circumcision as an adult

lycanross

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I to am going to the Dr. soon to have the procedure done and well have the utmost confidence that this is a good thing to do. I too have had such a painful experience over the last couple of years and have been to embarrassed to communicate this to my Dr.. So I will be glad to have the procedure done and will enjoy the end result. When it is all said and done I will have before and after pics posted as well as a description of the experience for me.

Last edited:

patreus

Sexy Member
Media
I was just cut in December, about a month ago. It was one of the best decisions of my life, I absolutely love it (see my post http://www.lpsg.org/116955-getting-cut-one-best-decisions.html )

While I did have some pain, I only had to take one percocet. Be prepared for it to look pretty gruesome when you first take of the bandage. Just know that it will get much, much better.

Buy some gauze and a lot of neosporin for when you first take off the bandage, as it probably won't be in good enough shape to go without any dressing for a while. I'm still putting on neosporin twice a day now to promote healing, and I'm about to start using Mederma to help take the scar down (Mederma is recommmended from my doctor).

It will be very swollen and it won't look right ... but just give it time and it should turn out just fine. Expect about a week to take off the original bandage, then about another two weeks of putting guaze around it every day. By about four weeks you should be healed enough to have sex and wear clothing without a bandage again.

Sirkumsised

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi - I wasn't cut until in my mid twenties. Within 2 weeks I was having greatly improved sex. If you want to know more please e-mail me: Sirkumsised@yahoo.com
I'll be very interested to hear how you get on.
RIC :smile:

hey guys new to the forums. i'm a 20 year old guy. all my life i've had tight foreskin and over the last two years it has develped into BXO phimosis :( and next week is finally the day i get circumcised. has anybody here been circumcised as adults? how was it? how long did it take to recover? my doc says that it'll just be uncomfortable for a couple of weeks, mainly because the shaft will be oversensitive with my underwear and stuff.

hope to hear from other guys!

hung15us

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I wasn't cut while young. It was later in life that I got cut (my choice) and it was the best thing I ever did. I had better sex and got feeling when I had sex. If you never had thy feeling of being cut then don't slam them that are. I was both with many years 45 uncut and I wish that I had done it when I was very young.

lycanross

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Well here it is now a day after my surgery and well the doc said for me to take the initial bandage off after the first 24hrs and the appearance of my fellow mate is rather enjoyable already. The pain is rather tolerable, but the sensation of it rubbing against my briefs, well lets just say I don't get up as fast or run if you know what I mean. Well I will be taking photos of the whole experience and placing them in my gallery as soon as I am done w/ this whole exp. Hope to receive much more encouragement from fellow adult cutters and some feedback as to how their/your experiences went.

Maleablestud

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well here it is now a day after my surgery and well the doc said for me to take the initial bandage off after the first 24hrs and the appearance of my fellow mate is rather enjoyable already. The pain is rather tolerable, but the sensation of it rubbing against my briefs, well lets just say I don't get up as fast or run if you know what I mean. Well I will be taking photos of the whole experience and placing them in my gallery as soon as I am done w/ this whole exp. Hope to receive much more encouragement from fellow adult cutters and some feedback as to how their/your experiences went.

Thank you for doing this so much. Considering this move myself, and all this feedback from other adults is massively helpful!

lycanross

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Your welcome I have found that the members of LPSG have a plethora of knowledge for those of us that are now experiencing the things in which they themselves have already gone through and will be more than happy to help us.

D_blc02jbv

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hey guys! Big news! The deed was performed! Today was the day of my surgery! I got cut this morning! Lets see... This was my first surgery experience ever so I was really nervous. Going into the operating room the anesthesiologist inserted an IV into my arm. I don't even remember when I went under, but when I woke up, I was already circumcised. The whole process took about an hour, but the recovery period took about two. I was out in time for lunch.

It was a little painful for the first few hours, even with all the Vicodin, but after an hour or so it was OK. Like lycanross, I will remove the bandage in 24 hours. I am also not supossed to shower for 72 hours. I also will not be allowed to swim for about three weeks, which sucks. Its also uncomfortable with all the rubbing against my underwear because it feels really sensitive.

If anyone has any other questions/comments, just ask!

hp6969

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I was cut at 26, and I STILL miss my skin over 26 years later. If your phimosis is so bad, then you need to have it removed, or at least trimmed so that you can have retraction. However, don't let anyone (Doctor, "doctor", friend, JO buddy, or otherwise) tell you what to do with your foreskin. That being said, the surgery itself wasn't a big deal, but the recovery was a pain in the cock! My surgeon told me to wear a jock packed with cotten after the surgery. WRONG!! It felt like I had nails stuck in my penis. Erections were really rough on the stitches, but I was ok after a month of not wearing pants.
Also, in my experience, sex without the skin IS different. Less sensation.

patreus

Sexy Member
Media
hp6969,

That's terrible that you have had such a bad experience. But, like I have said before, for me getting cut has been a tremendous positive. I really do think there is a huge amount of individual preference involved, so there is no "one size fits all," answer.

