Cincinnati Tea Party

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Taxation without representation blah blah blah. The protest in Boston was due to the filthy gov't adding giant tariffs on tea and disallowing the import of tea from other areas at 1/6 the cost. They were protesting a bullshit gov't regulation.

The Cinti tea party is protesting the disgusting, expansive growth of government and reprehensible spending by Congress.

Wanna come?

Wrong, yet again.

The TEA regulation was not the issue- it was the fact that the colonies were TAXED and then FORCED to pay that tax by preventing them from evading that tax.

The issue that precipitated the revolution was the refusal of the Crown to allow representatives of the colonies to be seated in Parliament.

But I would absolutely EXPECT a mindless conservative to imagine that the issue was the regulation of the Tea trade... as opposed to the the larger political issue at stake.

If you really want to know what they were up to... try looking into the writings and other agitating activites of the men who planned and executed the tea party.

And yet... on another level... leave it to conservatives to raise a raucous cry over 'regulation' when every single economist in the world points to De-regulation as the genesis of the current economic catastrophe.

How totally inept and out of touch does your ideology have to get to suggest that the solution to losing control of the car is to disable the brakes?

Try this... the same law and order rhetoric of the far right concerning violent crime might work as effective against white collar crime?

And my answer to any "investor/speculator" whining about the end of being able to SCAM money for doing nothing.... is to tell them that day of making money by hoodwinking it out of the pockets of others is over...

You wanna get rich? shut the fuck up, roll up your sleeves, and get to fucking work.
Invent something, build something, employ someone.
Create real value instead of hyping imaginary value and hoping you aren't the one without a seat when the music stops.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As a counter protest tomorrow Star, I will walk over the Fort Point channel (close enough to where the real Tea Party occurred) and think about the genuine heroes of 1773. These were men that put narrow self interest aside to assert their rights. Many were successful merchants, tradesmen, or farmers who profited from the colonial system and were well-respected members of Massachusetts society. Yet, they risked it all to be able to govern themselves.

I don't believe that these men would kick and whine like you and other conservatives do about others in our society. You and people such as Rick Santelli always seek to blame the 'predatory borrowers' or foreclosed 'losers'. You benefit from the roads, bridges, airports, and other investments made by our government, but you abhor any investment in people. I don't believe that these men would think twice about what was important for the *commonwealth*.

I think you dishonor these patriots with petty, selfish issues in their name.

Green golf carts, Sparky.

Do you think those Bostonians sacrificed all so that they could have a government that took their earnings for green golf carts?

I know that infrastructure, defense, etc., are necessary. Green golf carts and heated swimming pools are not items that I want my government spending my money on.

D_Tully Tunnelrat

Experimental Member
Media
I know that infrastructure, defense, etc., are necessary. Green golf carts and heated swimming pools are not items that I want my government spending my money on.

Star the point is that it is our government. Not yours, or mine.

The enemy is omnibus spending bills, self-dealing politicians, bloated defense spending, convoluted tax policies, elevated rights of lobbyists, and poor regulation of the essential tenants to fair play for all in our economic system.

Throw a party to change those issues and I'll venture to the "Star-City."

D_chris anthemum

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Bottom line, people (liberals, conservatives, neutrals), is the bigger the government gets the worse off we are. We are screwing future generations with our spending of the last 5 decades. Nobody can spend their way to a better life without a dollar in the bank. Not a single person, or an entire country can get better by billing it all on credit and filing away the bill.

Look in the news! CHINA is worried about the future value of their investments with us!!! What kind of sad country have we become?

The rediculous retail expansion of the late 90s and till last fall was POOR PLANNING on our entire society. Spend! Spend! Spend! Every cashier at every store asks you if you want their charge card. Credit this and credit that!

Whatever happened to saving up enough then buying. Delayed gratification is ALWAYS better, in every definition..

Those that were stupid enough (YES, I am calling some Americans MORONS) to take out home loans that had balloon payments, high interest, were from unreputable banks.. they need a slap in the face. No matter who is offering you snake oil, it is YOU that signed the dotted line.

Personal responsibility is something that has gotten lost in our society, with more and more looking to their federal governemnt to save them from their own mistakes.

Those that have legitimately lost their income and must sell or forclose, I pray for, but in the end it is time for them to go back to being renters. Just a fact of life.

Companies that mismanaged money and had sketchy practices that were "too big to fail" should have been allowed to fall. I and all of you should be willing to shoulder some pain just to see a greedy company fall flat on its face, and disappear into oblivion.

Now a days the only way public officials get elected any more is if they can offer their constituents even bigger pieces of the pie. This goes for all breeds of public official.

Each and every one of us needs a slap on the face to see the light. Someday that national debt is going to come back and kick us all. Right now your share of the public debt is $35K, growing every day we spend more than we should.

It is not impossible to end this half century of spending. It will take massive cuts in federal spending, starting with entitlements. It will require people to realize that their "government check" doesn't exist anymore, and they may have to find another way. The taxpayer shouldn't have their money funneled to a neighbor who made poor choices.

