Circumcision in uk

cjfp18

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hi guys, i'm 23. Have been having problems with a tight foreskin for yeears. I have seen my doctor, and tried several different creams etc.. Nothing has worked. My doctor has now refurred me for circumcision though the NHS. I am a bit worried about the procedure, and don't know what to expect. I know i need to be circumcised, but would like to here from guys that have gone through it...

Btw, i don't mind being circumcised .

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Got three words for you.
Tea tree oil.
It's a chronic yeast infection. You, and any partner would need to be treated.
What you can expect from a circumcision is losing about 60% of the nerves of your penis.
Once the yeast is taken care of, stretching with the fingers will cure the tightness, in 6-8 weeks.

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yeast infection? A tight foreskin is the result of a yeast infection? I never heard of such a thing.

If a Dr in the UK (not known for promoting circumcision in the first place) recommended it after several attempts at relieving the tightness/pain than I'd say go for it. I'd ask the Dr for another opinion or see another urologist before doing anything. I'd also have PRIVATE conversations with guys who might have gone through the same procedure for the same reasons. Then make your decision.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hi guys, i'm 23. Have been having problems with a tight foreskin for yeears.

A tight foreskin or a tight frenulum?

Pathologic preputial stenosis (adult phimosis) isn't that common, but a snug foreskin is. Some like it, some don't. It's a myth that all foreskins retract on their own; in fact, most don't. The general rule is that if you can retract when soft, to clean and rinse the glans, and sex isn't uncomfortable, there's nothing to fix. That having been said, it's always valid for an adult to opt for circumcision if it's something you want, just like a tattoo or an earlobe gauge.

Frenulum breve is an altogether different status that cause some men to conclude they have a tight foreskin, given its tendency to impede retraction. But again, f.b. is a naturally-occurring phenomenon and not a problem for most men who have it. If it interferes with hygiene, masturbation or intercourse, there's the option to go for a frenuloplasty, a complete frenotomy, or a circumcision. If your issue is frenulum breve, then it's to be expected that steroid creams would be of little use. There are ways to stretch the frenulum, but it's usually much easier to get a V-notch in it to increase range of movement for the foreskin.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

ruggerkit28

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
A mate (not a bf) suffered from a tight foreskin for years and he got cut a couple of years ago. says sex is now great, wish he got cut at 15.

see a urologist, discuss the various options (i would go for leaving a bit of foreskin, but then I love foreskins), then go for it.

Recovery is painful, especially dealing with morning woodies, for 2-3 weeks. He had the first (very careful) wank in the 3rd week, then full on sex after about 6 weeks.

darkbond007

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Saying its a yeast infection isnt conclusive. To the OP: Go to a urologist.

I was circumcised 8 years ago and I couldnt be happier. Wish I was circumcised at birth. When done right a circumcision is GREAT!

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A chronic yeast infection? Seriously? He said he has been to the doctor. Do you think a medical doctor would not be able to diagnose a yeast infection?

LetsGo2007

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Have you tried stretching exercises? May take time but it can work. But if you don't want to do that then do what you have to do.

london_bi

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
One of my mates got cut a few years back in his mid 20s (by the NHS).

The recovery took a while (he couldn't wear pants/trousers for a while so was dressing gown bound at home) but he's fighting fit and able now and enjoying and putting it to plenty of use based on what he says.

Good luck.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
A chronic yeast infection? Seriously? He said he has been to the doctor. Do you think a medical doctor would not be able to diagnose a yeast infection?

You would not believe the percentage of doctors who miss a yeast infection.
How many guys in the US have a doctor recommend a circumcision, when all they need is an anti-fungal or an antibiotic? The answer is, a lot more than you would think.

buffaloboy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
You would not believe the percentage of doctors who miss a yeast infection.
How many guys in the US have a doctor recommend a circumcision, when all they need is an anti-fungal or an antibiotic? The answer is, a lot more than you would think.

