Circumcision and nipple sensitivity?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Snozzle, Sep 18, 2011.

?

Does circumcision affect nipple sensitivity?

1. I'm not circumcised and my nipples are not very sensitive

13 vote(s)
    9.9%
  2. I'm not circumcised and my nipples are moderately sensitive

18 vote(s)
    13.7%
  3. I'm not circumcised and my nipples are very sensitive

13 vote(s)
    9.9%
  4. I'm circumcised in infancy and my nipples are not very sensitive

25 vote(s)
    19.1%
  5. I'm circumcised in infancy and my nipples are moderately sensitive

16 vote(s)
    12.2%
  6. I'm circumcised in infancy and my nipples are very sensitive

28 vote(s)
    21.4%
  7. I'm circumcised after infancy and my nipples are not very sensitive

7 vote(s)
    5.3%
  8. I'm circumcised after infancy and my nipples are moderately sensitive

8 vote(s)
    6.1%
  9. I'm circumcised after infancy and my nipples are very sensitive

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  10. Other, not applicable

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  1. Snozzle

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Someone has raised the suggestion that after circumcision, the part of the brain expecting signals from the foreskin my get rewired to receive signals from somewhere else, normally the frenulum and glans, but perhaps also the nipples (which though remote on the body, may have a relevant area not so remote in the brain). Hence this poll.

2. Snozzle

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    And before you say "What a stupid idea!" this is just a hypothesis that this poll is a rough pilot-test of. The result, once a lot more people have answered, will give some indication how stupid an idea it is.

3. Guill

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hmmm, the first part of your statement makes sense. The part of the brain that would receive signals from the foreskin would no longer be getting these signals. This cortex then becomes avaliable to be taken over by surrounding cortex (as seen in fantom limb pain). Here is where you're idea is a little off...the cortex can only be taken over by surrounding areas which in the case of the foresin would be the glans and the other skin on the penis...not the nipples. Stretching possiblities, the next closest area that is mapped on the primary somatosensory cortex are the feet. Although very remotely possibly, you might expect more circumcised guys to have a foot fetish than those who are uncut, but I think it would take more tissue removal than just the foreskin to cause that.

Hope this makes sense.

4. Snozzle

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    (Bump) We need more responses. I think the current position has to be due to chance.

It's hard to make a case that men circumcsed in infancy (but not in adulthood or left intact) may have insensitive or sensitive nipples, but not moderately sensitive, while the other two groups have the reverse.

5. D_Fleetwood Coupe DeVille

"I'm circumcised in infancy and my nipples are not very sensitive."

My girl likes me to play with them, But that's the only time I get any pleasure from touching them. Seeing her get pleasure from it turns me on :)

6. xtoxin

xtoxin New Member

I was circumcised in infancy, and rubbing my nipples during masturbation or oral sex makes my orgasm twice as pleasurable. But I'm not sure I believe circumcision has anything to do with it. Some guys love anal stimulation -- I personally don't. Is that something that can likewise be attributed to circumcision? I doubt it.

7. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    I was circumcised directly after birth and I'm completely hard-wired. I can't maintain an erection for long without near-constant titplay, and it's been that way for as long as I've been sexually active.

8. eurotop40

Gold Member

Are there any fMRI studies on this?

9. Ionto

Ionto New Member

I voted 1 - not circumcised and relatively sensitivity in the nipples. But it still may make sense for the supposition, as I have a short foreskin, and half my cockhead is exposed all the time, so it would be similar to someone with a very loose circumcision (in fact I've met circumcised men with more foreskin that I have!)

10. SirConcis

Gold Member

Albums:
    After I got circumcised, my ear lobes became very sensitive. My ferengi girlfrriend can make me cum just by rubbing my ear lobes with her fingers.

:)

11. AdamTaylor

AdamTaylor Member

Albums:
    I was circumcised at birth and I have extremely sensitive nipples and get just as much pleasure out of having them sucked as I do my balls.

