Circumcision and Sex Drive

RKNG

Just Browsing
Media
For the vast majority of circumcised men, that question could never be answered. They were cut as babies....

you missed the point of the question entirely. please try to set down your agenda just for a moment to think about it, nobody has to see that you've let down the bias for even a second.

if someone has a problem with the function, appearance, proportion, sensetivity, reaction, ect, of their genetalia, and they are attaching that perceived "problem" on circumcision, it is my opinion that they should consider in their mind the possibility that they would have had that "problem" even if they had not been circumcised. and I think that they should consider what they would think/feel/do/ect if that were the case.

I am sure that circumcision can have some of the effects that people complain about. I am sure it CAN be held at fault SOME of the time.

but I think theres got to be at least a portion of people griping about circumcision... would have had the problem they are dealing with REGARDLESS.
can they be sure? no.

but if you don't know the difference, and its possible that what you are blaming it on had nothing to do with it... it seems silly to be up in arms about it.

there are so many other problems in the world that would benefit so much more from the passion people have about this.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
nobody has to see that you've let down the bias for even a second.
If you would set down your bias, you would see that I spoke truly. That question could only be answered by someone who had themselves circumcised as a adult after they already had adult sexual experience with their adult organ. Nobody is talking about that except the few cut-as-adults on these threads. We are all talking about RIC.

Your question will never be answered for anyone who was cut as an infant.

RKNG

Just Browsing
Media
If you would set down your bias, you would see that I spoke truly. That question could only be answered by someone who had themselves circumcised as a adult after they already had adult sexual experience with their adult organ. Nobody is talking about that except the few cut-as-adults on these threads. We are all talking about RIC.

Your question will never be answered for anyone who was cut as an infant.

you did not lie.

but what you said had NOTHING to do with what I was talking about.

its not about the reality of what might have been. that has NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

I do not dispute that it is (for a variety of reasons) impractical to do a full on study. but I think there are alternatives to that, such as broad, detailed surveys and sorting through that data.

but the matter in this specific point, is not a "we should know what if" but a PSYCHOLOGICAL matter of how you deal with things that you perceive to have been inflicted upon you, as opposed to how you deal with things that are just natural variation.

a woman having low sexual response/sensetivity, is regarded differently than a circumcised man with low sexual response would. Anti-circ people would pop up and scream from the rooftops that it was because of circumcision. ... when in fact, it may have NOTHING to do with that. might it be? sure. might it be WORSE because of it? sure. but do people who are uncircumcised have that problem sometimes? YES.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Reverse your genders to see if what you are saying makes sense. Anyone in our culture would believe that a circumcised woman's sexual response or lack thereof would not be only in her head.

What you are trying to do in my view is reinforce the notion that men why are circumcised and don't like it are mentally unbalanced.

Cliff Harrison

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Some time back Damian posted a very accurate response on the effects of circumcision. I was originally cut some 30 years ago, and have had a couple of revisions since then. When I had a foreskin it quite simply got in the way during any and all types of sexual activity. During penetration, the glans would slide up and down within its enveloping cover, reducing the sensations to a fat zero. Holding back the foreskin tightly was very difficult to do successfully. And no matter how often I washed, there was always a smell and slimey gunge lurking beneath the skin. Once cut, I could feel the glans sliding in and out of the vagina, feel it being sucked and tickled with a tongue. My penis is less sensitive now, and masturbation does take longer even with lube, but the feelings when I finally get there are many times better than what I used to experience. In fact, in the old days, I could occasionally cum with only a very weak half-hard erection by working the shaft skin back and forth for a minute or two, but the resultant climax was usually very much an anti-climax, barely worth the bother. Frankly, for too many reasons to list, I would never want to go back to my uncut state, and just wish that my parents had done the job for me when I was a baby. Having said all that, every guy is different in his turn-ons, activities and responses, and I would happily accept that there are some for whom circumcision has not been an unqualified success. Certainly a foreskin does make masturbation quicker and easier, and offers interesting options for sexual play, but to my mind that's not enough to convince guys like myself who find that it just gets in the way! Cliff

Garaam

Just Browsing
Media
sex drive is determined by testosterone levels and testosterone isn't manufactured in the foreskin it's manufactured in the testicles.

