Circumcised but skin attached where it shouldn't be

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by southern_stud, Jan 16, 2007.

1. southern_stud

southern_stud New Member

I apologize if this topic has been brought up before but I searched and searched and couldn't find it. Ok here is the situation. I am cut and have been so since I was an infant. On the other hand, there is this little piece of skin on the left side of the shaft attached to the head of the penis. It looks like a piercing but it isn't. I tell everyone that it is a piercing when they want to see what I am talking about. I have no problems with it unless I masturbate or have sex. The stretching of the skin puts strain on the head and on the piece of skin and it becomes very painful.

I have tried to cut the piece of skin off myself but I don't have the balls to go through with it. You see I don't like the site of blood especially my own. LOL. I don't like going to Doctors because I don't like those either. I spent 2 1/2 months in the hospital when I was 6 years old but that is a different story. I got plenty of medical supplies to keep infection down plus equipment to do it but no numbing agent for the pain. I wish I had someone to do it for me. I have asked some friends to do it but they all turned me down not because to see my penis but doing the cutting themselves. It is going to be minor but it is the doing part that is huge.

OH yeah does anyone know what I have is called? I tried to do some research on it but not getting any promising results. PLEASE can some one help me on advise or share comments if you have heard or have this problem yourself.

Thanks
    S/S

2. prepky

prepky New Member

Albums:
    hello,

it is called a skin bridge (if I understand your description correctly). Common byproduct of infant circumsicion. it really should be looked at by a doctor....simple inoffice procedure to snip the skin bridge and release the tension on the glan.

prep

3. Deve1opment

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Best advice I can give is GO TO THE DOCTOR. Its a guy thing to get all embarrassed having to show the Doc your penis but hey, you won't die of that. Please don't suffer any more discomfort or pain. Get it seen to. As Prepky says, it'll be sorted before you know. Best of luck.

4. SteveHd

Gold Member

As the others have said: go to a doctor. Many doctors have seen skin bridges so it's unlikely yours would be the first he's seen.

5. Snozzle

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Here are pictures of skin bridges with a couple that have been "resolved" as they say. So cheer up! I BET there are some here worse than yours.

6. snoozan

Gold Member

Okay, a small reality check here:

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU THINKING?!?!

No, seriously. Don't do small surgical procedures on yourself. DON'T DO IT. Don't let your friends do it. It doesn't matter if you have the equipment or supplies to do it, you and/or friends don't have any training to do it, even though it is small. A doctor should be able to do it so that the risk of infection is reduced, the appearance is attractive, scarring is minimized, and any complications are dealt with correctly. You could really mutilate yourself attempting to do this, which will last your entire life instead of a couple of uncomfortable doctor's appointments.

7. southern_stud

southern_stud New Member

Thanks for all your advise. It is identical to this pic provided but on the left side of the shaft. Besides how is it formed anyway?

Snoozan I don't know what I am thinking. I am just desperate but I don't like to go to the hospital but I want it gone ASAP. That is probably why I havn't done it yet that my subconscious is telling me to be safe about it.

Attached Files:

8. snoozan

Gold Member

This is what I read on how it's formed:

"Skin bridges are a complication of infant circumcision and do not occur in adult circumcision, because infant circumcision requires the forced separation of the foreskin and glans. (Natural separation occurs between infancy and age 18.) Removing an infant's foreskin prior to its natural separation results in an exposed and raw glans, the coronal ridge of which can fuse with the raw skin edges of the penile shaft where the foreskin was cut. This fused tissue is what causes the bridge effect."

from How to Identify Circumcision Damage in the Adult Male

I understand you not wanting to go to the hospital, but this should be a very easy procedure that doctor will be able to do with local anaesthetic in his or her office. I can't see this requiring hospitalization. I'm just guessing about all of that. I think you should commit to making one appointment and discuss your options with the doctor before making any decision. If you just do it incrementally like that, sometimes that can make it seem more manageable.

Good luck, and keep us updated. Just think of how great it will feel to masturbate or have sex without pain.

9. chico8

chico8 New Member

At birth, the foreskin is attached to the glans. In order to perform a full circumcision, it's necessary for the doctor to peel it away. The glans then is a raw oozing piece of flesh adjacent to two other raw pieces of flesh caused by cutting off the foreskin. If the penis isn't cleaned or manipulated enough after circumcision, the two raw pieces of flesh can grow together and in your case, did.

10. MattBrick

MattBrick Member

Albums:
    Hey,
    yeah, it's true
    The skin bridge thing is not uncommon
    if it bothers you, or if "stuff" ever gets stuck there. tell you're doctor about it, he;ll be able to help you, or refer you to another physician who can.

Another poster mentioned that there are other guys whose are "worse" than yours. I don't think that you should take that to mean that you yourse is "bad". There are all different types of penises, and all different types of circumcisions. Check mine out for example.

Some of the guys on here are notorious for getting agressive on this issue- even to the point of insulting somebody about his circumcision.
    (This is a support group right? - for every member)
    You should know also, that those sites linked here are interesting, but very biased. I liken it to this. I think PETA does some great work. I agree with them, but I don't push it on here.

You don't have to feel bad about your penis. You don't have to have a foreskin to feel good about it. If yours is a little different, as long as everything works ok, you can even consider it a bonus feature or something :)

11. SteveHd

Gold Member

True.
    He said so. Go back and read message #1, first paragraph, last two sentences.
    Did someone suggest that something is "bad". If so, be specific and state who and what.
    Did one of "the guys" insult the O.P. about his circumcision? If so, state what was written and who wrote it. *I figure I'm one of the "notorious" guys.*
    A skin bridge isn't "a little different" and we can't say "everything works ok" since there's pain during an erection. Are you suggesting that he live with it?
    I have a misaligned raphe. Would you call that a "bonus feature"?

12. southern_stud

southern_stud New Member

Don't worry I do not let people get to me like that if they mean it that way but I never did take it take way. Yes it does bother me when I have sex or maturbate. I will get it corrected in the future. I just don't have the time right now. I am not shy about going to the doctor about my problem but it is just the fact the fear of going to the doctor. I am not shy of showing someone what I have. If you were standing beside me and you asked me to see how big I was I would show you with no problems unless you wanted it to go further than that. I know there are some guys out there worse than what I have but I don't think what I have is all bad. It is an interesting conversation piece at parties. I have found that when using a condom it isn't that painful. Although, sometimes I like the natural feeling with the girls I have been with in the past.

Thanks for all the advice and confidence.

13. fatunicorn

fatunicorn New Member

I cut my own penis once, wasnt smart

14. simcha

Gold Member

15. littleguy2

littleguy2 Active Member

Go see a Urologist and have it done in his office. I had a skin bridge, lived with it being slightly annoying until I was in my late 40's, Penis was always looking a little different but now i feel so good and look so good. Used to get irritated when I masturbated too much or had too much sex. Sometimes even hurt when I got really hard. Only regret is waiting so long. Remember that your penis has a lot of nerve ending and blood vessels, DO NOT Attempt to do it yourself you could bleed to death.
    Good luck, let us know when you have it done. If you live in NY I can give you a great doc.

Draft saved Draft deleted