Church Burrning

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by randompersons87, Nov 3, 2005.

1. randompersons87

randompersons87 New Member

Anyway, this is odd. But i overheard my Sister talking about her two friends "Deja and Jona" and they burnt down a local area church. They also said they were bragging and talking about it at school. They are minors, like 13 years old, 7th graders. So to get to the point, I want to know should I report them or just let it be. What do I do....

2. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    well, nobody likes a snitch ... but that aside, anyone who is openly bragging about having burned down a church is probably full of shit.

3. SUMYUNGUY

SUMYUNGUY New Member

Even if they're not full of shit, if they're bragging about it then it's only a matter of time before they rat themselves out around the wrong people. I think in that age group nothng stays a secret for long and they will certainly get caught if they really did it and questioned by the police even if they didn't.

4. GoneA

Gold Member

Why give them away when you can join them?

5. B_HappyHammer1977

B_HappyHammer1977 New Member

Ask them if they are telling the truth before you do anything. The knowledge that someone close to her knows (should it be true) will be enough guilt for her not to do anything so stupid again. As for reporting her if it's true...well, do you want to see your sister in Juvie?

6. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I know what you did last summer.

7. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

An arsonist is an arsonist. They should be reported.

8. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(randompersons87 &#064; Nov 3 2005, 11&#58;55 PM) [post=358093]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Anyway, this is odd. But i overheard my Sister talking about her two friends "Deja and Jona" and they burnt down a local area church. They also said they were bragging and talking about it at school. They are minors, like 13 years old, 7th graders. So to get to the point, I want to know should I report them or just let it be. What do I do....
    [/b][/quote]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Axex &#064; Nov 4 2005, 07&#58;04 PM) [post=358304]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DC_DEEP &#064; Nov 4 2005, 03&#58;00 PM) [post=358273]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
    An arsonist is an arsonist. They should be reported.
    [/b][/quote]

An arsonist is an arsonist when he/she commits arson&#33; You should report them for the fun of it though...I&#39;d love to see that thread&#33;
    [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m confused... please explain your post to me.

It does not matter if it was a church - a person who gets their thrill burning down buildings has a mental disorder. I don&#39;t know if you are aware of it, but there has been a serial arsonist running loose in the Washington DC area for some time now. People (mostly elderly) have died as a result of this fool&#39;s penchant for starting fires. I&#39;m not sure where the humor is in that. As I said before - no matter if this/these are friends, relatives, it just does not matter - they should be reported and arrested.

9. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think you need to sit mom and dad down before you say much.

You need to have a family discussion, with the TRUTH of what happened.

THEN dependant if it was an accident, purely innocent mistake, then thats one thing.

BUT, if its "Because we were bored", then I agree with DC... theres a mental disorder that needs to be tended to.

You&#39;d better work quickly, find an attorney, and a therapist.

10. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Uh, how the fuck do you accidentally burn down a church that you are later bragging about? Bragging aside, honestly, how could you accidentally burn down a building you didn&#39;t occupy? I can understand the accidents of "I forgot and left a candle burning" or "I fell asleep while I was frying some chicken" or something like that.

11. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    How do you know that someone else didnt start it, and the rest are laughing about it saying
    ha ha...Julie burned the church down when she was screwing around

Kids today are alot different today. If they didn&#39;t do it...they laugh about it.
    I don&#39;t think they realize how serious it is yet....but soon they will.

Is it right? Of Course not.
    One old rant of mine: "Where the hell are the parents?"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DC_DEEP &#064; Nov 6 2005, 05&#58;45 PM) [post=358686]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Uh, how the fuck do you accidentally burn down a church that you are later bragging about? Bragging aside, honestly, how could you accidentally burn down a building you didn&#39;t occupy? I can understand the accidents of "I forgot and left a candle burning" or "I fell asleep while I was frying some chicken" or something like that.
    [/b][/quote]

12. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east &#039;neath the willow tree? Sex
    shit guys, it&#39;s only a fucking church

13. randompersons87

randompersons87 New Member

Let me say something, my sister did NOT burn down the church. It was her friends from school, she was at home when the church was burned down. And the accident, well the two kids threw fireworks and stuff through a window, they were just being stupid and it became much bigger.

14. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr Rock &#064; Nov 6 2005, 09&#58;40 PM) [post=358732]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
    shit guys, it&#39;s only a fucking church
    [/b][/quote]
    Your arrogance is getting in the way of your intellect, Doc. Your opinion of what goes on inside the building is of no consequence. The point is that it was a building, and did not belong to the persons who burned it down. Simply being a church does not give anyone free reign to burn down another person&#39;s property. "Shit, guys, it&#39;s only Dr Rock&#39;s house. It&#39;s okay to burn it down." That makes no sense whatsoever.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(randompersons87 &#064; Nov 6 2005, 10&#58;30 PM) [post=358750]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Let me say something, my sister did NOT burn down the church. It was her friends from school, she was at home when the church was burned down. And the accident, well the two kids threw fireworks and stuff through a window, they were just being stupid and it became much bigger.
    [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s not an issue of whether it was your sister or not. Someone who would put burning fireworks into a window has some serious mental health problems. It is not just stupid, it is criminal. If they don&#39;t know that putting fireworks in a building can start a fire, they certainly are not someone who needs to be out on the streets.

15. Dr Rock

Gold Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DC_DEEP &#064; Nov 7 2005, 03&#58;19 PM) [post=358909]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>Your arrogance is getting in the way of your intellect, Doc.[/b][/quote]
    yeah, i get that a lot. i find that my arrogance usually knows best anyways.

16. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr Rock &#064; Nov 7 2005, 12&#58;10 PM) [post=358918]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DC_DEEP &#064; Nov 7 2005, 03&#58;19 PM) [post=358909]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>Your arrogance is getting in the way of your intellect, Doc.[/b][/quote]
    yeah, i get that a lot. i find that my arrogance usually knows best anyways.
    [/b][/quote]
    Would your response have been the same if the original poster had said it was her grandma&#39;s house, instead of a church?

17. Dr Rock

Gold Member

no, but then most grandmas seem to keep more valuable possessions in their houses than a few benches and an altar [​IMG]

18. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr Rock &#064; Nov 7 2005, 04&#58;15 PM) [post=358952]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
    no, but then most grandmas seem to keep more valuable possessions in their houses than a few benches and an altar [​IMG]
    [/b][/quote]
    If they have any valuables, yes.
    My point is still that you are confusing the religion with the property. The church building is not the religion, it is a building. I&#39;m sorry that you have such deep-seated issues with religion, but that does not change the fact that a couple of kids burned down a building. Your apparent idea that it&#39;s ok because it&#39;s only a fucking church is no different than people who have issues with abortion saying it&#39;s ok to bomb or burn down clinics whose practices they disagree with.

19. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr Rock &#064; Nov 7 2005, 03&#58;15 PM) [post=358952]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
    [/b][/quote]

So do churches of many denominations. Go into a Catholic cathedral and see the gold chalices, patens and monstrances and centuries-old paintings and gilded statues, and marble architectural pieces, and tell me that your friends&#39; grandmas have more valuable possessions in their houses. Maybe your friends&#39; grandmas are Rothschilds, Rockefellers, Vanderbilts, or Carnegies; somehow, I doubt it.

Beyond that, burning down any building is negligible vandalism at best.

20. Dude!

Dude! New Member

I can&#39;t believe how annoying Dr. Rock is. I mean, he&#39;s really, really annoying&#33; Bah&#33;

Draft saved Draft deleted