12. Snozzle

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Interesting, maybe you should put up a poll about it. What can your Romulan girlfriend do?

13. Snozzle

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    (Bump) If we had 100 responses, at least the percentages would have some claim to be so called.

14. Hoss

Gold Member

Albums:
    My nipples aren't particularly sensitive and definitely not in a great big sexual way. Circumcised at 11, maybe there's a difference according to when it happens.

15. buzzrider7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Interesting hypothesis. Cut at birth and mega wired here. I always wondered why I ended up with such an awesome body toy and others don't seem to have it at all. Maybe it is nature's consolation prize for having had my foreskin snipped off. I'm restoring my foreskin now - hope that doesn't make my nipple orgasms go away!
    (My Ferengi gf let's me fuck her in the ear by the way. Very hot. )

16. Snozzle

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    That's why I separated out the answers. If these figures mean anything (and they're still relatively few, and always subject to serious sampling error), there seems to be such a difference

#16 Snozzle, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  17. D_Miranda_Wrights

D_Miranda_Wrights Account Disabled

Stats stuff, if it's helpful:

Circumcised sample: n=56, 35.7% responding in favor, MoE +/-13.1%

Uncircumcised sample: n=47, 27.0% responding in favor, MoE +/-14.3%

The 95% confidence interval for circumcised reporting at least moderate nipple sensitivity is 22.6% to 48.8%.

The 95% confidence interval for uncircumcised reporting at least moderate nipple sensitivity is 12.7% to 41.3%.

In other words, we're nowhere near statistical significance so far. I think it's also worth noting that the question implies the reasoning behind the answer, and on something so subjective, people tend to unwittingly follow the hypothesis of the question. All in all, and agreeing with 04guillaume on my understanding of touch-sensitivity brain wiring, I don't think we have much to go by here.

18. Snozzle

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Not sure what you mean by "in favour"? My hypothesis was that circumcision might make nipples more sensitive, but the data seems to lead to the hypothesis that it makes them more or less sensitive. That could be the case if there is a factor that we haven't counted on (such as amount of frenulum removed, but that's a pretty wild guess).

Can you rework your MoE from the point of view of circumcision displacing sensitivity away from "moderate" in either direction? Thus currently N(intact)=38 and 18 or 47% are moderately nipple-sensitive, while N(infant-circumcised)=57 and 14 or 24.5% are moderately nipple-sensitive. What is the MoE for that? Am I guilty of data-mining yet? Just trying to find some sense in the data.

If I were promoting an agenda, I'd now write a press release saying "Circumcision HALVES the number of men with moderate nipple sensitivity!" and count on the media to rewrite it as "Circumcision halves nipple sensitivity!"

(I'm discarding the late-circumcised because I suspect the effect if any would be different, and they are too few to draw a conclusion from by themselves.)

But overwhelming any of this is that 112 men with (or with an interest in) big penises who chose themselves to answer the poll are very far from a random sample of any population.

#18 Snozzle, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  19. D_Miranda_Wrights

D_Miranda_Wrights Account Disabled

[/quote]

Haha, no real objective line for data-mining. :p If you have to do almost 20 measurements to find something statistical significant...you're getting toward it.

The MoE is based only on the population size (here, irrelevant since it's beyond a certain point) and sample size for the sample in question. The MoE won't change based on what you're evaluating as long as the sample/subsample remains the same.

So, basically just take whatever % you want of the circumcised and uncircumcised samples...add and subtract the MoE I gave you, and that's the 95% confidence rate for each value. I could calculate the likelihood that they equal each other, but I'm lazy and the huge MoE would make it moot anyway :p

20. Snozzle

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well, they've reached some nice round numbers now: 18/40 or 45% (±13.1%) of intact guys have moderate nipple sensitivity, vs 14/60 or 23.3...% (±14.3%) of infant-circumcised guys. But the margins of error overlap, so we don't have significance.

Draft saved Draft deleted