Circumcision in the UK

youngthirdleg

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yes I think it is more of a class thing. I have noticed more posh boys are cut, having dated one myself, its probably to do cleanliness, the masterbation theory and that their fathers are too and yes they would be able to afford it…I'm not sure whether you can get free circumcision on the NHS if its for unmedical reasons?

Reactions: hantsrob and CJF88

Astro

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My mother died 20 years ago. I wish she was still alive sometimes.....so I could give her hell. I was cut. I don't recall anybody asking me as a baby- I am the one who has to live with it, and frankly I would rather I was as nature intended me to be! It was done for supposedly 'religious' reasons, but why they let lose a probably untrained maniac with a knife on a baby I cannot imagine. In my 60s, I am angrier about it than ever. I feel I am missing a LOT of sensitivity and looseness that I would really rather have back. I think the failure of the brave German attempt to outlaw is a disgrace, but nowadays there are certain religions immune from any regulation.

I would say to anybody considering it for their children....it is not your decision! Nature makes us for certain functions- don't tamper! When we think we know better, we get bitten. It's as uncivilised as female genital mutilation. This is male mutilation on a widespread scale that should be banned unless for medical reasons only. I hate it. Despite the mother escaping her comeuppance, I am glad I had time to take revenge on the father- a complete idiot! If that sounds to you very bitter, remember when you decide if your descendants should be done, and do all you can to stop your family continuing this ghastly tradition!

Reactions: hantsrob

cliftoncock

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
unmedical circumcision has been availible on the NHS since it's creation in 1948.
good thing too! my father (born 1926) was cut for reasons of class and predudice, he spared me that.

hantsrob

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I was born in 1943 in a middle class environment. I was cut at birth. As were almost all my mates. At private boarding scholl I would estimate that at least 75% were cut. We had competitios between the roundheads and cavaliers. We felt sorry for the cavaliers. They always lost!
The ladies in my life all expected me to have been cut and were pleased to find my neat circumcision. Surprisingly despite the wives declared preference for a cut cock, most did not have their sons cut. I think the dads would have liked them circumcised but the wives, who rule the roost, did not want to put their beloved sons through the pain of circumcision

Reactions: orangeC

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
I was born in 1943 in a middle class environment. I was cut at birth. As were almost all my mates. At private boarding school I would estimate that at least 75% were cut. We had competitions between the roundheads and cavaliers. We felt sorry for the cavaliers. They always lost!

Curious - because on October 15, 2008 you said:
I was born in UK when most middle class guys were circumcised. For some reason I was not. I have always preferred the cut look and have kept my foreskin pulled back for 30 years.

Seems contradictory to me.

UK, cut aged 21 due to recurring BXO/LS and being tired of using steroid ointments on and off to control flare ups. I'd say it's not that common at all, at least not in the North/Scotland. I know of a mate who was done due to phimosis and I occasionally spot a bare headed one at the gym, though it's hard to tell if it's circumcised, or just keeping it skinned back. No one I slept with so far was too fussed about it, with only one comment coming from a more mature lady (50ish) mentioning it looks very neat. I asked her about it and she admitted she's seen her fare share of cut ones. I suppose it used to be more common 50+ years ago then, given her age. As for younger folk, it is not something that is ever brought up. I've no idea what must have gone through the heads of some of the people who have been up close with my penis in regards to my circumcision status, and I never felt it appropriate to ask, but it is a thought I sometimes entertain.

Curious - because on October 15, 2008 you said:

Seems contradictory to me.
I’m curious. You know, I watched a video where Patrick Stewart thought he was circumcised until his wife or girlfriend at the time made him aware that he wasn’t. The video is on YouTube somewhere.

I don’t know his situation but I’ve been trying to figure out whether I was truly circumcised for a long time. I believe I was. I was born 3 months premature and can’t accept that I would have been circumcised 10 days after birth. I don’t even know how they could circumcise something that small.

When you grow up believing something all of your life, it would be difficult to believe or even see otherwise.

If you look back you might see some of this flipping in my own posts.

I’m curious. You know, I watched a video where Patrick Stewart thought he was circumcised until his wife or girlfriend at the time made him aware that he wasn’t. The video is on YouTube somewhere.

I don’t know his situation but I’ve been trying to figure out whether I was truly circumcised for a long time. I believe I was. I was born 3 months premature and can’t accept that I would have been circumcised 10 days after birth. I don’t even know how they could circumcise something that small.

When you grow up believing something all of your life, it would be difficult to believe or even see otherwise.

If you look back you might see some of this flipping in my own posts.

It's interesting that some guys may genuinely not know - especially if it is a very loose circumcision, or some other surgery, such as a dorsal slit.

In any case, I highly doubt anyone in their right mind would circumcise someone who was 3 months premature. You look intact to me.

Reactions: DildoShwaggins

It's interesting that some guys may genuinely not know - especially if it is a very loose circumcision, or some other surgery, such as a dorsal slit.

In any case, I highly doubt anyone in their right mind would circumcise someone who was 3 months premature. You look intact to me.
I agree about the premature thing. Look intact, I restore. I honestly see what I think is a circ scar, conditioning is strong. It looks like one.

Why would you say especially when loose? I’ve always been “loose.” For a while I thought also, maybe dorsal slit or some other surgery. Even a birth defect known as aposthia.

I agree about the premature thing. Look intact, I restore. I honestly see what I think is a circ scar, conditioning is strong. It looks like one.

Why would you say especially when loose? I’ve always been “loose.” For a while I thought also, maybe dorsal slit or some other surgery. Even a birth defect known as aposthia.

I think part of your problem is that even uncut guys have a colour contrast between inner and outer skin, which may sometimes look like a scar. I for one had a noticeable line, which I believe is called the ridged band which kind of looked like a scar, but I know for sure that I was left intact, as I had a tight foreskin up until my early teens. So, in short, what looks like a scar to you is not necessarily one. The other side of it is that if you were in fact circumcised very loosely and early on, you would have retained most of your foreskin, and the resulting scar would have healed so well (due to the very young age), that it could very well look almost like an intact penis.

I also don’t even know at what stage it can be considered an actual circumcision as opposed to a symbolic one for whatever cultural or religious reasons. I’d say there is more of a difference between a very tight circumcision (almost no loose skin left - which I believe is what first comes to mind when you think of a circumcised penis), and a very loose circumcision, than there is between a very loose circumcision and not being cut at all.

You could in practice remove only a few millimetres of foreskin and you’d be hard pressed to tell that apart from an uncut penis, unless you look extremely closely and know what to look for. I am no expert, but I understand your concern, even if it is mostly the psychological burden of not knowing the truth when in fact not much has changed physically.

Reactions: DildoShwaggins

nick4zz

Cherished Member
Media
No it does not. A foreskin myth.

I can only go off friends who have had both. Consensus seems to be that they've had a loss of sensitivity, particularly during masturbation and getting head. However, I don't get the impression it's been a big problem.

Petrolhead89

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm cut. It was done when I was about 5 or 6 years old, and it was for medical reasons. It was so long ago and I was so young that I don't really know any different. I'm happy with what I have, and I don't have a preference on other guys either. Quite enjoy playing with an uncut dick as its different to mine!

Reactions: flyrye and krumpi