Christmas wishes

Ralexx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Xmas is coming in 2 days and because I'm not at home (travelling, travelling...), I take this very opportunity to make some wishes to all the LPSG members :

Joyeux Noël et Bonne Année !

Merry Christmas and all the best for the next year !

Boze Narodzenie !

Prettige Kerstmis !

Sarbatori fericite - La Multi Ani !

Frohe Wiehnachten un makt dat goot in't nie Johr !

Feliz Navidad y buen año nuevo !

Buon Natale e felice anno nuovo !

Boldog karácsonyi ünnepeket !

Kulunuza olan lutfi hic unut-majagagym. Binlerge arz-y tesekkür ederim ! (Happy Ramazan)

(Correct the wishes above if necessary !)

I also wanted to post a sort of Xmas story at "Fictitious Stories", but - damn ! - I have to wait till I get back to Cluj.

jerkin4-10: raal, while i appreciate the sentiment of the wish...i find it unfortunate that you dont feel the need to spell out 'Christmas'...i see in the wish part you did...but the real reason for the season...is the part that is 'Xed' out..
the Christ...for Christians anyway...i mean no disrespect to those that dont worship Christ...you certainly have your right to do so...and i applaud you all for believing in something spiritual...but i notice that the other holidays are not abbreviated in any way...not just you...but in other greetings...thank you for the kind and thoughful wishes and the time you took to research the proper greetings in lots of other languages...but lets keep the 'Christ' in Christmas...thanx...

gigantikok: And jerkin, no disrespect to you either, but lighten up a little buddy. I'm sure Raal meant no harm by abbriviating Christmas. And on that topic, I don't think the people that started abbriviating it meant any harm either. I don't think they had it in mind to disregard Christ. I think by getting pissed off at people for saying Xmas is, in a way, missing the holiday spirit as well. Just a word, and if you have strong enough faith, no word could disregard Christ.

jerkin4-10: gig...your right dude...i apologize..i have always had this 'thing' about that though...whenever i see that...i comment to the manager, or whatever...i mean its just who i am...lets keep the Christ in Christmas... :)

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There is no disrespect in Xmas, especially if one knows Greek. Radu does know Greek ... or, at least. he's learning Greek. The first letter of the Greek Christos ('Annointed'), from where we get the word Christ, is the letter chi, which looks exactly like our letter X. The symbol X has been regarded as a respectful monogram for Christ for centuries. The army of Constantine marched under the standard XP, the first two Greek letters of Christos. Byzantine icons indicate the title Christos with XC, the first and last Greek letters of Christos. Should we interpret using the ancient symbol for Christ as an attempt to ignore Him? I don't think that was the intent.

That said, I'd like to add Kala Christouyenna to our Greek-speaking members here!

wvalady1968: Back on topic.....unoffended Christian here.

Radu, thank you! Thank you for your wonderful posts and your sweet encouraging PMs. And sincere wishes for your Christmas!! [Travelling?? Poor Baby!!]

May 2004 bring you everything your heart desires.

Allie
:-*

GreenEyes: Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to all!

Hoping that this year brings you all what you want.

~GreenEyes

ukthickone: Hey there all u hung guys and followers :)

merry xmas to you all
from birmingham england :)

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Merry Christmas, LPSG'ers!

Make sure your stocking is hung...

by the chimney with care!

Pecker

Why'd they hang that hung guy Hong? 'Cause he got caught in the mayor's house with his whang in Wang's wife's 'tang.