CIA Lawyer: Obama endorsed nearly all Bush programs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MercyfulFate, Sep 1, 2011.

1. MercyfulFate

MercyfulFate New Member

Albums:
  2. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    'Disgusting"?

What's unpalatable is that someone would accept, wholesale, the rather vague and unsubstantiated statements of a Cheney crony who is clearly out to diss Obama.

3. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    IMO, anyone who defines torture as an "interrogation program" clearly isn't punting for reality-based thought. I read the link in its entirety and read more comments than I prolly shoulda, and it reads like a Scud missile from BHO's left.

A word to the wise from someone who voted for Clinton in 1992: the ship of state does not turn on a dime, for better or worse. Barry fucking Frank ultimately voted for DADT in 1993.

4. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

Without this piece, President Obama's actions, or lack thereof, speak pretty loudly on the matter. Like Mr. Obama has shown, I doubt another outside candidate would change streams - these activities are viewed as a vital part of America's "successful" anti-terror policy.

Until something really distasteful or Nixonsh occurs, rendition and torture, illegal domestic surveillance, sneak and peek, Guantanamo, etc. are here to stay. Beyond Obama, American's, both media and average citizens, really need to examine their silence on the issue after the 2008 election - where, I guess content only with the promise of change, reporting and protesting against this behavior fell of a cliff.

#4 D_Fiona_Farvel, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  5. MercyfulFate

MercyfulFate New Member

Albums:
    It's a well known fact before this guy ever said anything, it just makes it easier to understand.

6. B_enzia35

B_enzia35 New Member

But but but, I thought Obama was gonna change the failed policies of the past!

Draft saved Draft deleted