CIC contrast from armed forces

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_starinvestor, Feb 18, 2010.

1. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

YouTube - Different Presidents, A Different Corps

Attached shows footage of responses/welcome by military personnel to former CIC, GWB, and current CIC, BHO.

There is an interesting contrast in how each is welcomed into the room. The reporter from CNN at the conclusion of the Obama part of the clip even makes reference to the somewhat chilly/obtuse reaction to BHO.

It begs the question - how was/is GWB regarding among military personnel; and how is BHO regarded? And - why does there seem to be a great deal of enthusiasm for GWB and none for BHO?

This is particularly intriguing given that the popular suggestion/denominator of this site is that we shouldn't even be at war. If that were indeed true, why would the very soldiers that are in harm's way enthusiastically receiving Bush; but hardly even show a reaction to Obama.

My guess is that Obama voted against the surge; promised Americans an early withdrawal; and then began flip-flopping on strategy - and generally hasn't shown any leadership or conviction [with any consistency] to the men and women of the military.

It would seem a difficult task to ask a young man or woman to sacrifice their life when the prevailing sentiment is not a favorable one throughout the military concerning their own CIC.

2. maxcok

Gold Member

........:sleeping:

3. justasimpleguy

justasimpleguy Active Member

Albums:
    I think this says alot more about the Marines than it does about Obama. There's a reason they're called jarheads.

4. maxcok

Gold Member

Totally different venues and context. Selective video. Nothing to see here. Moving on.

.....:sleeping:

Let's not paint all Marines with the same brush. I've known some smart ones. I'm generally glad they're around.

#4 maxcok, Feb 19, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  5. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

When GWB was in office and the war started, people were more motivated to defend our country since the 9/11 attacks were so close in chronological proximity. After 7 years (more than 2100 days since it was "Missioned Accomplished"), we all found out that we were lead to war under false pretenses and that our country secretly endorsed torture. That would take the enthusiasm out of any humanitarian... regardless if you think they're a "real American" or not.

There's only so much our beloved negro President can do. Even he can't completely reverse the moods of people who were brought out to a foreign country to risk their lives for a cause based on fabrications. :rolleyes:

6. B_starinvestor

I guess that violating a dozen+ UN sanctions was a non-issue?

Enhanced interrogation is the only way to deal with terrorists. I'm sorry, but bleeding-heart libs are not the resource to consult in war strategy.

If bleeding heart libs ran our foreign policy, we would still be a colony of Britain.

We love our libs but let's be realistic.

#6 B_starinvestor, Feb 19, 2010
  7. justasimpleguy

justasimpleguy Active Member

Albums:
    Actually there has been every indication from people who still practice actual journalism and ask hard questions that TORTURE i.e. "enhanced interrogation" is a fantastic recruiting tool for Islamic militants railing against the corruption and hypocrisy of the "great Satan," the US of A.

Also, Bush calling the "War on Terror" a "crusade" was a big fucking mistake. And the contingent of zealots in our armed forces isn't helping either. Here is one particularly horrible story on the topic:

Jesus killed Mohammed: The crusade for a Christian military?By Jeff Sharlet (Harper's Magazine)

8. Sergeant_Torpedo

Gold Member

Don't worry about it feller; they're all still pissing in the same pot.

9. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

#9 B_VinylBoy, Feb 19, 2010
  10. B_starinvestor

I'm not paranoid at all. These are brainwashed psychos - you can not extrapolate information from them without inflicting pain.

Many here would appreciate if you stopped using broad generalizations to classify 100 million+ people into one camp. Prepare to go to school:

*More banks fail than insurance companies
    *There are multiple lines of insurance, not all insurance companies are involved in health insurance
    *Stop insisting that repubs are blocking everything; they blocked that piece of shit healthcare bill
    *Both parties are corrupt and foolish, stop insisting that only republicans create problems
    *stop being a complete asshole

The fact that you even suggest that Pelosi isn't an evil bitch with corrupt scruples and disgusting ethics says alot about you.

I don't care what color he is, he is a fucking asshole of galactic proportions who has no business being in that position, and is singlehandedly fucking the entire country.

Funny that someone that exists in a fantasy world wants to discuss reality.

11. maxcok

Gold Member

Former President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney have long claimed that "a great many" terrorist plots had been foiled by Bush administration's torture policies (they called them “aggressive interrogation" techniques). But a March 29 Washington Post story reveals that the torture of Abu Zubaida, touted by the ex-president as an intelligence treasure-trove, failed to foil a single terror plot and turned up scores of false leads.

Not One Terrorist Plot Foiled by Torture of Abu Zubaida- The New American

Mirror, mirror, on the wall . . .

12. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Bullshit. It has already been proven that you can. The "panty bomber" has been spilling his guts without the use of torture once. And BTW, the line I underlined clearly indicates your cranial imbalance on the subject matter. Get help. Mohammed doesn't want to hurt you. :rolleyes:

You do that ALL THE TIME with liberals, poor people, or anyone who live in the "ghetto". Please, hypocrite. Spare me your phony-ass morality. :rolleyes:

Thank you, Mr. Obvious. That bit of info wouldn't even qualify as a $100 level question on Millionaire. :rolleyes:

You're such a genius... :rolleyes:

They filibustered more than 120 pieces of legislation and threatened to use it on more than 80% of bills presented in Congress. I don't have to insist... THEY ARE.

