Circ thread obsessors

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I don't understand what you're saying, sorry. I think the use of "mutilation" is douchey. The OP, as far as I can tell, wasn't complaining about douchiness, arrogance or hyperbole. It was dismissing anyone who has a preference on the issue ("you're just making shit up to be irritated about.") I may misunderstand SilverTrain. I hope so because, verbiage notwithstanding, that's pretty much the same "people who care about different things than I do are deluded" stuff that you're now (validly) attacking. And I think that's extremely dismissive of the sane, respectful people with preferences, who greatly outnumber the zealots.

Actually, it seems like you did understand.

My point having been that asking for civility in a "discussion" of circumcision on a forum like this one is like pissing into the wind and asking not to get wet.

Given that I just noticed you were the last post in a DIFFERENT circ thread and looking at your history that is littered with posts in circ threads... Well, son, I think you may well be a little obsessed yourself. And therefore, I would question how unbiased you are towards the whole issue. You're offended that SilverTrain dismisses people who "have a preference on the issue" because that's you. You want to think you have a good reason to care so much about your own foreskin. You don't want to think you have some kind of mental issue for being that way.

I can understand that. But let's not have you pretend that you're speaking from a place of unbiased wisdom.

Last edited:

D_Miranda_Wrights

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Actually, it seems like you did understand.

My point having been that asking for civility in a "discussion" of circumcision on a forum like this one is like pissing into the wind and asking not to get wet.

No disagreement from me. That's exactly why I think it's counterproductive to give attention to uncivil or crazy people...which is exactly why this thread does, seemingly ignoring the sane, civil people with preferences.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
No disagreement from me. That's exactly why I think it's counterproductive to give attention to uncivil or crazy people...which is exactly why this thread does, seemingly ignoring the sane, civil people with preferences.
If you're a "sane, civil person with preferences" rather than a person obsessed with his own foreskin to the point of posting about it on a public forum all the time, then this thread isn't about you anyway.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Some guys are traumatised, but spare a thought for the poor persons (me!), who are transfixed by certain "modified" members.

I've never had the pleasure of a cut penis, but I have my eye on one in particular. Whom should I sue?

It appears we should discuss contributions to my legal fees fund. The movement has a cash requirement for certain, but there is also an urgent need for certain services to be rendered.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
And therefore, I would question how unbiased you are towards the whole issue.

What owner of a penis isn't biased in some way on this issue? I'm in the camp that went from one point of view on this (that circ seems reasonable and probably a good idea) to having a strong opinion that it's detrimental in certain specific ways (yet neither here nor there in others) and shouldn't be done to healthy children in any event.

Anyway, the trend is most certainly away from infant and childhood circumcision in countries where the concepts of autonomy and personal rights, even of children, are gaining ground.

Swedish doctors appear to have come to a difficult decision recently, difficult because of the growing Muslim minority that customarily circumcises their sons. The issue has been controversial in recent years ever since the main medical association in Sweden identified childhood circumcision as a surgery a while back and called for appropriate anaesthesia and only qualified medical medical practitioners to do them. This week they've gone a significant step further. A Swedish news agency (TT) reports:

Circumcision of young boys for religious and non-medical reasons ought to be banned in Sweden, urged the Swedish Paediatric Society (Svenska barnläkarföreningen, BLF).

In a statement submitted to the National Board of Health and Welfare (Socialstyrelsen), the Society called the procedure an assault.

"We consider it to be an assault on these boys," Staffan Janson, chairman of BLF's committee for ethical issues and childrens' rights, said to newspaper Göteborgs-Posten (GP).

Removing small boys' foreskin for reasons other than medical is controversial in Sweden. After discussing the matter for several years, BLF has now concluded that the procedure ought to be banned on the grounds that the children are unable to form a decision in the matter.

According to BLF and Staffan Janson, circumcision is an attack on boys' integrity.

"It's such a complicated and difficult question, but even so, we've decided that this is a procedure to be done away with," Janson said. "It's a mutilation of a child unable to decide for himself."​

D_Miranda_Wrights

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Gay-jin,

You edited your post after I replied. Here's the added parts:

Given that I just noticed you were the last post in a DIFFERENT circ thread and looking at your history that is littered with posts in circ threads... Well, son, I think you may well be a little obsessed yourself.

Not really. I'm pre-med, studying bioethics, and want to be a pediatrician, so infant circumcision an issue I spent time researching. I tend to debate issues vigorously in proportion to my certainty, even if they aren't "big issues." I'd argue for gay marriage with the same fervor, if that weren't a one-sided debate around here. That doesn't make me "obsessed" with gay marriage...

And therefore, I would question how unbiased you are towards the whole issue.