Supermog_uk

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I was circumcised at birth. I'd say I have a high sex drive, right through my teens, peaking late 20's or now. I'd cum at least twice a day, ever since I was 17 or so, with barely a days break (shudder!)

I started restoring my foreskin about a 18 months back, and I notice I can cum, and want to cum, more than I did before restoration. I'd attribute this to 3 reasons:

1) It's easier for me to wank now. Previously, with no foreskin, I had to use lube which I found messy and inconvenient.

2) Playing with the skin teases me into arousal and keeps me there at the threshold at just the right level of "oooooh", indefinitely. (Well, up to an hour on those mad occasions when I j/o for that long! )

3) I can, but often don't, cum as hard as before I restored, so my balls don't drain as much. Consequently I'm ready to go again in a shorter period of time.

btw:
Matt I've read some of your other posts so I know you are happy with your circ status, but for me it was just the opposite.

About six years ago, I found I could not orgasm in intercourse as my penis sensitivity was just about ZERO. Having restored a little foreskin, I can now masturbate without lube for the first time since I was a teen.

Regrow123

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strontium
I was circumcised at birth. I'd say I have a high sex drive, right through my teens, peaking late 20's or now. I'd cum at least twice a day, ever since I was 17 or so, with barely a days break (shudder!)

I started restoring my foreskin about a 18 months back, and I notice I can cum, and want to cum, more than I did before restoration. I'd attribute this to 3 reasons:

1) It's easier for me to wank now. Previously, with no foreskin, I had to use lube which I found messy and inconvenient.

2) Playing with the skin teases me into arousal and keeps me there at the threshold at just the right level of "oooooh", indefinitely. (Well, up to an hour on those mad occasions when I j/o for that long! )

3) I can, but often don't, cum as hard as before I restored, so my balls don't drain as much. Consequently I'm ready to go again in a shorter period of time.

btw:
Matt I've read some of your other posts so I know you are happy with your circ status, but for me it was just the opposite.

About six years ago, I found I could not orgasm in intercourse as my penis sensitivity was just about ZERO. Having restored a little foreskin, I can now masturbate without lube for the first time since I was a teen.

My partial restoration has IMPROVED my sensation and my skin now glides so I don't get sore doing sex like before restoring. However, I now need to clean much more than before. I am a very clean person, so washing daily is not a problem.

maxximus1973

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Well for me i had it done at 32 it was suggested by my partner so i got it done,i feel not my desire changed but how sex feels to me i think i have less feeling and its harder for me to cum. i can go as long as i or whos with me wants.nowi have just fotten to the point where someone can put it in there mouth and i dont jump back from the strong feeling

D

deleted796542

I'm in no way attacking anyone, So please don't attack me. But here is a picture comparison on cut and uncut.

Attachments

Tally

Experimental Member
Media
Do you think circumcision increases or decreases a man's sex drive ?

I was cut at birth. The answer depends on the man and varies over time.

When I was in my 20's, I could not imagine sex being any better. I had a high sex drive and wanted it all the time. By the time I hit my 40's I noticed that sex, while still good, was less pleasurable. I was not as sensitive and it took longer for me to ejaculate. My partners started to complain that sex took too long. And they were always sore after sex, even when using lots of lube. By the time I hit my 50's, I had trouble staying erect because I had lost so much sensitivity. It took a lot to stimulate me. I could wank OK, but slippery sex did not stimulate me enough to get me off. It got to the point where I preferred to wank than have sex. By not getting any good sex, my sex drive fell during this time.

I started restoring at age 52. Since then my erections have gotten stronger than I ever remember them. I have regained the sensitivity I lost through the years. I also gained the gliding action, something I never knew existed. I have whole body orgasms, which I never had as a cut man. I can last as long as I want. I also want sex all the time, again.

With my restored foreskin, sex is much better than it ever was as a circumcised man. At 57 my sex drive is just as strong as it was in my 20s, even though it had seemed to drop off in my late 40s.