Did you ignore this line of text that I wrote:
    Even if some Democrats can be just as hypocritical and greedy (and we saw that in 2009 in the Senate), right now the current opposition is REALLY causing problems just to "win back seats" in 2010 and 2012.

Thanks for proving you didn't read my entire statement. What's worse, is that you quoted the damn thing so there's really no excuses here.

From you, I'll take that as a compliment.
    Because in all honesty, you have no idea just how many people think you're a fuckin' prick. But carry on.

No, Wilbur...
    I can admit that politicians are corrupt, without scruple and cannot be trusted. You, on the other hand, have a rabid disdain for Pelosi which is on par with your paranoia towards Muslims. Seek help.

Seriously star, just get it out of your system already. Call the man a "stupid nigger" and get it the fuck over with. :mad:

I'm sick of you twinkle-toying around the situation, acting as if your utter detest for this man is actually warranted in any shape or form. Your "hate" for this man is unnatural... going FAR beyond the usual distrust or anger most people have towards politicians. As much as I disliked Cheney & Bush, even I didn't start hundreds of anger threads, looking at every possible way to lash out at those who I don't agree with in government.

Get some muthafuckin' help... you need it.

Life is a infinite aggregation of puzzle pieces. When they connect together, it forms your reality. Only a fool would reject one, just because they can't, or won't, find a way to fit it with the ones they already interlocked.

Don't get mad if I know what your "reality" is like and you somehow can't come to grips with mine. Like I told Trinsanity before I put her on permanent ignore, I spent enough time being the only dark spot in Whitopia to know how this shit works. I've been able to pick up the signs since I was 6 years of age. You're not saying or doing anything I haven't had to deal with before. And until you are willing to be honest with yourself, instead of playing this bullshit game of "partisan politics" and blaming everyone who doesn't live and breath all of your ideologies as being the enemy, you'll ALWAYS be trapped in your own distorted, sectarian reality.

#12 B_VinylBoy, Feb 20, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  13. B_starinvestor

I don't think Obama is 'stupid.' I think he is a bonafide liar and intentionally misinforms the public - moreso than any of his predecessors. I know/acknowledge that Bush was a poor president also.

The second half of your little phrase - I will not dignify with a response.

Obama has the potential and the characteristics of a man that could be an excellent leader. I don't know what has led him down the path that he has chosen. Perhaps insecurities, perhaps powers he must answer to or appease? Perhaps a combination of his inexperience and the foolish expectations he set for himself. I don't know. It is terribly frustrating - whatever it is.

14. maxcok

Gold Member

Yet you maintain that Bush was a better president. This tells me everything I need to know about your level of objectivity and your agenda.(*)

I knew Shrub was a puppet president and an idiot from the get go. Still I was willing to suspend disbelief and give him a chance to prove himself. Boy, did he ever!

And so he is. And he has the potential to be a great leader, if only people like you and your NeoCon masters would stop trying to cut him off at the knees every time he tries to take a step forward. Further damaging the country in the process.

Oh go ahead. Be honest for once.

(*) This cements your level of objectivity and your agenda:
    (unequivocally)

* Worse than Sister Sarah? Worse than 'Baby Doc' Duvalier? Worse than . . . . the list is, well endless. Not only are you a rabid NeoCon, entirely lacking in any objectivity, you are clearly insane.

#14 maxcok, Feb 21, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  15. B_starinvestor

It isn't a question of better. It is a question of extremes of bad.

Actually, up until late 2007 things were perceived as pretty good. He set a record for jobs growth from '01 to '07. Like most, you are taking the last year and suggesting that all 8 years were equally miserable and deplorable. No one was bitching about Bush in '01 and '02, so lets not go about portraying ourselves as visionary and patient.

Trying to prevent him from taking more steps backwards.

Its funny that you use the term 'neocon' like a swear word. It seems that the true neocon ideology would be fairly in line with your beliefs. It is one that hopes to spread democracy, believes in free markets - but with controls, and the existence of gov't assistance/welfare programs.

What exactly is it that is so offensive to you about 'neocons?'

16. maxcok

Gold Member

#16 maxcok, Feb 21, 2010
  17. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Lie of the decade. :rolleyes:

You say this multiple times, in various forms, everyday, as if anyone here doesn't understand. We get it already. Got anything else to say or mention that isn't complete an/or utter contempt for Obama, Pelosi, "liberal agendas", poor people or anything anti-corporation? Or is this the only thing you'll be spouting from now until 2012 (or 2016)?

So? I even acknowledge that Bush was a horrible president. And it's not because he's Republican or a "neocon". It's because he screwed up badly.

That's because you know it's true whether you're willing to admit it or not. Please don't fool yourself because none of us are.

How quickly does one backpedal when someone gets a little too close to comfort to your real feelings? But don't worry... I'll refrain from getting too "realistic" on you for now. And BTW, I thought you said you didn't call Obama "stupid"? Re-read the bolded and find out why that sentence proves you to being a liar again.

18. maxcok

Gold Member

Is this close enough for you:
    Bolded by maxcok, capitalized by starpoop

(You can thank me later, VB.)

#18 maxcok, Feb 21, 2010
  19. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

The assist is always appreciated Sir Maximus of the Cockus.

20. maxcok

Gold Member

Always more than happy to oblige, my friend.

(Now don't make me blush.)

Draft saved Draft deleted