Christmas Cards for Injured Soldiers.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Just a thought for those of you that may be interested... if you would like to send Christmas Cards (Or should I be PC and say Holiday Cards?) to injured American soldiers, you can do so by mailing them to this address:

A Recovering American Soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Ave, NW
Washington, D.C. 20307-5001

I'm going to be doing it. :smile:

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You can also volunteer to be a penpal for a soldier, I don't know where the address is but it can't be hard to find on the net, I did it for some years and for those soldiers who have no one to write to having a letter to look forward to can make a real difference.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks meg. We're all on a forum so we're by nature chatty, let's hope some of the people on here write to a soldier. Getting a nice personal letter every now and then would really make their day.

And given the nature of the site I'm sure we'd all send naked photos, I'm sure they'd appreciate that even more than the letters :)

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks meg. We're all on a forum so we're by nature chatty, let's hope some of the people on here write to a soldier. Getting a nice personal letter every now and then would really make their day.

And given the nature of the site I'm sure we'd all send naked photos, I'm sure they'd appreciate that even more than the letters :)

LOL! :biggrin: Nude pictures, eh?

I just signed up at mysoldier.com to be a penpal. I should be receiving my soldier's name and address within 5-10 days. Woo!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Awesome post Megs and Speedo Guy! I think I shall sign up too!

LOL! :biggrin: Nude pictures, eh?
I just signed up at mysoldier.com to be a penpal. I should be receiving my soldier's name and address within 5-10 days. Woo!
Did you request one with a big thick cock TMM? :wink::biggrin1::cool:

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I believe the US military still doesn't fully accept guys who are gay but the British military does so if you wanted to do it you could write to a British soldier.

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
"Don't Ask, Don't Tell"... just avoid topics such as which drapes would make their tents really 'pop' and how best to give their MRE's a little extra 'pizazz'... :wink:

(they already know which 'drapes' make their tents 'pop', I assure you...) :biggrin1:

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well that is just it. If I wrote to someone I would write full out as the chance to be sincere and get to know someone. The nature of a penpal, to me, is on going, you develop a friendship. So if I approached it that I would never open up...ever..well that would be untruthful. I could just never do a generic "hello." It wouldn't seem special. Side note, I wrote back and forth to a guy involving novel writing. He is such a good guy. We have been writing for 5 years. Imagine down the road when I found out he was this major adult COLT model. Kind of funny. Guys just drop for him. I think he is handsome but since I didn't get to know him from a physical standpoint, I never think of him in that way. About that letter writing program, it is a good program I'm sure.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well that is just it. If I wrote to someone I would write full out as the chance to be sincere and get to know someone. The nature of a penpal, to me, is on going, you develop a friendship. So if I approached it that I would never open up...ever..well that would be untruthful. I could just never do a generic "hello." It wouldn't seem special. Side note, I wrote back and forth to a guy involving novel writing. He is such a good guy. We have been writing for 5 years. Imagine down the road when I found out he was this major adult COLT model. Kind of funny. Guys just drop for him. I think he is handsome but since I didn't get to know him from a physical standpoint, I never think of him in that way. About that letter writing program, it is a good program I'm sure.

First off, these are mostly AMERICAN soldiers... many of which I'm sure have gay friends or family members. Secondly, many of these service people could be gay themselves. Thirdly, what if your pen pal is a woman? There ARE women in the service, ya know... they're almost always accepting of gay men. lol.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When you're writing to a soldier it's not a singles type thing where you're looking to hook up, it's just friendship, letting him know there's a friendly letter on the way that he can look forward to.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh man, I wasn't thinking it was a dating service. Nor did I make any ref to females vs males. It really is sad that a conversation can't happen except when you feel the need to lecture and take the opposite point of view. What a downer...later...much much later that I ever try a response again with the person who felt the need to cuss at me for asking about a person's death years ago. You may have a huge IQ and clever comebacks but you aren't very nice and that hasn't changed. Night Folks

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have thought about being a pen pal but I bet they really don't want a gay guy writing them...so ..well..thats all I guess
How could say such a thing when many of the brave men and women fighting are gay just like you. You can be a pen pal. I think its a great idea.:cool:

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well damnit. Just wanted to let ya'll know that my dad received an email today from a friend of his who discovered that this no longer works... the hospital will not take letters to any random person, only to specific people. SO... don't do this. :smile: No sense wasting all those cards and postage for no reason! SORRY!