b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Hmmm, most fav?

Well right off the cuff I'd say "Little Drummer Boy" (the version with the "ding ding"...there must be a zillion renditions), "Lennon's "Happy Christmas - War is Over" (yeah...fat chance), "Oh Come Oh Come Emmanuel", and Donny Hathaway's "This Christmas", for starters. Crosby's "White Christmas" and Nat King Cole's "The Christmas Song" also in the rankings.

Least favs? "Rudolph the Reindeer" and that aforementioned "Grandma Run Over..." b.s. among others - and anything sung by ducks, chipmunks, and/or barking dogs.

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Last edited:

august86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I enjoy any Christmas music (especially traditional) as long as it's not sung by children's choirs. :tongue:

O Holy Night would be my all time favourite. There are some good versions by: Carrie Underwood, Celine Dion, Il Divo, Josh Groban, David Archuletta, and many others.

Mariah Carey's cd would be the best compilation. Although, Josh Groban, Michael Bublé, Celine Dion, Il Divo, (and even Susan Boyle) have good tracks on their cd's. I wait for cd/dvd store sales just before christmas, so that I can get them at great prices.

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I love Cyndi, but what the hell was she thinking when she came up with Christmas Conga...that was torture to the ears. She could have come up with something better than that.

monel

Sexy Member
Media
Favorites would include, in no particular order:

"Fairytale of New York " .... Pogues/Shane McGowan
"Father Christmas" ... The Kinks
"Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth" ... Bing Crosby & David Bowie
"Oh Night Devine"

Least favorites include:

"Last Christmas". ... Wham/George Michael
"Christmas Shoes" ... (not sure of the artist)
"Dominic the Donkey" .. ( I don't know who sings this piece of drivel. I only discovered it when I moved to Boston so I'm not certain how widespread this insipid piece is.)

wallaboi

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My favourites at the moment are from an EP released in October this year by Hawk Nelson. Check out Hark the herald angels sing. If you're a bit jaded with all the smalzy sugar coated jingles, these songs are like a breath of fresh air. Joy to the world has a bit of a surprising end and gave me a good chuckle.

hung9mike

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have a lot of favorites. But I will name this one, since I'm not sure that anyone else will identify it. :smile:

"Weird Al" Yankovic - Christmas At Ground Zero - YouTube

And, honestly, I would pick "Little Drummer Boy" as my least favorite. I can hardly wait for the drum solo so the damn song will finally end. :tongue: