Chuck Norris Goes Insane

mb789

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Just thought I'd share something:
On Dec. 27, 1820, Thomas Jefferson wrote about his vision for the University of Virginia (chartered in 1819), "This institution will be based on the illimitable freedom of the human mind. For here we are not afraid to follow the truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error as long as reason is left free to combat it."
But what should happen 200 years later when our public schools and universities avoid the testing of truths? Or suppress alternate opinions because they are unpopular or politically incorrect? Or no longer tolerate opinions now considered errors or obsolete by the elite? What happens when sociopolitical agendas or scientific paradigms dominate academic views to the exclusion of a minority even being mentioned?
What happens when the political and public educational pendulum swings from concern for the tyranny of sectarianism in Jefferson's day to secularism in ours? What happens when U.S. public schools become progressive indoctrination camps?
Dr. Jim Nelson Black, founder and senior policy analyst of the Sentinel Research Associates in Washington, D.C., wrote an excellent book, "Freefall of the American University." In it, he documents the clear biases pervading our public academic settings. Among that lopsidedness is the intentional training of students to disdain America, freely experiment sexually, forcefully defend issues like abortion and homosexuality, as well as become cultural advocates for political correctness, relativism, globalization, green agendas and tolerance for all.
One of the primary ways these educative platforms are spread is by recruiting and retaining faculty members who reflect and teach them.
Source

megatron

1st Like
Media
A few years ago, I had read a few of his articles.

He's just batshit stupid and truly un-American.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I am fairly sure that if Jefferson was alive today, he would be opposing the teaching of creation myths as scientific truth or alternative truth, whatever that is.

The best academics are prone to oppose dogma and prejudice (not that dogma has not been a problem in some academic fields). It is hardly surprising then that they have little time for superstitions and their concomitant prejudices.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
What I found most amusing is the World Net Daily as a source for the rants of Chuck Norris -- not because Norris isn't in full cahoots with such charlatans, but that he was a proud button wearer of an unchallenged, underachieving product of public education who joined the Air Force rather than finish high school.

His motivations are quite clear. He's the product of an alcoholic father for which he blames all of his early failures "until I learned to turn defeat into success." He is an avid christianist whose belief system has no room for Jews, Hindus, or people of other belief systems who don't buy his famous Complete Gym at 3:30 AM while watching TV. He is also a serious paranoid regarding anything to to with the government, unless it's the military. All you need to know how "bat shit" crazy this fool is starts with reading his lackluster non-best seller Black Belt Patriotism: How to Reawaken America, and to recognize that he isHuckabee's bestest friend and pal.

He is right about one thing and that is public education has been dumbed down in the USA. However, if you're serious about following the bread crumbs that lead back to the beginnings of this tragedy you'll find it's the Republican Party whenever in power that has regularly lowered the funding of American Public Education. Personally, I think it's because none of them were any good at band practice.

Last edited:

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
Science is full of creation myths & others of it's own. Interpolation, use of anomalous data to back up doctrine, whilst discarding contradictions, egos, personal fiefdoms etc.

Anthropogenic global warming is meant to be scientific, yet observed results on the models used have been not just problematic, but throughly disappointing. But the faith in the idea is there, so they continue adjusting models to get the "right" result anyway.

The LHC results also look like they're going to tear up 100 years of physics after predicted minor observations even, haven't occurred; 15,000 generations of fruit flies being subjected to a battery of conditions, has just produced more fruit flies; scientifically approved, "environmental" recycled paper is leaching carcinogens into our food; & these are just a few current examples.

Pasteur was derided by the contemporary scientific community, & even today, free thinkers, or those who don't conform to dogma, find it hard to be heard, get tenure, or funding, no matter their credentials.

I think Jefferson would loathe the lack of debate, & the lack of funding to parallel research into alternate causes & solutions.

I would welcome a little more cynicism from scientists, rather than the unfortunately evangelical media whores who fill our screens like updated versions of tramps wearing "the end is nigh" boards.:smile:

The irony is of course is that over time, mathematically, almost every single scientific belief held today will be proven flawed or outright wrong - & claiming superiority over some other mumbo jumbo that does no harm, should be taken with a pinch of NaCl. Does the material always outweigh the spiritual?

The amount of time we've spent observing the universe & physically exploring it is equivalent to an ant blinking into existence, & taking a lazy peek at planet Earth.

Science ultimately strives to prove a predictable cause & effect relationship. From one reaction or event, another must occur - which makes me jest that scientists are actually all Hindu's - because ultimately everything that happened from the moment the universe came into existence, was completely predictable (there are no randoms, probabilities are only assigned to that which we don't know now), & is therefore fatalistic - we don't control our destinies, & all of our lives would be predictable from the start.:cool:

I' like to think that there's something more to it - but perhaps I was always going to type that!:tongue::biggrin1:

Last edited:

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Today's truth may be tomorrow's giggle worthy theory, but the point is to keep searching and re-searching.

Dogmas entail the end of any further search.

BTW, Jefferson would be banned from any campus for his virulent racism.

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
Today's truth may be tomorrow's giggle worthy theory, but the point is to keep searching and re-searching.

Dogmas entail the end of any further search.

AGW!

BTW, Jefferson would be banned from any campus for his virulent racism.

Bang goes one of the world's greatest minds then. Fortunately, he didn't need to be told what to think by university commissars, & mainly was self taught.

I don't think many university professors now would have had the capacity to succeed in the 18th/19th C! One trick ponies didn't do very well.

I'm pretty certain TJ always caveated everything he said, & certainly changed his mind later. He was hardly "virulently" racist for those times, & I'm sure that the man's views today would not be the those of the past, as we're all a product of our upbringing & personal observation.

As everyone hold's their own prejudices, I don't believe that anyone should be victimized, or demonized for them purely for expressing an opinion, rather than acting upon it. I supposed prevailing social mores depend on which way the winds blowing in a particular decade, but witch hunts reflect poorly on the pursuers whatever the case may be.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Common-place: Of Racism and Remembrance

I know you'll read this Crackers.

Here's a taster

"I advance it therefore as a suspicion only, that the blacks, whether originally a distinct race, or made distinct by time and circumstances, are inferior to the whites in the endowments of both body and mind. It is not against experience to suppose, that different species of the same genus, or varieties of the same species, may possess different qualifications. Will not a lover of natural history then, one who views the gradations in all the races of animals with the eye of philosophy, excuse an effort to keep those in the department of man as distinct as nature has formed them? This unfortunate difference of color, and perhaps of faculty, is a powerful obstacle to the emancipation of these people."

It gets worse. No doubt that TJ was the founding father os US racism and continues to be the flag that racists wave.

Last edited:

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay