Christmas Gifts -

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Diesel Oyl, Nov 20, 2009.

1. D_Diesel Oyl

D_Diesel Oyl New Member

Do you tell people what to get you, or do they buy you something they think you will like?

I don't give anyone suggestions - always seem to get good stuff.

2. L_Lynn

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    It depends on the person.

I have been accused of being a thoughtful gift giver, because I listen, all year, and I shop, all year. People give clues about things they want all the time in regular conversation. You just have to listen and make a mental note of it because you never know when you are going to come across that perfect item.

My ex-husband was a terrible gift giver. One year he gave me this huge fancy bar of white chocolate. I don't like white chocolate. In fact, I have very strong feelings against white chocolate (I mean, it's not reallly chocolate is it?? It's just a white vanilla confection. It shouldn't even be called chocolate....)

I like dark chocolate. HE liked white chocolate. There were other wtf gifts but the chocolate epitomizes it the best. So for him, I not only gave suggestions, I even went so far as to cut out pictures from store flyers and paste them into a notebook for him!

This year though, I have been unemployed and everyone is getting a basket of baked goods! Fortunately, I am handy with a mixer and measuring cups. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted