Circumcision in the UK

Matt Cohen

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Just wondering how many guys from the UK have been circumcised either as children or adults ?

I am circumcised and know I'm in a minority in the UK - my guess is around 80% have a foreskin, 20% are cut.

If you are circumcised, what have been your experiences of girlfriends / boyfriends when they realise you don't have a foreskin.
Also, how do you feel when naked in front of other guys (gym showers or pissing at urinals).

I love being circumcised and would recommend it (even though I know I'm in a minority).

If you are a UK cut guy, do you prefer it, wish you weren't or not bothered ?

Reactions: coffinhack

huw ginnit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There are a lot of reasons why English men aren't circumcised, I think for the majority of the population, which is by definition the working classes, who are typically Anglican, and aren't compelled to circumcise their children, it was just another expense after birth- an expense at the end of the pregnancy a period when the income which a mother might bring in with home work might have dropped of entirely; seems crazy but it's more true than it sounds.

I know that it isn't very PC to say either but the anti-semitic sentiments of the UK until the end of WWII, (and many might argue after that) were pretty fierce and widespread, and anything with a "Jewish" association, which might cast doubt on the families background would be shunned. It was only the holocaust awareness following the war which changed the attitudes of many "ordinary people".

Anyone got any other ideas?

dickthrobbing

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Well I like being part of the 6% .......... now it was a bit different when I was kid, I was circumcised when I was about 4 I think I had a very tight foreskin that was causing me a problem or at least my mum bathing me :eek:

But i can remember feel a little bit self conscious when I was in the changing rooms at school. My experience in adulthood is very different all the sex partners I have had see it as being much more hygienic so getting a blow job has often been a oooooooooo clean mmmmmmmmmm slurp :biggrin1:

I guess it is something I have not memory of I am 100% cut so I really don't know if I am missing anything.

Why is it not so common in the UK it could be more to do with the National Health Service (NHS) as apposed to the private health care in the USA for an operation to be done under the NHS a Doctor has to demonstrate a medical need to justify spending public money

Ascyltos

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
QUOTE=huw ginnit;I know that it isn't very PC to say either but the anti-semitic sentiments of the UK until the end of WWII, (and many might argue after that) were pretty fierce and widespread, and anything with a "Jewish" association, which might cast doubt on the families background would be shunned. It was only the holocaust awareness following the war which changed the attitudes of many "ordinary people".

Anyone got any other ideas?[/QUOTE]

Huw, I disagree with you that anti-semitism was as “widespread” as you suggest in Britain. Jews have been welcome in Britain for hundreds of years. Indeed, many, along with other religions, fled persecution to live here. London and other major cities have a history of different communities living side by side trading their skills for mutual benefit and flourishing. Britain was known as a safe haven for many.

There have always been small minded, inadequate individuals who seek their identity by hating anyone different - whether it be for being Jewish, black, gay or having knocked knees or ginger hair. Life is tough if you choose to make your own way in life away from a dominant herd.

However, anti-semitism was never national policy. My Jewish friends often talk about how their ancestors survived because they came to live here.

As far as circumcision in Britain is concerned, I think it has more to do with class than anti-semitism. Circumcision was widely promoted over the last century amongst the middle and upper classes. My boarding school apparently had a tradition of encouraging circumcision, although I am uncut. Prince Charles is circumcised.

huw ginnit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Britain has always accepted people if it is for Britain's benefit... Jews, West Indians, Poles. Always has; always will. Just wait for the surge of Romanians waiting to get in when granted EU status, they'll come, they will certainly come. And we'll accept them, Papers like the Mail and the Mirror will decry the jobs lost to immigrant workers, but we'll take their taxable income.

My ancestors chose to come here too. But I have heard stories from eldery relatives that reinforce the idea of racism with a small r vented against them with startling regularity... Negative discrimination on a daily basis is just as painful as outright offensive behaviour. It might not have been policy, but it was perpertrated by the man in the street. Whether in London,or Manchester, despite living in large communities of other Jewish families.

Perhaps "Class" is a point of example; but then that balances out what I said, the average family didn't circumcise as they couldn't afford to. The parents who can afford to send their children to Boarding School, could probably afford a minor operation. Don't you think?

One last point, I asked the question because I seriously wonder what people's ideas are.

