circumcision as an adult

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by D_blc02jbv, Jan 1, 2009.

1. D_blc02jbv

D_blc02jbv New Member

hey guys new to the forums. i'm a 20 year old guy. all my life i've had tight foreskin and over the last two years it has develped into BXO phimosis :( and next week is finally the day i get circumcised. has anybody here been circumcised as adults? how was it? how long did it take to recover? my doc says that it'll just be uncomfortable for a couple of weeks, mainly because the shaft will be oversensitive with my underwear and stuff.

hope to hear from other guys!

2. B_dick20

B_dick20 New Member

It takes 6 till 8 weeks to be uncomfortabel. The glans is not coverd any more and that takes a sevaral weeks.
    Night erections are bad the first weeks.
    You may not masturbate the first weeks or to have sex.

3. Daveman8

Daveman8 New Member

Albums:
    Have you tried to stretch out the opening of your foreskin?

4. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

They can actually slit the glans but leave it still attached. This will leave you some of the protection, and not be nearly as painful.

5. SteveHd

Gold Member

Let's not give him the "Did you try stretching?" or "They can to 'x' instead" ... stuff.

He mentioned BXO. That's one of the cases where circumcision is generally appropriate.

6. sargon20

Gold Member

Thank you doctor. :cool:

7. D_but wait you also get

You should get a dorsal slit.

Dorsal Slit Procedure :
    Sometimes the constriction of the prepuce is so tight and the swelling significant that it would require a small bed side procedure to relieve a paraphimosis. This is called the dorsal slit procedure.
    After cleaning the genitalia with Betadine in saline solution, the selected area at the dorsal side of the penis close to the constricting band is infiltrated for about 1 cm width with 1% xylocaine solution. At this site, a longitudinal incision is made with 15 blade knife, deliberately dividing the constriction band. Once the incision is made bloody edematous fluid will ooze out and this can be sponged. Following the dorsal slit the foreskin swelling promptly comes down and becomes easy to fully reduce the paraphimosis. A total reduction of paraphimosis has to be accomplished to obtain satisfactory results. At the end of the procedure one will notice that the incision that was made is now on the tip of the foreskin which has been reduced fully. Appropriate saline dressings are given for a few hours and patient can return to full normal activity.

8. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

That's a curious procedure....

Wouldn't that leave you with a kind of Wrap Around Skirt effect?

Seems to me a loose floppy flange of flesh would be far more prone to tearing or other injury.... would it not?
    Rather than retract to fit snugly around the shaft.... wouldn't it just fold backward over the shaft on insertion? And then flop back the other way when pulling out?

Or even act more strangely if the guy had a robust frenulum?

OR would it act like some kind of organic french tickler?

9. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    I expected much the same thing but it still retracts as a foreskin should. There was no flapping effect during intercourse with my fiance's dorsal slit.

Doesn't affect the frenulum at all. The dorsal reference is to the erect state so it's the top of the penis opposite the frenulum where the slit is made.

As to the wrap around skirt look, not quite. Depending on how long a slit is made it just looks like a Vee shape (In my ex's case it looked a bit like a tulip). I thought the points/tips of the Vee would be an issue when retracted but they pretty much disappeared, so no french tickler effect, either.

10. SouthboyUSA

SouthboyUSA New Member

If I were you I would not get the circumcision--I had it done and now I miss having it--There are times (many) that I see someone who is uncut and I like what I see--I really would try an alternative before having the surgery

11. Damian Walker

Damian Walker New Member

Well, I think it's good you're having the circumcision to cure you of all your foreskin woes. I had one done nearly 5 years ago and I do not regret it. I didn't have any problems with my foreskin - just fancied being circumcised.