I'm biased because I have a strong opinion? Man, that's kind of circular.

You're offended that SilverTrain dismisses people who "have a preference on the issue" because that's you. You want to think you have a good reason to care so much about your own foreskin. You don't want to think you have some kind of mental issue for being that way.

How can you possibly come to these conclusions from my posting history? :confused:

I almost never talk about my own circumcision preference. I doubt I've ever indicated how strong (or weak) it is. It's certainly not strong enough that it would cause me a significant life interruption if I had to be circumcised. I'd resent it, sure. Being moderately disappointed in not having something you prefer isn't a mental illness...it's a rational, normal human response. It's why autonomy is important to people.

Seriously, please do read a couple of my posts on this subject. Ask yourself if they sound like an obsessed crazy person, or just someone who takes ethical exception to neonatal circumcision. Or, even better, address my argument about RIC instead of me personally -- because even if I club baby seals for fun on the weekend, my arguments stands independently of my quality as a person. (For the record, I happen to think seals are awesome.)

Last edited:

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
Hey, guess what?

They took something from me without my permission. Oh, the horror!

I mean, actually, I'm quite OK with it.

I only wish they would have taken those hairs on my asshole that catch the little bits of pooh, keeping them suspended there in full animation, when it would have been so much nicer if they'd just carried on out into the never never.

I only wish they would have taken the nose hair, the ear hair, the back hair, the back-of-neck hair, for god's sake the facial hair. What I wouldn't give to not have to garden that shit for evermore....

They could have also taken the bits of fat that periodically threaten to permeate certain sites on my bod.

I mean, if anyone wants to say it's some sort of desecration to take these pieces of me without my permission, I say, Fuck You, you're just making shit up to be irritated about.

Please take this shit off me please, and like now.

I mean, couldn't you have been more merciful when I was a helpless little bit of infantile blubbergoo, and made me more appropo for the world?

FFS

:haha::arms:

makes me glad I'm a woman and don't have to worry about obsessing over whether I got one with extra covers or no covers, or whether or not I'm the biggest in the locker room (or the tiniest), or whether or not if I get a hard on, I'll lose focus because of the loss of blood flowing to the brain... :tongue::boobies2:

ArtofDesire

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

makes me glad I'm a woman and don't have to worry about obsessing over whether I got one with extra covers or no covers, or whether or not I'm the biggest in the locker room (or the tiniest), or whether or not if I get a hard on, I'll lose focus because of the loss of blood flowing to the brain... :tongue::boobies2:

Haha, well said FancyPants! I feel the same way.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I have bad news for you: Circumcision has been around for tens of thousands of years, and the debate on whether to do it or not continues. The issue hasn't been solved.

So until them, some will go for it, some will refuse it and many will debate which is better.

Right now, there are organised groups that want us to think circumcision is a mutilation. And they greatly exagerate the effects for media impact. And as a side effect, they are making those cut at birth second guess their own penis and feel angy and lose self confidence.

So at the end, it is the anti-circers which cause sexual dysfunction by making males feel bad about being circumcised.

Guess what? Foreskin has been around for 120 million years on animals, 60 million on mammals, and 4.7 million on humans. It's way older than circumcision. Your point, exactly?

Anti-circers cause sexual dysfunction? That's a good one.
Tell it to the Danish doctors.
http://www.davidwilton.com/files/mc-and-sexual-function---denmark-2011.pdf
Yeah, everybody who thinks the owner should get to decide which of his body parts to keep is just crazy.

Last edited:

wallaboi

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hey, guess what?

They took something from me without my permission. Oh, the horror!

I mean, actually, I'm quite OK with it.

I only wish they would have taken those hairs on my asshole that catch the little bits of pooh, keeping them suspended there in full animation, when it would have been so much nicer if they'd just carried on out into the never never.

I only wish they would have taken the nose hair, the ear hair, the back hair, the back-of-neck hair, for god's sake the facial hair. What I wouldn't give to not have to garden that shit for evermore....

They could have also taken the bits of fat that periodically threaten to permeate certain sites on my bod.

I mean, if anyone wants to say it's some sort of desecration to take these pieces of me without my permission, I say, Fuck You, you're just making shit up to be irritated about.

Please take this shit off me please, and like now.

I mean, couldn't you have been more merciful when I was a helpless little bit of infantile blubbergoo, and made me more appropo for the world?

FFS

I'm suing my parents, the doctor who circumsized me, the board of governors of the hospital where it occurred, and anyone who witnessed the desecration for damages sufficient to compensate me for the 17,001,899 nerve endings I lost during the procedure.

I hate sex because I can't feel anything in my nerve-deficient dick, and so I'm due 90 million dollars. I'm suing for payment in Yuah, though, since Obama will bring down the US economy by June.

