Circumcision for cosmetic or social reasons

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Jory, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Jory

Jory New Member

Has anyone got any experience of getting cut in UK for cosmetic or social reasons? A mate of mine is thinking about getting cut to please his Nigerian gf who says all the men in her family are cut. Apparently circumcision is standard issue in Nigeria and usually done soon after birth.

2. TinyPrincess

Gold Member

Albums:
    Geez, he must really be in love (or lust).

Why should he follow her native countrys culture instead of UKs? Would he let his own son be cut as well?

3. Matt Cohen

Matt Cohen Member

I was cut aged 16 in the UK. There was no medical problem with my foreskin so I guess you could call it cosmetic.
    No big deal, I much prefer my penis circumcised. I certainly don't feel it's affected my sexual pleasure and girls have all told me they like the look of circumcised penises.
    There are a very few men who complain about being circumcised, saying it reduces their sensitivity, but they are only a very small minority, most I think having being circumcised as a baby so in reality have nothing to compare it with.
    I had it done at a private clinic and of course had to pay for it as you cannot have it done on the NHS unless there is a medical problem such as phimosis.
    Good luck to your mate if he decides to have it done.

4. yarraman

yarraman New Member

A friend of mine had a circumcision at age 23 , because his boyfriend wanted it, but now he regrets having it done, especially since the relationship is over.
    He says his knob is a lot less sensitive and hates the scar and having to use lube to masterbate, so your friend needs to put some thought into it, especially to make another person happy.
    He may regret it.

5. BlackSunshineAZ

Tell her to get breast implants then, as that's standard issue in the U.S. :tongue:

6. liberia

liberia New Member

Albums:
    I was cut at age 41 in London. No regrets. Message me if you want to know anything.

7. Hellboy0

Gold Member

Albums:
    That's what I've been saying to folks forever on this site, but no one listens.

8. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

That's going to go really well when the relationship ends. Is there a quid pro quo? What's she willing to lose?

Stupid.

9. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    In Nigeria, half of the people there are Islamic. There is absolutely no reason for him to get cut just because the men in her family are, unless he's also planning to convert to Islam. They are cut because of their religion. I always thought they did this around the age of 12 or 13, but a Yemeni friend told me he was cut when he was just over a year old. His scar is really weird. He showed it to me when I asked him more questions about whether they took all, or just some of his foreskin and he didn't know the answer. I have never seen a scar like his. But anyway, his was a partial circumcision.

So. Does she want him to convert to her religion, or is just the body modification enough?

10. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Jory, here's what your friend's girlfriend is asking:

Pictures of adult circ

I realize that she wouldn't think of it like this, but that just shows her ignorance. I actually work with a guy from Nigeria. We talked about it one time and he said, "what would I do with a foreskin?" That's the level of ignorance you are dealing with. A lot better for your mate to find a new girlfriend if you can't educate her. One can always get a new girlfriend, but you can't get a new dick if you don't like what you've done with it.

11. B_FrenuLes

B_FrenuLes New Member

Where are the adult circ photos?

12. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

13. matt121matt121

Gold Member

Albums:
    I can't imagine how your friend feels, modifying his dick for his boyfriends wishes and then the relationship ending.

With my first boyfriend he wanted me to get a recirc since my circ is loose and I have some skin covering the head when soft, which he would complain about at times, luckly our relationship ended for other reasons before I had much chance of getting serious about his request, in
    retrospect I think he was just jealous that I had some skin as his circ was totally tight.

14. Qua

Qua
    Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm not vehemently anti-circumcision by any means. I consider myself too uninformed to really muster a valid opinion on the legitimacy or ethical concerns of routine infant circumcision or the confusing, vast body of data regarding circumcision's effects.

However, I don't need that to say that getting a knife taken to your dick or any other body part for a committed but not permanent nor guaranteed relationship is very stupid. Tell him to ask her to get plastic surgery in whatever areas of her appearance he doesn't find quite up to snuff in the sense of ideal appearance, but obviously finds acceptable enough to date the person bearing them. No, don't really tell him to tell her that, because that would lead to a huge fight, one which could end some relationships. In which case it'd be dumb to undergo an irreversible procedure, no?

15. Viking_UK

Gold Member

I think modifying your body to suit your partner is probably not a good idea - yes, diet and lose a few pounds or start working out - but when it comes to irreversible changes, I'd say no.

I remember years ago speaking to a friend who'd given up smoking for his new partner. The first thing he did when they split up was to start smoking again. I know it's not on the same scale, but if you change your life or your body, do it because you want to, not because someone else asks you to.

As one of the other posters said, it's a hell of a lot easier to get a new gf than it is to regrow a foreskin. If he refuses to get cut and she dumps him because of that, it's probably a sign that she'd have dumped him somewhere along the line anyway and then he'd be left with no gf and no foreskin. She should be willing to accept him as he is.

I'm sure if your friend told his gf to have something nipped, tucked or enlarged, she'd probably have quite a lot to say about that. It seems that these days it's OK for a woman to tell a man to change to suit her, but God forbid that he should want to change anything about her.

Draft saved Draft deleted