Circumcised Is Cool

yarraman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Not really an issue for me at this point... but if I were a young man... I would happily lose the useless flap for the lower chance of contracting HIV.[/quote]

The foreskin is NOt a useless flap of skin , you obviously dont have one! maybe you could educate yourself sometime.

and circumcision does NOT reduce your chances of contracting HIV !

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
PS-
at this point will ensue more ranting along this vein:
"oh... my precious precious penis... my special golden God invented magical mystical all important penis.... How could I live or ever be fulfilled as a human being without every last cell of my precious, inviolate penis.....
I could never be a whole human being ever again if I could not fiddle with my fantastic flap of skin...

And
" oh woe is me for my precious precious penis has been disfigured and shall never ever function as it was meant to function by the the all wise and all knowing perfect penis designer in the sky... however will I ever be complete as a human being without that all important lynchpin to everything wonderous and special....

We must MARCH to prevent other people from ever allowing another precious and perfect penis to be in any way altered by the evil penis chopping doctors!"

I swear you guys really need to pull your hand outta your pants and think about something else for a change.

Cur or uncut?

Who the hell cares?

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The foreskin is NOt a useless flap of skin , you obviously dont have one! maybe you could educate yourself sometime.

and circumcision does NOT reduce your chances of contracting HIV !

WRONG!

and once more WRONG!!!

Stop spreading lies about your strange and delusional religion.

LOOK IT UP... its been tested... DOZENS of scientific studies ALL agree that circumcision reduces transmission of HIV.

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
LOL!!! You are so funny! I also think it's funny that people go on and on and on and on about their large penis's. You'd think this was a Large Penis Support Group or something, a place to talk about all-things penis-y.

Remember this the next time you go off on a rant about something you are passionate about, Phil.

PS-
"oh... my precious precious penis... my special golden God invented magical mystical all important penis.... How could I live or ever be fulfilled as a human being without every last cell of my precious, inviolate penis.....
I could never be a whole human being ever again if I could not fiddle with my fantastic flap of skin...

And
" oh woe is me for my precious precious penis has been disfigured and shall never ever function as it was meant to function by the the all wise and all knowing perfect penis designer in the sky... however will I ever be complete as a human being without that all important lynchpin to everything wonderous and special....

We must MARCH to prevent other people from ever allowing another precious and perfect penis to be in any way altered by the evil penis chopping doctors!"

I swear you guys really need to pull your hand outta your pants and think about something else for a change.

Cur or uncut?

Who the hell cares?

yarraman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
PS-

And

time for your medication

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Hey..
I 'get' all the 'look at my dick' stuff...

Yap all ya want about how big you are.. how much you like it, if it bends to the left or right...

But the whining over it?

The wailing and gnashing of teeth over whether OTHER people are getting circumcised or not?
In thread after thread after thread.....

making shit up about it? Denying scientific findings because they don't fit in with the prickontology belief system?

Sorry, fellas... that's just way too OCD over the leetle PP.

D_one and done

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i like my cut dick . if it was uncut, id still like it. i don't see what the big deal is. this cut/uncut thing on LPSG seems more an issue of self-adequacy to me (or lack thereof.) and dont bother trying to explain your pro choice stuff to me, chances are ive already read anything your would probably say to try and convince me. be comfortable with yourself and it wouldnt be an issue.

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
...making shit up about it? Denying scientific findings because they don't fit in with the prickontology belief system?

Sorry, fellas... that's just way too OCD over the leetle PP.

I did a quick Google to find out more about some of the HIV studies that you've alluded to (and before you have a go at me, I'll do more research later on today and tomorrow).

I'm not going to argue the validity of a particular study but there is a lot of conflicting information about this one issue alone:

Here's the CDC's version- Male Circumcision and Risk for HIV Transmission: Implications for the United States | Factsheets | CDC HIV/AIDS

But here's an example of someone refuting the evidence by questioning the validity of some of the studies-
Circumcised men are at greater risk of HIV infection

And here is something more recent stating that guys getting circ'd in order to decrease HIV risk are at GREATER risk-
HIV Study Raises Caution About Circumcision - washingtonpost.com

So, there is alot of info to assimilate and I'm more than willing to learn something new and change my mind because of intelligent, reasonable argument.

But you won't even get me to the point of listening if you are being bitchy, nor do I think that anyone ELSE would be swayed by a similar approach. I got that kind of shit from some of my professors at college and you'll get the same response that I gave them: "Speak to and treat me with respect if you want me to do the same".

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I did a quick Google to find out more about some of the HIV studies that you've alluded to (and before you have a go at me, I'll do more research later on today and tomorrow).

Yeah... there's a lot out there.
Quick synopsis...

Bad methodology accounts for most studies showing no effect and ALL studies showing the opposite effect.

