Circumcision and Sex Drive

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Read the following - you won't be so happy that you got a circumcision.

Fine-touch pressure thresholds in the adult penis.

Sorrells ML, Snyder JL, Reiss MD, Eden C, Milos MF, Wilcox N, Van Howe RS.

HIV/AIDS researcher, San Francisco, CA, USA.

OBJECTIVE: To map the fine-touch pressure thresholds of the adult penis in circumcised and uncircumcised men, and to compare the two populations.

SUBJECTS AND METHODS: Adult male volunteers with no history of penile pathology or diabetes were evaluated with a Semmes-Weinstein monofilament touch-test to map the fine-touch pressure thresholds of the penis. Circumcised and uncircumcised men were compared using mixed models for repeated data, controlling for age, type of underwear worn, time since last ejaculation, ethnicity, country of birth, and level of education.

RESULTS: The glans of the uncircumcised men had significantly lower mean (sem) pressure thresholds than that of the circumcised men, at 0.161 (0.078) g (P = 0.040) when controlled for age, location of measurement, type of underwear worn, and ethnicity. There were significant differences in pressure thresholds by location on the penis (P < 0.001). The most sensitive location on the circumcised penis was the circumcision scar on the ventral surface. Five locations on the uncircumcised penis that are routinely removed at circumcision had lower pressure thresholds than the ventral scar of the circumcised penis.

CONCLUSIONS: The glans of the circumcised penis is less sensitive to fine touch than the glans of the uncircumcised penis. The transitional region from the external to the internal prepuce is the most sensitive region of the uncircumcised penis and more sensitive than the most sensitive region of the circumcised penis. Circumcision ablates the most sensitive parts of the penis.

PMID: 17378847 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Did no one read this, or is everyone simply ignoring it becuase it completely bashes and destroys the arguemnt all the pro-cutters have presented us with. I am cut myself (since birth), but I've always wanted tp be uncut (or at least what it would be like. I'd like to state simply, having your head exposed all the time does get it stimulated more often. But what about that saying the more you do something, the less sensitive you become to it. I've heard before the reason cut men have such a sex drive is because they become more insensitive a lot faster because they are exposed, and so need to do it more and more for the same pleasure. This builds the sex drive. I will admit I don't have much of a sex drive, but then again I only just lost my virginity a couple months ago (as opposed to the couple yeras ago or more for most guys my age; 18). The above cited research above states the five most sensitive areas on a penis are removed through circumcision procedure. This is why I've always wondered what it would be like to be uncut. Another thing is, unique nerve endings can not grow back, so once those sensitive parts are removed, even with FR, you'll never completely get it all back. It's gone forever, and thats the truth.

Matt Cohen

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I don't agree that the 5 most sensitive areas of the penis are in the foreskin. It is the glans (head) of the penis that gives the most sexual pleasure.

Why do uncut guys pull the foreskin back before getting a blow job - It's to expose the head and allow it to be stimulated. If the foreskin was the most senstive part, then no one would pull it back.

In my opinion, the difference in feeling during sex is not altered by having or not having a foreskin.

gordonuk

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
since i was cut in 1999 my sex drive had gone through the roof, before i only wanked once a day, now i am 5 or 6 a day (or more), I seem to want sex much more. so say that once I was cut its made my sex drive mega high.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
since i was cut in 1999 my sex drive had gone through the roof, before i only wanked once a day, now i am 5 or 6 a day (or more), I seem to want sex much more. so say that once I was cut its made my sex drive mega high.
Could it be because sex is less satisfying now that you're cut?

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I really have to agree with Damian and the rest of the circumcised guys. I have had it both ways and my penis head is still very sensitive many years after having been circumcised.
You guys can all slap each other on the back and shake hands on it. Amputation of erogenous tissue does increase sexual sensitivity.

The magic of adult circumcision is that no one can explain how the penis is apparently the exception to every rule. You don't have less, you have more. You don't lose any sensation or function. Cutting only has plusses.

I would be a lot more interested in hearing anyone comment on the link I posted than hearing you cut as adults guys glad hand each other.

D

deleted15807

I really have to agree with Damian and the rest of the circumcised guys. I have had it both ways and my penis head is still very sensitive many years after having been circumcised.

Bingo! There are those who refuse to believe it even when you say it. The idealogy can't accept it. Facts, testimonials don't matter.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Bingo! There are those who refuse to believe it even when you say it. The idealogy can't accept it. Facts, testimonials don't matter.
He doesn't say it's more sensitive. He says it's still very sensitive. One's dick head is not particularly sensitive to begin with. Only long legs knows what he means.

Just like you accuse me you ignore anything contrary to your point of view, (refering to the studies I linked to in post 46) which is not educated (or credible) because you were cut at birth.

D

deleted15807

Ahhh so this is credible 'research' from 'circp.org'. An institution that has but one goal. As I said earlier find at least two or more sources to support this statement in a library book. What exactly is the quality of the information from cirp.org? A website whose focus is clearly one-sided . I guess I should go to FoxNews to find out accurate information on the Democratic Party.

No one owns the Internet, there is no central organization in place to enforce quality or editorial standards. Information is often published on the Web which no serious publisher would touch. For this reason, Web sites are considered less authoritative research sources than printed articles and books. The useful and useless co-exist in cyberspace much as they would and do at a flea market.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Dude, you didn't fucking read it. It's hosted there. The studies are by Drs. Cold, Taylor and McGrath. One could surmise that they are too busy figuring out what's wrong with you to make their own web sites. It's not all about you, you know?

So the donkey can't say anything credible about the elephant and vice versa? Open your mind. You'd be surprised what might go in there.

Click on links. The studies are published in medical journals and are perfectly credible.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ahhh so this is credible 'research' from 'circp.org'. An institution that has but one goal. ...
Shoot the messenger, again. BTW, it's 'cirp.org'.
... What exactly is the quality of the information from cirp.org? ...
Most of it has been published in periodicals or books. They add pithy comments but they don't otherwise alter the original. The "ridge band" page is an exception: it's their own content. The bottom of the index page attributes the content to John R. Taylor and it's derived from work he's published. The readers will have to form their own judgements.
... A website whose focus is clearly one-sided. ...
There are few, if any, neutral websites addressing circumcision. There are none that I know of that make a claim of being neutral or balanced. That's how things are in a combat zone. :smile:

D

deleted15807

There are few, if any, neutral websites addressing circumcision.

There are neutral sites but not in your book. Anything that actually lists 'benefits' is a site that isn't neutral at all for the Resistance.

D

deleted15807

So the donkey can't say anything credible about the elephant and vice versa? Open your mind. You'd be surprised what might go in there.

Click on links. The studies are published in medical journals and are perfectly credible.

Cherry picked studies from a website devoted to ending circumcision. How is that research?