Cincinnati Tea Party

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We will be having a Cincinnati Tea Party tomorrow on Fountain Square starting at 3:00. I'll be there, of course. PM me if you are coming. Greater Cinti airport is only about 15 minutes from Fountain Square. I'd be happy to arrange transportation for anyone flying in. I've got a limo picking up Nick8 and Willtom at 2:00 outside Concourse B.

http://www.cincinnatiteaparty.org/index.htm

Harold Zieger will be speaking. He was raised in Communist East Germany in the 50's. He says that Obama's policies and agenda are very similar to that of the communist government in which he was raised.

After-party at my house with booze, music, bumper stickers, pins, etc. Probably won't open the pool, its still a little chilly here.

Last edited:

pym

Just Browsing
Media
Sorry Festor......but i was invited to pick out the last vestiges of America's self respect from Dick Cheney's ass on the same date.
Pick'in Dicks ass sounds WAaaaaaaaaaY more fun.
But you have fun trashing AMERICA anyway.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry Festor......but i was invited to pick out the last vestiges of America's self respect from Dick Cheney's ass on the same date.
Pick'in Dicks ass sounds WAaaaaaaaaaY more fun.
But you have fun trashing AMERICA anyway.

Hope the room's big enough for two assholes.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
We will be having a Cincinnati Tea Party tomorrow on Fountain Square starting at 3:00.

Look, Star, a "tea" party, in this sense, is supposed to be about taxation without representation.

You HAVE representation.
In fact, for nigh onto 28 years your "representation" has pretty much had their way in regards to their "free market" deregulation and decimation of government oversight of commerce.

And the result has been the devastation of the markets worldwide, the decay of U.S strength, prestige and infrastructure, the bankrupting of nearly every State, and the concentration of public wealth into the hands of less that 1% of the population. ( and BTW- YOU ain't in that 1%, pal )

Currenlty, your representatives are too busy licking the dingleberries off Rush Limbaugh's ass to bother to come up with any actual PLAN that is not merely the same plan that the Majority of Americans can clearly see caused this disaster.

So, sorry... a Tea party is, as with most conservative thinking, the WRONG idea applied to the WRONG circumstances, and a flagrant display of total ignorance of political history.

The original patriots were NOT complaining about taxation... they were complaining about the fact that the colonies had no SAY in the Crown's deliberation on taxation.

You sad, misguided, politically ignorant conservatives have HAD your say...

And your ideas proved wrong, both practically, and morally.

Conservative ideology is as ethically corrupt as every vile, inhumane, and cruel word that spews from Limbaugh's mouth.

Time you elitist SOB's sat yourselves down and started thinking about making amends to the American people.

Collectively, we have the power to gitmo the lot of ya.

Because, y'know... democracy is the rule of the majority... and thanks to the ideology you jerks have forwarded... the majority of Americans are hurting right now.

Last edited:

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
From that site:

Those people made bad decisions and they deserve to suffer the consequences.

Problem is, so many of those people made bad decisions that all of us will suffer the consequences if they're all allowed to go belly-up.

Should the President and Congress sit idly by while the fundamentals of our economy fall apart because they allow "those people" to suffer the consequences?

It's basically a no-win situation for whoever's in office. That's why these things are all rhetorical nonsense.

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
Wow. Sounds like a blast, starman. And an "after-party" at your house? With music, booze and bumper stickers? I'm ready to kick me some butt.

Of course, you'll have to help direct me in. You're still in the middle of flyover country, right? I've flown between coasts before but have never been dropped off near the middle (I'm allergic to mormons, hicks, Grand Ole Oprys, Bible Belts, shooting ranges, Sarah Palin rallies, honkytonks, "Creation" museums and mega-churches).

Ok. Let's see... where to start?.... Your Cincinnati Tea Party link informs me that:

"Most of us do things the right way. We go to school, get a job, work hard, raise a family, build a home. Our government takes an ever increasing share of the money we earned, and wastes it on every pet project under the sun. The "stimulus" bill and the mortgage bailout are the final straw."

This sounds like the kind of place where people show up drinking beers and saying Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh are "great americans" (the kind of people who secretly believe Barack Obama was educated as a radical muslim in a "madrassa").

Oh, look! Look what I found online:

--------------------

GOP leader gives critics $75M target

Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell has more than $75 million worth of earmarks in the omnibus spending bill, offering a tempting target to Democrats looking to score political points. The projects put McConnell (Ky.) in something of an awkward position, as he is now the de facto leader of the Republican Party, which has made earmarks a symbol of wasteful spending in Washington.