For example... one study you cite posits that Circumsized virgin males have a higher rate of HIV infection than uncircumsized male virgins. As if that has any relevance to the question, because, clearly, circumcised virgins with HIV DID NOT CONTRACT IT VIA SEX.

Many african tribes perform the ritual in extremely un-sterile conditions. This accounts for those infections and has no bearing on the actual study of sexual transmission rates.

Another source of error in many studies is the reliance on laboratory testing rather than actual epidemiological studies. ( the same kind of studies that clearly implicate the cultural practice of multiple mistresses as being a huge factor in heterosexual transmission rates.)

Solid methodology that properly accounts for these kinds of erroneous data is actually quite clear and is fully backed up by similar studies of HIV transmission in Israel and HIV transmission among heterosexuals in the West.

The higher the prevalence of circumcision in a population, the lower the rate of transmission among heterosexuals.

Circumcision status is a very strong predictor of HIV risk.

The science has been independently verified by WHO.

Really. Honest and for true.

But, y'know, even if Circumcision had NO benefit for lower risk of transmission...
even If I hadn't been cut as a baby...

...the way some of you foreskin fanatics go on about your precious penis part...

... I would absolutely get cut ...

Just to distance myself from this ridiculous cult of the holier than thou penis skin.

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah... there's a lot out there.
Quick synopsis...

Bad methodology accounts for most studies showing no effect and ALL studies showing the opposite effect.

For example... one study you cite posits that Circumsized virgin males have a higher rate of HIV infection than uncircumsized male virgins. As if that has any relevance to the question, because, clearly, circumcised virgins with HIV DID NOT CONTRACT IT VIA SEX.

Many african tribes perform the ritual in extremely un-sterile conditions. This accounts for those infections and has no bearing on the actual study of sexual transmission rates.

Another source of error in many studies is the reliance on laboratory testing rather than actual epidemiological studies. ( the same kind of studies that clearly implicate the cultural practice of multiple mistresses as being a huge factor in heterosexual transmission rates.)

Solid methodology that properly accounts for these kinds of erroneous data is actually quite clear and is fully backed up by similar studies of HIV transmission in Israel and HIV transmission among heterosexuals in the West.

The higher the prevalence of circumcision in a population, the lower the rate of transmission among heterosexuals.

Really. Honest and for true.

But, y'know, even if Circumcision had NO benefit for lower risk of transmission...

...the way some of you foreskin fanatics go on about your precious penis part...

Just to distance myself from this ridiculous cult of the holier than thou penis skin.

Thanks for the new pill Phil,but I'm still not swallowing it!:wink:

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Except in Cameroon, Ghana, Lesotho, Malawi, Rwanda and Tanazania (and who knows where else?) where a HIGHER proportion of circumcised men have HIV than intact men.

You have no evidence for that claim. WHO has taken on board the result of research by circumcision enthusiasts.

"But, y'know, even if hemioculectomy had no benefit for lower risk of conjunctivitis [and it does, obviously]...
even if I hadn't had one eye poked out as a baby...

...the way some of you 3D fanatics go on about your precious binocular vision ...

... I would absolutely get hemioculectomated ..."

Sound silly? Sound one-eyed? Sure is!

---
Look, if someone chose to have himself circumcised as an adult, and says "circumcised is cool (for me)", just as with someone who had his tongue split and says "snake-tongued is cool (for me)", I've got no quarrel with them or their opinion as long as it's not used as a basis for imposing it on anyone else. That's fine for them.

But when the circumcision (or the tongue splitting) has been imposed on them, they've never experienced the alternative and they're making the best of it, that's a different story, especially if this is just as justification for continuing to impose it on another generation. The OP expressed a preference for style of cut - something those cut in babyhood have no choice over.

B_The Greek Dude

Experimental Member
Media
Well, nobody really has an answer for the statement that there are more HIV positive men in America - where the vast majority are circumcised - than in countries where the majority are not circumcised. Why is this?

It's because of the evil gay men!
Well, it is believed to have been spread by a small group of men in Manhattan shortly after Patient Zero (a male flight attendant from Toronto), all of whom were gay. You may be on to something. . .but then again, they widely accept gay marriage in places like Europe, and the HIV rate is still lower there than it is in America.

If all these gay men around the world are uncircumcised, why aren't they all infected with HIV? Do you think that maybe it's because they're not using sex as a sport? That they're not getting drunk in bars and going home with the first person that will dance with them for 5 minutes?

Or maybe it's because a lot of these men - cut or uncut - use condoms and get tested regularly, and when they're in a relationship they stay monogamous?

I don't know about you, but logic seems to support the last one, and I don't even have a medical degree.

Whether you're gay, straight, cut, uncut, a man, a woman etc. . .sex feels good and it's fun, but if you're careless, you're going to get hurt; you're either going to get a disease, or you're going to get kidnapped, raped, murdered or whatever else. If you're careful none of this will ever happen to you.