Can you explain how a yeast infection would inhibit retraction of the foreskin?

darkbond007

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You're not saying it's superior, right? No doubt you'll agree that an intact penis that functions as its owner likes is also GREAT!

I'm not looking for a debate on anything and nowhere in my sentence did I say anything was superior. Please use one of the other two dozen topics to bash your opinion into someones head or just leave me out of it.

Back to the point of the thread. Get a second opinion. If circumcision is still recommended do your research before diving in. If you can get the stretching to work for you then that would be a first option. Circumcision should be on the table as an option but you want to relegate it as a last resort so that if it does come to that at the very least you know you tried everything.

I dont believe doctors miss yeast infections to be honest. It is a VERY visible diagnosis.

xenon-naturist

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hi guys, i'm 23. Have been having problems with a tight foreskin for yeears. I have seen my doctor, and tried several different creams etc.. Nothing has worked. My doctor has now refurred me for circumcision though the NHS. I am a bit worried about the procedure, and don't know what to expect. I know i need to be circwumcised, but would like to here from guys that have gone through it...

Btw, i don't mind being circumcised .

What's your worry ? If your mate is going to do the cut (as you noted a while back) he should be able to deal with your questions. Key thing is to decide how tight a cut you want, best way of letting him measure up is by getting hard so he can see how big you are when erect - he'll be handling your cock in the operating theatre so there's nothing to worry about there. Probably worth asking him about his status too, whether he is cut or not and how tight he is. clearly he will be fully clothed in a medical setting but it might help put your mind at rest if you could say go swimming and shower naked together afterwards. generally recommended to at least trim your pubes too in advance of the op, though full shave not needed. if you are going to go for it, just do it, 2 years is too long to delay and the worry wont go away

Hi guys, i really don't want to start so kind of debate!!
A mate of mine is a recently qualified surgeon, and has asked me if i'd like to be curcumsised free of change etc??.

What do i do?? Yes or no??

Last edited:

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
If you don't object to the circ and you have some time to take for a little healing after the fact, then the circ is probably the answer for you. The main thing is the quality of the surgeon in this procedure. If they cut too tightly without leaving a tiny "bit of slack" then you will be less satisfied with the final outcome. A badly done circ can leave behind scars that cause other problems and the MD's or "weenie whackers" never fess up to the blame and it is always "your" fault.

I was the victim of a bad circ, and though I am not against circ if there is medical need, I also support a real close evaluation and a great deal of dialog between yourself and the person holding the scalpel. This is one cut that for the most part you can't reverse.

Medical need. . . yes, but, be careful and really check out the guy before not after. . . .

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yeast infection? A tight foreskin is the result of a yeast infection? I never heard of such a thing.

Heaps of entries if you google "yeast infection phimosis".

I'm not looking for a debate on anything

If you saw anything about a "debate" in my post, you're projecting. Merely inquiring about your ebullient enthusiasm for a surgical operation. :rolleyes:

I didn't know it when I replied to him, but the OP has been posting basically the same question and the same "planning to get cut any day now" story over and over (and over) for the past 2 1/2 years. So maybe your answer was appropriate; looks like he just wants to talk about getting circumcised and appreciates the cheerleading.

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Have you tried stretching exercises? May take time but it can work. But if you don't want to do that then do what you have to do.
Only it isn't stretching, exactly; it's growth stimulated through tension. New cells actually form to relieve the tension - same as foreskin restoration, or when someone's earlobes grow under the weight of heavy earrings. So it takes longer than you might expect.

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I didn't know it when I replied to him, but the OP has been posting basically the same question and the same "planning to get cut any day now" story over and over (and over) for the past 2 1/2 years. So maybe your answer was appropriate; looks like he just wants to talk about getting circumcised and appreciates the cheerleading.
Not only that, but from the photos there doesn't look anything the matter with his cock or his foreskin. One picture shows it fully retracted with no sign of tightness.