--------------------

Look, star! Mitch McConnell, the Minority leader, the top-ranking republican in the 110th Congress stuffed 53 pork-laden projects into the omnibus bill! Gee. And then republicans started this whole "democrats/earmarks" thing... --- And you're always attacking Nancy Pelosi and "democratic spending"! I'm very confused here... You've never uttered a word about republican earmarks and hypocrisy.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
"Most of us do things the right way. We go to school, get a job, work hard, raise a family, build a home. Our government takes an ever increasing share of the money we earned, and wastes it on every pet project under the sun. The "stimulus" bill and the mortgage bailout are the final straw."

Apparently every pet project under the sun amounts to less than 2% of the stimulus package, by the way.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Are you going to put on war paint and go as Hiawatha (Sitting Bull may be more fitting). Star? So the feds won't know who you are?

I think you all should do a 21st century version. Disguise yourselves as illegal wetbacks and dump your low-fat double mochachinos in the fountain.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Wow. Sounds like a blast, starman. And an "after-party" at your house? With music, booze and bumper stickers? I'm ready to kick me some butt.

Of course, you'll have to help direct me in. You're still in the middle of flyover country, right? I've flown between coasts before but have never been dropped off near the middle (I'm allergic to mormons, hicks, Grand Ole Oprys, Bible Belts, shooting ranges, Sarah Palin rallies, honkytonks, "Creation" museums and mega-churches).

He lives in a place that veers dangerously close to Deliverance Country. I'm frightened, Will. Frightened, I tell you.

Elmer Gantry

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Interesting.

The fact that a bunch of burb dwellers are coming out to make a noise says a lot about the current health of the nation.

And the fact that another bunch of burb dwellers is prepared to shoot down the aforementioned burb dwellers ideas (even if some of them offer some merit) says a lot about national disunity.

:popcorn:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"Most of us do things the right way. We go to school, get a job, work hard, raise a family, build a home. Our government takes an ever increasing share of the money we earned,and wastes it on every pet project under the sun. The "stimulus" bill and the mortgage bailout are the final straw."

Apparently every pet project under the sun amounts to less than 2% of the stimulus package, by the way.

Guy, if you just take one piece of pork - the community activist programs such as ACORN get $4 billion.

That's over 4%; and thats just one piece of the garbage.

Even more interesting, the WSJ estimates that only 12% of the entire bill can be considered growth stimulus.

The other 88% is lard.

Hope to see you in the Queen City tomorrow.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell has more than $75 million worth of earmarks in the omnibus spending bill, offering a tempting target to Democrats looking to score political points. The projects put McConnell (Ky.) in something of an awkward position, as he is now the de facto leader of the Republican Party, which has made earmarks a symbol of wasteful spending in Washington.

--------------------

Look, star! Mitch McConnell, the Minority leader, the top-ranking republican in the 110th Congress stuffed 53 pork-laden projects into the omnibus bill! Gee. And then republicans started this whole "democrats/earmarks" thing... --- And you're always attacking Nancy Pelosi and "democratic spending"! I'm very confused here... You've never uttered a word about republican earmarks and hypocrisy.

I agree - its bullshit that McConnell jammed that garbage into the bill.

BTW, I think you've mistaken me as a diehard Republican. I'm not. I just hate them a helluva lot less than I do the Democrats.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The WSJ is the CNBC of newspapers. All the things Jon Stewart said about CNBC can be applied to the WSJ.

F...ing cheerleaders.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Have to say Star, it looks more like a "No Party," rather than a Tea Party. What is the tea symbolism supposed to mean, since you do have representation?

Taxation without representation blah blah blah. The protest in Boston was due to the filthy gov't adding giant tariffs on tea and disallowing the import of tea from other areas at 1/6 the cost. They were protesting a bullshit gov't regulation.

The Cinti tea party is protesting the disgusting, expansive growth of government and reprehensible spending by Congress.

Wanna come?

sparky11point5

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
As a counter protest tomorrow Star, I will walk over the Fort Point channel (close enough to where the real Tea Party occurred) and think about the genuine heroes of 1773. These were men that put narrow self interest aside to assert their rights. Many were successful merchants, tradesmen, or farmers who profited from the colonial system and were well-respected members of Massachusetts society. Yet, they risked it all to be able to govern themselves.

I don't believe that these men would kick and whine like you and other conservatives do about others in our society. You and people such as Rick Santelli always seek to blame the 'predatory borrowers' or foreclosed 'losers'. You benefit from the roads, bridges, airports, and other investments made by our government, but you abhor any investment in people. I don't believe that these men would think twice about what was important for the *commonwealth*.

I think you dishonor these patriots with petty, selfish issues in their name.