Christmas just 1 week away.....aaaarrrrghhh!!!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_mitchymo, Dec 18, 2008.

1. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

I am not ready, not even a little bit....i've left things to the last minute this year which is not usual for me. I have not even bought my xmas cards let alone wrote them.....everyone is having cash this year cos i have'nt bought presents yet....no decorations are up and worst of all i'm not in the xmas spirit....can we not just forget about the holiday this year.......i think it should be celebrated in the same frequency as we have the olympic games!

2. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Well I know you are going to hate hearing this...but if you do what I do it will make next year easier.
    December 26, 2008 buy Holiday cards, gift wrap and ribbons and new tree lights on sale.
    April 2009 make a list of who you need to buy presents for. If you have to buy 9 gifts, buy 2 a month and you will be finished by the time summer is over.
    October 2009 Address and fill out your cards a few at a time every night in your spare time between now and mid November. Buy your stamps and post them in late November.
    November 2009 If you bake goods for the holidays start in late November and make one of two items per week that can be frozen
    Wrap the gifts that need to be shipped and send them in late November to beat the lines at the post office
    December 2009Put up your tree and listen to Holiday music, invite a few friends over to help and enjoy the season.
    If possible
    take vacation time from December 19th until after New Years so you can enjoy the beauty and magic of the season.
    Don't hate me...it took me years to figure this out! I used to do everything at the last minute too!

3. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

Xmas all year around??? ARE YOU INSANE!!! LOL

4. D_Marazion Analdouche

5. camchain

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    roll on summer. 29th of march 2009. british summer time begins.

6. Northland

Gold Member

Hey, great news! 2009 is just 2 weeks away!

7. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:

OH I soooooooo hear ya. This has been such a crazy year w/my job ending, a best friend dying, and my roomie moved out when my job ended, my mom and brother might both have cancer at the same time. It's all left me crazed and depressed and not wanting to much more than is expected at the moment.
    It has been impossible this yr for me to think ahead, plan and get things done.
    I've decided I'm not doing Christmas this year. Not sending cards, not buying gifts (thk god as the job thing left me kinda broke right now). Everyone is going to have to just understand that this hasn't been my year.
    I like NudeYorker's idea tho and I kinda do the same thing for Chanukah/Xmas usually.
    Dear god I just want it to be January nd already and look forward t a better year!
    I hope yr having better time in England! Cheers, holiday hugs and drink egg nog till January! lol.
    Hells

Draft saved Draft deleted