But, I'm going to post some information about where I got cut, how much it cost, etc., because I would like others to have that information. And if anyone ever has any questions on getting cut, I'd be happy to help you any way that I can.

----

I went to see Dr. David Cornell in Atlanta, Georgia, and yes it was entirely elective. It is possible to have your health insurance cover it but only for a valid medical reason (phimosis, etc.). I called and was able to set up an appointment just a couple weeks away.

Dr. Cornell charges $2500 for the procedure, and there are three prescriptions that you need to get that are about $80. (However, the only prescription that I really needed was the antibiotics. I only took one percocet immediately after the procedure, and I only used the anti-erection meds a couple of times. But everyone is different, so I would recommend getting them just in case.)

Now, if you don't live anywhere near Atlanta you also have to provide transportation. I live in the DC area and I found a round-trip, same-day flight from Dulles for just a little over $200. I took the MARTA train from the Atlanta airport to Dr. Cornell's office, which cost just a few dollars.

I understand that for people who don't live near Atlanta that it may seem too far, but I would recommend Dr. Cornell enthusiastically. He is a urologist, and has made adult circumcision sort of his specialty. (If you google Dr. Cornell you'll find his Adult Circumcision Center website and his yahoo group, which is where I found him.) Dr. Cornell has performed literally hundreds of circumcisions and can, I think, be considered one of America's top "circumcision experts," if you will.

He has a lot of before and after photos available, and there are plenty more on the yahoo group. I did a lot of research before I got it done, and I heard a lot of horror stories and saw a lot of terrible looking after pics. I think you can understand that I wanted my circumcision to come out as well as possible, and I really think Dr. Cornell was the right choice. I was in and out of his office in just over two hours and he and his staff are incredibly accommodating. Besides his skill behind the knife, the biggest benefit is that he will take a lot of time to figure out exactly what you are looking for and then try and give you that exact result. I don't think that you can find that kind of attention to detail in your run-of-the-mill urologist who hardly ever performs a circumcision.

So, that is why I chose Dr. Cornell and, as I said in my other posthttp://www.lpsg.org/116955-getting-cut-one-best-decisions.html, I am so happy that I did. I know that I sound like a plant from his office or something, but I'm just relaying my experience. To put it succinctly: I didn't want to fuck around with getting circumcised and I went to Dr. Cornell to make sure it went as well as it possibly could have. And it did.

lycanross

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Well it is now 2 days after the surgery and here are some pics. The head has now started to form the light shield to protect the gland the swelling has gotten slightly worse seance I started back to work with no recoup time. The only med that I was Given was the pain med and well the night time erections have woke me up twice over the last two days and well I am still glad that I had the procedure done. My ins. covered the procedure for me because of the savier tightning of my forskinl.

Attachments

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well it is now 2 days after the surgery and here are some pics. The head has now started to form the light shield to protect the gland

Very instructive photos; thanks for taking and sharing these.

What we usually call the head of the penis is the glans. Plural is glandes ("GLAN-deez").

D_blc02jbv

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So this is the day after my circumcision. It looks a little bit more swollen than lycanross's, but then again he's a day ahead of me. The night erections were particularly painful and I've been having a headache all day. Its really uncomfortable to walk but thankfully I don't have to work and my mom just brings me all my meals to my room.

lycanross

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Well here it is now the third day and while cleaning it, (I clean it twice daily once in the morning and once at night) I had a little bit of pre-cum which is explained considering its been three day seance my last jerking session. The night erections have started to get a lot worse and the swelling as well.

liberia

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I was cut when I was 41--wish I had it done 20 years earlier. Never once regretted it. I did not sleep for the first 3 days because as soon as I nodded off, I got an erection, but after that no problem. I managed to jack off on the 10th day--what a feeling! Don`t believe all the bullshit you hear-- mine is more sensitive now.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
I was circumcised as a baby. I still have some of the ridge band left (around 5 rings) and frenulum, and my glands is entirely covered when fully flaccid (my "softer" pics are not in a totally flaccid state). Also, when I jack off, my remaining foreskin gently glides over my gland during the forward stroke just like if I were uncircumcised. I could only imagine all the skin I would have hanging over my cock had I not been circumcised.

My point: I imagine that adult men can be circumcised just like I was circumcised as a baby,

D_blc02jbv

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Today is the second day since the surgery. There is still a lot of swelling and some stitches are sticking out. Is that OK? I'll call my doctor later about it.