Circumcision does NOT stop HIV transmission in US men

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Terminating studies early is VERY common when the results are so obvious. It's unethical to do otherwise.
Well then the Orange Farm group displayed what I'll call chameleon ethics: During the study they withheld the HIV+ test results from the participants. Allowing those whom the tests found to be pos to continue banging away without knowing their new status. Apparently, those researcher's ethics changed to suit their purposes ... chameleon ethics.

B_Marius567

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why are you upset that your brother has "aides" (assistants)?

It's like that South Park episode where Jared said that all kids should get aides.

Methinks you might want to look in a dictionary...:tongue:

nope he has HIV Aids!!!! he may got it back in 1984 when he needed blood :(

and he had sex with alot of women and they all had to tested

all he wants to do is smoke drink and have sex :(:(

SwingDriver

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Circumcision seem like a drastic measure when daily washing (as is customary in the US, and perhaps less so in Africa and "developing" nations) appears to achieve the same end. Invariably, the cleanliness factor is conveniently ignored in these HIV-AIDS "studies" that propagandize the circumcision agenda.

What these so-called studies are really telling men in such places: Wash your dicks!

D

deleted15807

Orange Farm...Red Farm...Purple Farm. The results you would never accept anyway. Why did you even bother looking it up?

B_Just Joe

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Link

This pretty much confirms that circumcision has no value in the prevention of HIV transmission. It will be interesting to see how those African studies hold up under the spotlight. Something tells me they're not worth the paper they're printed on.

Who the fuck thought it did!?

whootang

Experimental Member
Media
Circumcision seem like a drastic measure when daily washing (as is customary in the US, and perhaps less so in Africa and "developing" nations) appears to achieve the same end. Invariably, the cleanliness factor is conveniently ignored in these HIV-AIDS "studies" that propagandize the circumcision agenda.

What these so-called studies are really telling men in such places: Wash your dicks!

I dunno, if it was me in Africa, I'd probably be a touch more concerned with eating.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The shame of it all! :frown1: Does your Rebbe know you are anti-circumcision? :confused:

LOL, no dear, I'm not anti-circ at all. I'm not pro-circ. I'm pro-choice. I believe that everyone should have the freedom to follow their own traditions.

In our tradition we circumcise. In Europe, generally, no. Live and let live, I say.

B_josiah852

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
That's right uncut. It is a matter of personal choice. I personally like what I have and I am sure that most cut's like what they have, and I don't really care what another has: cut or uncut: clean is best.

This topic is oh so tiresome. Its like a metal fart. Cut or Uncut. Its a personal choice. Leave it at that.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm pro-chice for individuals.

Yes and you are anti-choice for groups of people who don't share your distorted viewpoint. Forcing others to live by your rules was something that was fashionable in the 1930s in Central Europe and was in fashion in Eastern Europe for some time afterward. And it's still fashionable in other parts of the world.

When a group of people decide what's best for another group of people we call that oppression.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am anti-chico for those who believe they are entitled to override or pre-emt other people's most personal chioces. You say that's a distorted attitude, so be it. I do not appreciate the insinuation that this is somehow associated with naziism and think that is a low blow that reveals the weakness of your arguments.

Bigbrian9

Sexy Member
Media
Oakland i California (California, United States)
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The USA has a higher rate of HIV than Europe where only Muslims and Jews circumcise. It is more of a behavior thing and access or willingness to take precautions for "safer sex" as they call it. Perhaps American men don't like condoms as "It doesn't feel as good" whereas an uncut European man has more sensitivity and doesn't mind a little less or is more aware of the risks due to better sex ed and schools handing out condoms. Abstinence only is sticking one's head in the sand. People are people. So we have more teen pregnancy here than in European countries despite behavior being about the same or even that Europeans have more sex as they are less puritanical.
Comparing Americans to Africans rather than others with similar genetics, economics, access to medicine and hygiene is like comparing apples to oranges. In any non-biased study one has to have two groups that are as alike as possible except the one thing being studied. They used to do a lot of studies of Japanese-Americans vs. Japanese nationals as that worked great. Now there are more Eurasians here, Japanese-Americans marry other Asians and so on. And in such a study that is good only for those with pure Japanese genes. Disease studies are very specific to genetics, socio-economics, educational background and gender else it biases the study and makes it worthless. Prosperous Americans are healthier and live longer than poor people. A rich white on average lives a decade longer than an impoverished Black in the US. US Blacks in turn outlive most Africans by a decade or more. They have better food, better medicine, access to clean water and better hygiene. Not knowing that one is diabetic or has hypertension (high blood pressure) is dangerous and sometimes deadly.
The French and Japanese smoke like chimneys but get less lung cancer with the same amount of cigarettes a day than an American. Why? Perhaps green tea and red wine help prevent it but studies are still pending.
Women react very differently to HIV infection than men and have different symptoms of the same illnesses so now they have to study both sexes for things like heart attacks, drug reactions and so on.
The USA has plenty of money to invent better ways to kill people (the military) but just try to get money for health research or public health. There is damned little.

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. People can lie using bad statistics.