Christmas Alone

EmJay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Have you ever spend Christmas by yourself? ..and what did you do to pass the time..

Where you able to enjoy yourself?

Charles Finn

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
try not to spend it alone find friends to share with
but if you have to be alone
spend time reading watching tv playing on the computer
use it as a time to reflect and to gather your thoughts and be thankful for what you have

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Have you ever spend Christmas by yourself? ..and what did you do to pass the time..

Yup last year. I cooked the same food as always. Ate at the same time as if I had family and friends over. I had a fire going all weekend. I sat and watched sports on TV and talked to my friends online.

New Years was the same. Bought good food and a bottle of Champagne watched the ball drop at Times Square nice and warm.

bigbulgelicker45

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've done it twice.

First time was in '84 and I had just came from a couple of days in Atlanta and was going to go with my family to Virginia but I had gotten sick so decided to stay home.

The second time my mom was sick so everyone stayed away.

It really didn't bother me spending it alone. The only thing I don't like is being home alone on New Year's Eve, so, I usually go out in the afternoon, drink and go to bed before midnight. NYE used to be my holiday but as I get older it's just another night. For years I didn't know what it was like to wake up on New Year's Day without a hangover!

EmJay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well for me....I have spend a few christmases by myself..but that was only because I had decided to celebrate my birthday on another day. Yes my birthday is on the 25th. So the day itself felt like just a lazy sunday for me.

But this time I didnt feel like celebrating..and then going through Christmas by yourself is different.. Because then Its my Birthday and Christmas and I am not doing a thing.

It felt a bit sad to do that..and didnt feel like spending yet another birthday celebrating in someone else's home..

So I have decided to go out and do something new instead..

But yeah..apart from this year. Its always been New years Eve that I don't like spending by myself. But hee..I am not the only one..

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yes'

Several times & Preferred this year
Dont want to be heading for Home & Family, this season.

use it as a time to reflect and to gather your thoughts and be thankful for what you have
AGREED

No Reading No TV, too stressful
actually listen to Radio, prep cook & eat a fine meal wine etc, & SLEEP.
(used to be Scotch & Chocolate Almonds for breakfast, but gave that up) ha
enz

Sharpone

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I haven't spent a Christmas alone yet, but we do have family that live all over the world. What we do is bring our laptops and have everyone who can't attend joins us on Skype. It's not the same as being there, but it sure is better than not being included.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I'm usually not alone, but we never celebrate X-mas. We're usually distracted doing something constructive. Long before I met The Squeeze I found myself trapped with a bunch of people who were sort of friends, but not close friends. We were in Tuscon for that X-mas weekend and the last thing I wanted was to be around a bunch of forced happiness. I rented a Jeep for three days (24th, 25, and 26th), loaded up with water, ice and other beverages and went four-wheeling and camping by myself. I often go camping by myself. I'm my best company. That was a wonderful three days. Incredibly quiet and beautiful, too.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
One year a dear friend of mine was killed on 21, December and I just could not face the holidays that year. I stayed in my apartment from Christmas until New Years. It was very therapeutic.

EmJay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yeah turning the TV off might be a good thing. Here I can look forward to shows showing long distance lovers who finally are brought into each other's arms to spend Christmas with their loved ones..or sappy Christmas romantic movies..sigh..

EmJay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nah..looking forward to a new year full of new experiences, people that I am going to meet and new places that I am going to visit :)..

But yeah ..I did have a family member who committed suicide around these days.. Its almost 20 years ago..but it still sad. Maybe that's why I always feel different..around these days.. We were the same age and I have never got to see him grow up.

PurpleThrillHammer

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Is it possible for you to go to work that day.

I work in a prision, so its easy for me to just go to work. Why sit at home when I can make a couple hundred $$$. Not much to remind you of Christmas in a prision so it makes it easier to deal with.

EmJay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have made arrangements already for that day..so I will not be sitting 'home alone'
;-)

I was just considering staying home..and wondered about how everyone else spends their time.

Working on that day is not an option for me. we are closed..so there is no use to do that...And I would rather lazy up in bed with a few dvd's,my phone and my laptop than go to work haha..

mexdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think there is a good chance that i will not go out or eat anything special this xmas, but i guess it will be like the 3rd or 4th time, i will stay like this, whe i was younger i used to go to visit an uncle and spend xmas there, but now, i really dnt care about it, andi dont want to eat any xmas food again (turkey, or things like that) only the new year i do go with my mom side of the family

HeBop

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I will be spending this Christmas alone well sort of. My Mother passed away in October and I really don't have much family where I live. Christmas Eve will be spent at my very close friends that are like my family. Chritmas day I have decided I am spending at my favorite bar and I am going to get sloppy drunk.

With Mom passing I really am not in the spirit of Christmas this year but I just can't imagine sitting here alone. I would probably just end up sitting here crying and feeling sorry for myself. So the Bar it is. Two of my good friends work there and will be working that day so I intend to have fun.

onewatcher

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I will be spending this Christmas alone well sort of. My Mother passed away in October and I really don't have much family where I live. Christmas Eve will be spent at my very close friends that are like my family. Chritmas day I have decided I am spending at my favorite bar and I am going to get sloppy drunk.

With Mom passing I really am not in the spirit of Christmas this year but I just can't imagine sitting here alone. I would probably just end up sitting here crying and feeling sorry for myself. So the Bar it is. Two of my good friends work there and will be working that day so I intend to have fun.

I know the feeling.. Both my folks are gone now, and I just don't feel like joining other family members at Christmas. I have spent Christmas alone the last couple of years and really don't mind it... One year I went to the movies, it was packed! My man lives in another part of the world.. Thank God for MSN messenger! I can watch him enjoy his Christmas dinner, alone, while I have my Christmas breakfast, alone!