Christmas Songs Your Least and Most Favorite

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks, and sorry for the switch. I don't have ADD, but my musical tastes tend to run amok. I have to feed my iPod mood stabilisers to keep it running.

So that's the secret! I've gone through two iPods because I've had Olivia Newton John and Marianne Faithfull as well as Julie Andrews and Warren Zevon downloaded.

wallaboi

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Jingle Bells must be the single most brain-destroying song ever invented. To call it "stupid" is almost an insult to stupidity. What amazes me is that people keep finding ways to make it even stupider, by adding syncopations, ornaments, and so on. When I hear it in a store, I often stick my fingers in my ears and start humming, or flee the joint if the exit is nearby.

monel

Sexy Member
Media
Jingle Bells must be the single most brain-destroying song ever invented. To call it "stupid" is almost an insult to stupidity. What amazes me is that people keep finding ways to make it even stupider, by adding syncopations, ornaments, and so on. When I hear it in a store, I often stick my fingers in my ears and start humming, or flee the joint if the exit is nearby.

I use to like the "Batman smells" version. :redface:

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh, Holy night is the least. Primarily because we had to do that song for sixth grade xmas show. Well, we had a lunatic of a music teacher, who HAD to be an ex symphony conductor, and would scream at the slightest infraction that did not please him.

Last edited:

'Santa Claus is Comin to Town' - Don't bother.
'A Wonderful Christmas Time' - Dreary.
'All I Want For Christmas' - NO!

'Fairytale of New York' is about the best, I reckon. :)
Altho that Shakin Stevens one is quite cheery.

Last edited by a moderator:

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I use to like the "Batman smells" version. :redface:
I grant you that that version does something to make up for the aesthetic offenses of the original. I would also make some concession for the barking-dog version, as it seems to me at least conscious of its own stupidity.

kenny233

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Update: I am sure it is listed already somewhere in this thread, but I just came to the conclusion that ALL versions of "The Twelve Days of Christmas" are equally abhorrent.

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Can't believe that no one has mentioned that horrible country song from a few years ago called something like "The Christmas Shoes" or some such thing. Makes me gag.

Not really Chirstmas, but it's on her Winter CD "Journey of the Angels" Enya is beautiful.
Enya - Journey of the Angels - YouTube