And yes, this thread should be a place where the deadly seriousness of The Circ Debates is left aside.

Seems destined to stay DEADLY SERIOUS, though.

I'm not really sure why you think that it is ok to mock the men who are dissatisfied with the surgery that was performed on them as a baby. Apart from the intrusion on their human rights, there are some men (probably only a very small proportion) who suffer from botched circumcisions. Do you think it is ok make fun of them because they feel society and the medical profession have let them down, and in some instances inflicted real harm on them?

It is disingenuous to suggest that your thread is only humorous. Clearly you are making a very seriously held belief, that men who complain about being unnecissarily circumcised as a baby, are just whingers.

I think that it is about time that you showed your cards and clearly stated your opinion on infant circumcision, without all the smart arsed jokes.

Also, I would like to contest your contention, that there is an avalanche of men complaining that circumcision has ruined their lives. Please provide evidence in the form of links on this forum.

wallaboi

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

hahaha...clap your hands over your head and laugh your arse off. Is female circumcision such a humorous topic?

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not really sure why you think that it is ok to mock the men who are dissatisfied with the surgery that was performed on them as a baby. Apart from the intrusion on their human rights, there are some men (probably only a very small proportion) who suffer from botched circumcisions. Do you think it is ok make fun of them because they feel society and the medical profession have let them down, and in some instances inflicted real harm on them?

It is disingenuous to suggest that your thread is only humorous. Clearly you are making a very seriously held belief, that men who complain about being unnecissarily circumcised as a baby, are just whingers.

I think that it is about time that you showed your cards and clearly stated your opinion on infant circumcision, without all the smart arsed jokes.

Also, I would like to contest your contention, that there is an avalanche of men complaining that circumcision has ruined their lives. Please provide evidence in the form of links on this forum.

Contrary to what at least one other poster has said in this thread, I am not a circ thread obsessor. I admit to being mildly annoyed when several different circ threads continue to populate the tops of the pages here. (Why the need for multiple threads full of endless arguments?) I have waded into the threads on a couple of occasions to read some of the discussion. Aside from those times, I never think about circumcision. Perhaps I've behaved badly by posting this thread. But I stick by my eye-rolling at those who can't, even for a moment, step back and stop being DEADLY SERIOUS about circumcision.

Those are my cards.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
*see fuel... looks at fire*

ya claim not be to circ-obsessed....all the while pointing fingers at folks you call circ-obsessed....

but... one fact you are ignoring...

ya never see an uncut guy starting hate threads on circ-threads.
:smile:

if ya happy with your cock as is.. congrats.
hating on folks who are less than happy is just shitty.
acting all superior about it.. uber shitty.

Last edited:

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
*see fuel... looks at fire*

ya claim not be to circ-obsessed....all the while pointing fingers at folks you call circ-obsessed....

but... one fact you are ignoring...

ya never see an uncut guy starting hate threads on circ-threads.
:smile:

if ya happy with your cock as is.. congrats.
hating on folks who are less than happy is just shitty.
acting all superior about it.. uber shitty.

If you are accusing me of "hating on folks", then I flatly reject that characterization of my behavior. Likewise, if you are classifying this as a "hate thread", I say that is a gross misrepresentation. Where has there been even the slightest allusion to hate? As to the allegation that I am "acting all superior": using humor to poke at the object of one's criticism is a time-worn practice. Your post does reinforce my point that the entire arena of circ-dom is absolutely lacking in a sense of humor, but I don't claim "superiority". The circ threads themselves are back-and-forth superiority battles, however.

Posting a bit of inconsequential blather gets me all the way to uber shitty? Really?

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If you are accusing me of "hating on folks", then I flatly reject that characterization of my behavior. Likewise, if you are classifying this as a "hate thread", I say that is a gross misrepresentation. Where has there been even the slightest allusion to hate? As to the allegation that I am "acting all superior": using humor to poke at the object of one's criticism is a time-worn practice. Your post does reinforce my point that the entire arena of circ-dom is absolutely lacking in a sense of humor, but I don't claim "superiority". The circ threads themselves are back-and-forth superiority battles, however.

Posting a bit of inconsequential blather gets me all the way to uber shitty? Really?

umm.. humor is truth.

and i do think ya being shitty.
in a very lets all clap each other on the back cuz we're all in on the joke.
ya making real people into ya punchline.

is the shitty.

all ya other posts, i enjoy.
this one.. just feels like ya picking on the asthmatic kid. and all the other bullies are cheering you on.
:frown:

might be bothersome to me cuz i expect more from ya.
then again.. expectations are my shit... so.. meh.