Your doctor is right; it is very uncomfortable for the first 2 weeks. Expect some swelling (which can be considerable) and can take several weeks to completely go down. I had a gentle wank 18 days after the surgery and sex at five weeks even though the wound was not 100% healed! You will know when it is right for you to start playing with it again - if it hurts..... STOP! It is best to have some non-stick dressings to apply to the wound once the initial bandage is removed. This gives some added protection to the wound, keeps the sutures off your underwear and absorbs any blood or lymphatic fluid that might leak out. I would also advise you to wear tight briefs to immobilise your penis during the early healing. You want to keep the fella as still as possible - the more it dangles about, the more discomfort you will have.

It is not normal for a foreskin to be tight and BXO can lead to some nasty stuff. It really is best to have this done now and get on with the business of enjoying your penis.

Good luck and hope it all goes well.

12. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Interesting.
    Perhaps a happy medium for those who prefer to not be without.

As a woman, How is the aesthetics for you? Also, how does it work orally?

13. flying v

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Had mine clipped at age eighteen. I had no problems with my foreskin other than the fact that I wanted it removed. Trust me, you will not regret having the procedure done for one second. All this stuff you read about decreased sensitivity is bullshit. I know that for a fact. You will enjoy better hygiene and I guarantee you will get more head!

14. BIGDP

BIGDP Member

Albums:
    What does BXO mean?

I know someone who had it done as an adult, and he said he didn't regret it at all.

15. BIGDP

BIGDP Member

Albums:
    Never mind. Here's from Wikipedia.

Balanitis xerotica obliterans (BXO) is a dermatological (skin) condition affecting the male genitalia. It was first described by Stuhmer in 1928, though earlier reports describe what may have been the same condition.[1] BXO commonly occurs on the foreskin and glans penis.[2] Atrophic white patches appear on the affected area,[3] and commonly, a whitish ring of indurated (hardened) tissue usually forms near the tip that may prevent retraction.[2]

16. D_blc02jbv

D_blc02jbv New Member

Thanks a lot guys for all your replies.

Yeah, since I was 18 I've tried stretching but it didn't work. And I've already discussed it with my doctor and he said in order to clear up the BXO a dorsal slit would not work and a circumcision in inevitable. I have a pre-op appointment with my doc to discuss the details on 6 Jan (I guess to discuss how much skin to remove, how tight, etc) and the actual op on 8 Jan.

If I had it any other way I would have kept my foreskin, but hey, I want to get on with my life and finally get to be having sex again already!

17. D_blc02jbv

D_blc02jbv New Member

Thanks a lot guys for all your replies.

Yeah, since I was 18 I've tried stretching but it didn't work. And I've already discussed it with my doctor and he said in order to clear up the BXO a dorsal slit would not work and a circumcision in inevitable. I have a pre-op appointment with my doc to discuss the details on 6 Jan (I guess to discuss how much skin to remove, how tight, etc) and the actual op on 8 Jan.

If I had it any other way I would have kept my foreskin, but hey, I want to get on with my life and finally get to be having sex again already!

18. europeandude

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    dude!

please, do the photo documentation, make some pcs before and after op

19. gymfresh

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hmm, strange -- I had 2 friends (here in the US) whose doctors insisted that circ was the only way to clear up BXO, but my friends didn't buy it and did a lot of research on their own. Both ended up having different procedures that retained the foreskin, and the BXO cleared up really fast. One of the things that made them suspicious of the doctors' insistence on circumcision was that cut guys can (and do) get BXO, too -- and circumcision is not an option for them. So if it can be cleared up in other instances with, then there must be a way that uncut guys can avoid the snip to address it.

One friend had his procedure as a student in SoCal, and it went great. Now he's married and says everything works great. Just had a son 3 months ago who won't be cut.

20. vindicator

vindicator Member

Albums:
    It wouldn't hurt to do some research online before you consult as to how you want it done and what style. Best to go in able to have a knowledgable disscussion with the doc.

It sounds like you want only enough foreskin to be removed to correct the procedure. If i were you, i would leave as much skin as possible and ask the doctor to preserve your frenum. If it is removed entirely, you will definitely miss it.

Draft saved Draft deleted