Decentralizing government will be the plan. States, counties, townships, and cities will re-gain the authority they once had early in our country's history. What California needs to do doesn't necessarily apply in Ohio. Remember, we are the United States of America.. NOT just America. Just like you choose a stae to live in because the people there are similar to you and have similar values and causes. How rediculous would it be if we were just one big country. There are reasons I choose not to live in certain states, and that is why states need to fight the federal system to take back control of their own territory.

The federal government will never voluntarily get smaller. It will take years of wise voting to get people into offices that will actually make some real changes. I'm not talking about Obama. "Change we can believe in" what a joke.

Change we can believe in starts at home, not force fed from above.

Did you realize there were a lot more than two people running for president? It is OK to vote for someone you didn't see on TV. You may have to (gasp!) even write in the candidates name. Not just for the presidency.. We must sweep out the old (Ted Kennedy comes to mind) and replace them with people who may not have a hsitory in politics, and therefore has no history of public corruption.. and only has the goal of doing what's good for the country, not what will earn him extra stuff.

Well I'm all riled up now and feel like punching a liberal with my conservative fist.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
packin83: Your post didn't come across as a conservative rant to me. I'm confident a great number of liberals agree with almost every word you wrote.

One of my favorite pork barrel ear marks was the continuous attempt by a Republican Senator (forgive me for not remembering the State, Wisconsin?) to wring several million out of the annual budget every year to build and fund a memorial for Lawrence Welk.

And a one, and a two, and a three . . . .

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The WSJ is the CNBC of newspapers. All the things Jon Stewart said about CNBC can be applied to the WSJ.

F...ing cheerleaders.

I'm sure it appears that way to a liberal. However, the journalists/reporters/anchors for both CNBC and WSJ have business/economics backgrounds, many were former financial professionals.

The training and real-world experience of finance/economics provides most peeps in that industry with knowledge relating to what works and what doesn't.

A great majority of those with knowledge and experience in business (i.e. Jack Welch) know that the majority of the stimulus bill is anything but stimulus. If viewers/readers aren't interested in listening to the financial experts, they wouldn't watch/read.

That bill is royally f'ed up, and even a silver-tongued, ultra-popular President can't hide that fact.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hanging out with a bunch of white, pseudo-middle class alcoholics? Sorry, but I think I need to turn on my self-cleaning oven or wash my hair. Too bad for me.

yes, indeedy

I am so sure a double belt of good single malt would have you puking your lily white guts up. Your such a daisy. SIiiiiiiilllllllllly BOY.

oh, wow!

my favorite psych-discharged swabbie, chiming in

dude, you know that I could drink your ass under the table, any day (even if you weren't on those psych meds :tongue:)

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I barely have enough room in the back of my vehicle for all of these signs:

220 Years to Build the Republic, 1 Month to Destroy It
Andrew Jackson was Right: No to Bank Nationalization
Cut Taxes, Not Deals
Don’t Mortgage the Future
DOWNSIZE D.C.!
Free Markets not Free Loaders
Government’s first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
Help me Mr. Obama, they want me to work and stuff!
Hey Government, stop dumping your incompetence on my kids
Hope and Change = Tax and Spend
It’s Noon, do you know where your wallet is?
Join Our Cause: Restore the Republic
Netizen Warriors, Not Dependent Whiners
Next Time, Read the Bill Before You Sign It
No Public Money for Private Failure
No Spending Without Deliberation
No Spending Without Deliberative Representation
NO TAXATION FOR REAMORTIZATION!

So far, 10,000+ expected....concerned Americans.

pym

Just Browsing
Media
yes, indeedy

oh, wow!

my favorite psych-discharged swabbie, chiming in

dude, you know that I could drink your ass under the table, any day (even if you weren't on those psych meds :tongue:)

HEY EVERYBODY!!!! IT's NICK!.....The Avaraciously Republican Gay Guy!! YIPPEEEEE!:wave:Hi!!!!!!,you silly savage you! You are one sick deluded fuck. You are actually calling me out on my Military discharge status.........WOW! NICK..........please tell us about your military service to our country, PLEASE! Giving fantasy hand-jobs to US NAVY sailors does NOT count SWEETIE.:adam4: You can't afford my brand of Drink.
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll166/dodgeone_2008/IMG_2147.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll166/dodgeone_2008/IMG_2146.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll166/dodgeone_2008/IMG_2145.jpg
ASS-CLOWN
PYM
THE HONORABLY DISCHARGED NAVY VETERAN 1980-1984
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll166/dodgeone_2008/IMG_2148.jpg

pym

Just Browsing
Media
I've not had Bookers in ages. I substituted Bakers once, but found it a tad too ... enthusiastic (at least to start with).
Those are just the whiskies.
Bookers is a good drop.....but bourbons are a little too sweet for me anymore. I'm an Irish drinker these days. I also like Glenlivet very much too.

SO Nick......what do you fantasy drink? Show us your dads HOOCH cabinet!

pym

Just Browsing
Media
Careful who you're calling names, pym.

Nick8 :wink:

Sorry Nick8.......no offense to other than NICK4444 intended. I do not back down from an insult. And in a battle of wits.....poor Nick4444 is fighting un-armed. AS USUAL.