Londonfields

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
this idea that circumcision was somehow affected by whether people were pro- or anti-Jewish is just bollocks. i was cut. nothing to do with my parents being, what, anti-anti-semitic? they just had some crazy idea it was more hygenic or something. damned shame, as far as im concerned. no doubt about it, being cut reduces the sensation...

Riven650

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd always liked the look of a cut cock so when I was 30 I got my doctor to refer me to a surgeon for circumcision. It isn't as neat a scar as those done as infants, but it's ok. I have always been very pleased with the result. The women in my life have liked it too, although, to be honest, I don't think most women care whether you're circumcised or not - so long as you keep it clean.

Ascyltos

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Perhaps "Class" is a point of example; but then that balances out what I said, the average family didn't circumcise as they couldn't afford to.

Yes, it does. The false notion that circumcision was cleaner and therefore superior to the dirty uncircumcised working class.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well I think most people in the UK:

Aren't very religious
Follow the ethos 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'
'There's nothing wrong with what you were given'...unless of course its something deforming or serious etc.

Also...if a circumcised penis really was 'God's' design, why wouldn't he have just created us without that annoying flap of skin? :rolleyes:

To the OP: There is a 'rumour' that one of my friends is circumcised. And out of the 100 or so males I know, he is probably the only one who is cut.

Big Del

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was cut at the age of 11-12 as my foreskin was so tight and my cock relatively so they were worried I might end up doing myself a nasty injury as puberty really kicked in

As to the difference - yeah a lot of UK guys are not cut - but so what on the basis that I was black and bigger than most anyway people were gonna stare or comment whther I was cut or not

Have to say it did not impact me one way or the other - now I quite like it - not sure if I have lot sensation or not

US ladies I have known dont seem to like uncut cocks, UK ladies dont seem to care as long as it is big and hard!

As to the other stuff - no country is perfect and I know that there are many haters in the UK of Jews, Gays and Blacks, but for the most part the UK is a lot more tolerant and accepting than many countries

Peace and Love
Del

Reactions: Asch

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it's about 10% but a good deal of those 10% are Jewish or Islamic. Like SLB of my male friends and female friends partners and any of their children so far as I know none of them are circumcised, apart from friends who are Jewish or Islamic.

I think it's highly unlikely that Prince William is circumcised, if he was to have been it would have been done when he was a baby.

Matt Cohen

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I was circumcised when I was 16 (4 years ago). My Dad is Jewish but my Mum isn't. They chose not to have me circumcised as a baby but to let me choose when I was older.
My foreskin had grown quite long so I was really glad to get it removed.

I can assure guys who were cut at birth that they are not missing out on anything by not having a foreskin. Sure, you don't have the option of rolling skin backwards and forewards over your helmet, but the feeling of having your helmet permanently exposed more than compensates. In fact, my helmet has been much more sensitive since being circumcised and gives me lots of sensation during sex and when wanking.
In fact I sometimes get an erection while running or playing sport due to my helmet rubbing against my shorts / clothing etc.

I would certainly recommend circumcision. Whenever I have a son, I shall definitely have him circumcised.

My brother is 15 and he now wants to be circumcised as well.

To be honest it's probably better to have it done as a baby as it heals up quicker. On saying that, after the first couple of days is soreness it soon healed up - just couldn't wank for a couple of weeks. I've more than made up for it since though !!

I don't get why some circumcised guys want to "restore" their foreskin. The glans (helmet) is the most sensitive part - why would you want to cover it up ?

Reactions: Aliban and Asch

Ascyltos

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I don't get why some circumcised guys want to "restore" their foreskin. The glans (helmet) is the most sensitive part - why would you want to cover it up ?

That is interesting Matt.

Was your frenulum completely removed? (This is an extremely sensitive area - many would say the MOST sensitive).

preeman36

Expert Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm London born and bred and cut. I don't think its just jews and muslims who are cut. I'm black and a lot of the black community are cut also but its not something thats really talked about that much so a lot of people don't know.

And yeah it is better to be done when you're a baby.

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

You're young, wait until you hit your mid thirties and you'll understand why being circumcised is a big mistake. Having the foreskin exposed means loss of sensation over time.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
They'd want to cover it up to keep that sensitivity, a lot of men who've been circumcised lose the sensitivity of the glans, if somethings constantly rubbing on it it toughens up.