Christmas is coming too early!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Geffarde Phartsmeller, Nov 5, 2007.

1. D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

I mean what the hell. Halloween ends and the next day the Christmas decorations go up. And even the sales are starting! What happened to Thanksgiving? It's been getting squeezed out more and more every year. I place the blame with retailers. God forbid they wait a month. NEED MORE MONEY NOW!!!! Greedy bastards. Instead of coming up with real solutions to slowing sales, they jump the gun on Christmas. The retail industry has been dying for many years but retailers are too impatient to implement long-term fixes. Short-term sales are all they rely on.

Alas, I digress. Am I the only one that can wait a few weeks for the Christmas season to start? I like Thanksgiving! The family part is iffy but the food can't be beat. And it technically has significance beyond the turkey. It's not just another bullshit day like Valentine's or Sweetest Day. Don't even get me started on Christmas in July.

2. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

Christmas is my favorite holiday of the year, but I agree that it gets going too soon. Radio stations here start playing Christmas music WAY too early, and by the time Christmas comes around, I'm ready to strangle the next person I hear singing Jingle Bell Rock. I usually don't start shopping till a week or two before Christmas anyway. *shrug*

3. D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

You and me, both. Try working at a mall and hearing the music 8 hours a day. Shit gets ugly by January.

4. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I love Christmas but it used to be so much more fun, when I was younger the shops would only get Christmas stock in towards Christmas and part of the fun of the holiday was rushing to get everything you wanted. Now the shops here have Christmas stuff in well before Halloween and frankly Christmas starts feeling a little humdrum when it's pushed on us so heavily.

5. D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

Christmas in July. Nothing is more wicked.

6. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

You kidding? We had our Christmas shit up overlapping the Halloween stuff before Halloween was done. And on top of that, they now expect us to get the trees & stands before Black Friday. Just what I need, a full day of washing my laundry with the smell of pine needles & quite possibly sap.

7. D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

Testafied. Last thing kids need to see when they're trick-or-treating is a decapitated Santa Claus with Rudolph's corpse hanging from a tree branch.

Draft saved Draft deleted