circumcision as an adult

jerkitout

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
has anybody been circumcised as an adult? I've got a tight foreskin which makes sex that bit less pleasurable and thinking about getting the snip. plus i dont really like the sight of my overhanging foreskin! my concern is the healing process and how long i would need to take off work!

D_Alec_Baldtwins

Account Disabled
Media
I was circumcised as an adult, about 5 years ago. Your cock (except the head) is bandaged for 3-4 weeks, and you're pretty tender down there for 6-8 weeks. Any kind of sex is out for at least a month, at which point you pull out the remaining stitches (the doctor usually uses a self-dissolving suture material). The result doesn't look very nice at first - at takes several months of healing to really smooth out and start looking nice. Appearance continues to improve for 12-18 months, at which point I pretty much looked liked I'd been cut my whole life.

The pain really isn't a big deal. I only took a single pain pill on the first night, and that was just to help me sleep. It throbs a bit for the first few days, like a cut finger would - after that, you're just tender, and you don't want any pressure against your cock, or to hit it against anything by mistake. I had the surgery on a Monday, flew out that afternoon, and spent the rest of the week on a business trip, if that tells you anything. Unless you do heavy physical work, you'll need little if any time off.

BigGlansDC

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
has anybody been circumcised as an adult? I've got a tight foreskin which makes sex that bit less pleasurable and thinking about getting the snip. plus i dont really like the sight of my overhanging foreskin! my concern is the healing process and how long i would need to take off work!

I haven't because I was circumcised as a neonatal here in USA in 1949. I became very interested in circumcision in 2003 when I joined a Yahoo group called Circlist. There I discovered a wealth of information on adult circumcision.

Generally it takes perhaps a good three weeks to a month before your penis fully heals if you are circumcised as an adult. Doctors advise men who have had the procedure to restrain from masturbation and sexual intercourse for that length of time.

Now if you live in the UK, there is an urologist in London who performs circumcisions on adult men. His name is Dr Zuhair Zarifa. He is well regarded for his work.

Also google 'Circlist'. You will bring up the Circlist web site from which you can find a wealth of information on this subject. Also there you may find a list of doctors/urologists who perform adult circumcisions.

Hope this helps,

Thom./BigGlansDC

Last edited:

D_Miranda_Wrights

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Also google 'Circlist'. You will bring up the Circlist web site from which you can find a wealth of information on this subject. Also there you may find a list of doctors/urologists who perform adult circumcisions.

Circlist is probably one of the worst circumcision-related web sites in terms of selectivity of information and over-reliance on anecdotal information. There are some decent-ish pro-circumcision, medically-oriented web sites, but Circlist is not one of them. They even publish erotic circumcision fiction...

BigGlansDC

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Circlist is probably one of the worst circumcision-related web sites in terms of selectivity of information and over-reliance on anecdotal information. There are some decent-ish pro-circumcision, medically-oriented web sites, but Circlist is not one of them. They even publish erotic circumcision fiction...

Then can you cite some of these web sites for us? Thanks!

D

deleted257218

I'd suggest you think hard if this is really what you want. You don't want to make snap decisions on something that you will have to live with for the rest of your life. There are other solutions.

D_Miranda_Wrights

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Here's some more medically germane advice:

1. There are more conservative treatments than circumcision that work almost as well, with fewer risks and less cost. The first resort is generally a topical cream mixed with gentle stretching exercises. The last resort (besides circumcision) is a surgery called preputioplasty.

2. If you do want to get circumcised, do think about the choice. It's a fairly safe procedure, although it is irreversible. The satisfaction numbers I've seen are something like 60% approve, 30% disapprove a few months post-op. That's obviously strongly approve, but 30% disapproval is fairly high for a consenting survey. I'm not advising against circumcision, just cautioning you to think it through and be sure you're committed before taking the plunge. Honestly, I would recommend trying the other options (short of the surgical one) first: They're cheap and I think this is a decision that's better-made when you know what you could have had.

B_duanculo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

is it tight because your cock is fat?

darkbond007

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was circumcised as an adult 7 years ago. My 3 points of advice for anyone wanting to be circumcised are:

1. Try stretching and steroid creams first. I did this for an entire year before I gave up on it however you should not be discouraged and should give it a shot. It works for some people.

2. If you get circumcised do your research. Plot out the type of circumcision you want. And most of all inform your doctor that you want to be awake for the surgery AND you want to retain all of your inner foreskin.

3. Look for a doctor who does the circumcision by sleeve resection so that you can instruct him where you want the two cuts to be. Preference would lean towards a cosmetic surgeon but any urologist who does his circumcisions via this method should be just as fine.

With this knowledge your satisfaction either way (retaining your foreskin or going ahead with the circumcision) will be extremely high.

MC1000

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I guees I fall into the 30%. Not that I am all that unhappy with the results, it was something that had to be done, but I just wish I had been told there were alternatives to try first.

someperson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

Are you talking about tightness below the Corona ridge? If so that can be stretched out in about a week.

That is how it took me, also doing it fixed my ED issue , EQ jumped significantly before I could only get to 7"x 6" semi-hard. Now it's so much better.

Last edited:

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
has anybody been circumcised as an adult? I've got a tight foreskin which makes sex that bit less pleasurable and thinking about getting the snip.
Find out more about it and you won't call it a "snip" again.
plus i dont really like the sight of my overhanging foreskin!
When you've got a hard-on, it usually stops overhanging. How much does that matter when you've got it where the sun doesn't shine?
my concern is the healing process and how long i would need to take off work!
Have some concern too about how it will affect the feel of sex. That will last long after the healing is over.

Dcell

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Made the mistake of my life having it done. hurt like hell !!! and if you think you are going to have sex in the next 6 months good luck..... skin can always stretch just work on it. there are some good methods and instructions out there dont cut it... God made you that way

Gramme

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I am an adult and circumcised recently Jan 2012) (I am a white English man). Thought about it for years then finally had it done on impulse. Which took a lot of nerve believe me, and some money because it was done privately. I had a tight foreskin and frenulum and tried to stretch these parts over a long period of time. That does not work. Most men do not have this problem, it simply does not affect them. As for smegma buid up under the foreskin.That is only attributable to general dirtiness and not bathing properly or regularly.
The circumcision was done under a local anaesthetic very professionally. I did not look as the surgeon worked. It was painful afterwards. I took various over the counter painkillers. What was unavoidable was nocturnal erections. The doctor said the erection would subside if it was uncomfortable. Well it did not. I was having to get up several times a night to cause the thing to go down. The first week was awful. then i took the first bandage off on my own. That was awful. The next week bandages changed every day. That was not so bad. After two weeks the cut was vanishing and I am now more normal. But you cannot have sex for at least six weeks or longer. That is not a problem. The worst part was removing the stitches on my own. I meticulously followed and reread the instructions and the directions about hygiene. After circumcision i feel much better and wish it was done when i was a teenager. Really it shows how much interest in the Uk there is in male health issues that young men are not given awareness of this issue and can get help and advice if the problem arises. A tight foreskin can really ruin any hope of normal sexual relatations straight or gay.
I feel much confident in myself now. What was amusing was the surgeon asking me if wanted a long or medium or tight circumcision. Apparently there is a choice. He advised a medium style. Most childhood circumcisions seem give no option and they end up with a tight circumcision whatever happens.They say you can go back to work directly after circumcision. Well you could, but not if you have a strenuous job. I would not advise that. Whether the circumcision was worth it or not remains to be seen. On a vulgar note my member amazes me now and wants to present itself at the oddest times and for long periods. I have to seriously think of something else to make it behave itself. No really it is not a problem