Christmas Trees Are Offensive

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Why does anyone in the "land of the free", give a crap how a corporation chooses to celebrate or not celebrate a holiday?
What do you want? The feds to pass some laws mandating Christmas trees?
This whole reverse PC thing is a laugh. It's none of your business how Chase bank decorates their lobby.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why does anyone in the "land of the free", give a crap how a corporation chooses to celebrate or not celebrate a holiday?
This whole reverse PC thing is a laugh. It's none of your business how Chase bank decorates their lobby.

Yes, this is the irony of it. Chase set up its policy for only one reason, which is to ensure maximum profit. This is called "free market capitalism" for all you right wing Christian radicals. It has absolutely nothing to do with any "War on Christmas" or your ridiculous notion that Christians are a persecuted minority in America.

Right wing radicals are all for an unfettered free market and small government until it interferes with something they would like to shove down everyone else's throat.

This Christian is offended by it.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Yes, this is the irony of it. Chase set up its policy for only one reason, which is to ensure maximum profit. This is called "free market capitalism" for all you right wing Christian radicals. It has absolutely nothing to do with any "War on Christmas" or your ridiculous notion that Christians are a persecuted minority in America.

Right wing radicals are all for an unfettered free market and small government until it interferes with something they would like to shove down everyone else's throat.

Hear, hear.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
On my way home from errands today I looked into the lobby of the Chase bank in my neighborhood. There is in fact a christmas tree. Further reading on the story reveals that the tree in question was not a company issued tree.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media

QFT! Amen.

I don't really have a problem with Christmas trees, religious symbol or not, but I've never seen one I didn't think was tacky as hell. An ugly Germanic tradition which unusually (since I normally liike all things Germanic) I wouldn't mind going out of fashion.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Simple solution,put up 20 (REAL) Christmas trees and piss off the enviromentalists to boot!!

Ugh All those needles.

That's why I switched to artificial. Hearing "Tinkle tinkle tinkle" all night long of needles falling, hitting ornaments, and having to vacuum up that mess made the switch so worth it.

But boy would it be nice to be able to purchase that tree that you want to cut - but instead have it transplanted to your yard.

I would thoroughly enjoy decorating that tree every year in my yard.
Some that I've cut over the years were so pretty.. and for $50 they won't transplant them for you, even if your willing to pay extra. Bummer!

Tis the season.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7T4TyOWR8U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Skf0tTp8PU

Last edited: