice less would be more in my opinion. I realize she's a professional and should be able to sing one song correctly but many have screwed up that particular song. That's why it's usually prerecorded and lip synced, so I do respect her singing it live.

Kibaa

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Im not american, but I watched the super bowl. Is it really that dramatically? I mean, some guys are overreacting. On facebook I saw a group, that want kill her, because of that mistake. I mean seriously. that aint right.

and the half time show was kinda like: 'Tron Legacy - The Musical' :tongue:

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, you go stand on a stage with a collective audience that large and sing it. :wink: Most people dread a damn speech in front of a class of 20, let alone something like that.
Amen.

Unless you're performing in front of hundreds of millions of people, you've no right at all to ask, "How hard can it be?".

paigexox

Sexy Member
Media
What a pitiful, disgusting, embarrassment. It's the national anthem - NOT a sparkling pop song for your own personal aggrandizement. Another vulgar display of shameless self-promotion from a generation of self-centered narcissists with no respect. Pure agony for the ears!
:puke:

Yes, it is the national anthem -- a song America has chosen to use as a cue to identify itself. I find it truly disheartening that you have integrated that one simple song so strongly into your own identity, that you think it's completely valid to denigrate an individual and smear an entire generation with the shit stick just because you took issue with it.

It's the rights and freedoms granted to all citizens of this great country that allow people to do these things, and like it or not, that's something to be celebrated.

Last edited:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
She was certainly impassioned and heartfelt. Overall I liked the performance except that she copped out on hitting the high note in "and the land of the free".

paigexox

Sexy Member
Media
By the way, did anyone actually watch the Superbowl for the sporting event? :biggrin1:

Seems like more and more each year it's just for advertisements and the possibility of seeing an errant nipple exposed. It's funny that the day after the game there are nothing but threads regarding a performance nobody presumably watched the game for.

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't see what the big deal is. It wasn't THAT bad. Afterall, why does it really matter if she missed a few notes? She did better than most could. I thought the Super Bowl was supposed to be about fun and sport. Don't take it so seriously as though your very heart has been ripped from your chest.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
By the way, did anyone actually watch the Superbowl for the sporting event?

Seems like more and more each year it's just for advertisements and the possibility of seeing an errant nipple exposed. It's funny that the day after the game there are nothing but threads regarding a performance nobody presumably watched the game for.

Hey, I'm watching it right now and it's a pretty good game! Go Packers! Hope they won. They were my team when I was a little kid living in Wisconsin.

Stretch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
By the way, did anyone actually watch the Superbowl for the sporting event? :biggrin1:

Very good point. I actually didn't even know who the "entertainment" was until I watched the game. After another season of fantasy football and experiencing the Giants late season swoon...again...I forgot to check on who was performing. :tongue: Luckily it wasn't a question in last weeks pub quiz.

chrome416

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I love Christina don't get me wrong but how often does she forget lyrics to HER songs? I highly doubt she does. As for being nervous the woman sings in frong of thousands upon thousands around the world. I can understand being nervous and flubbing to a degree right along with forgiving her vocal ability not at it's best (which is awesome when it is) but adding all that crazy up and down shit.....NO It's not YOUR song. Sing it with respect and the way it was intended. I HATE when people do that. Another who butchered the Anthem to shreds was Aretha Franklin. Hey, as for Whitney.....let's have HER do a remake of her Anthen next year. AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA crack is whack.