circumcision in usa

hifzija

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Doboj (Republika Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Thus we can go to infinity. Most discussion theme in fact is personal-family decision.
Nobody can not refute the opinion of the other.
Facts are that circumcision is several thousand years old tradition,Jews and Muslims do it always,Americans do it about 100 years.Almost 70% african people are circumcised without religious reason.On the other side Latin-Americans and Europeans are never circumcised,except Bosnia and Turkey.
In this way we only can (personaly) agree or disagree with circumcision,Of course without insulting someone's feelings or tradition.

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
In my european opinion is huge violation of human rights. America should be ashamed of doing it!

America doesn't do it. Individual parents chose to have it done to their (usually) infant sons, for traditional, religious, or bogus medical reasons.

manzoni

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have often wondered if male circumcision is a primitive and subconscious way for societies to discourage homosexuality... ie the first experience a baby boy has of a man is an intense pain... just a thought though.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Thus we can go to infinity. Most discussion theme in fact is personal-family decision.
Nobody can not refute the opinion of the other.
Of course they can. Do you approve of female genital cutting, for example?

Facts are that circumcision is several thousand years old tradition,Jews and Muslims do it always,Americans do it about 100 years.Almost 70% african people are circumcised without religious reason.On the other side Latin-Americans and Europeans are never circumcised,except Bosnia and Turkey.
In this way we only can (personaly) agree or disagree with circumcision,Of course without insulting someone's feelings or tradition.
Tradition is not a valid reason to do harm to helpless children with permanent lifelong consequences.

We can fight more and more.But again it was parents decision.
We can`t do anything.
We can educate people out of their ignorance.

hifzija

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Of course they can. Do you approve of female genital cutting, for example?

Tradition is not a valid reason to do harm to helpless children with permanent lifelong consequences.

We can educate people out of their ignorance.

OK,maxcok. Thus we can go till infinity.
-You can not change my opinion ,I can not change your opinion about this.
No one can change someone's opinion.I personally do not approve female genital cutting,but it is my opinion, Some people approve this and do this thousands of years.

-Some people would not call it harm,because they do it for religious reason or for some traditions reason.You can not easily cancel one's tradition,look at baptism.
We do not have the right to judge on someone's religion or tradition.
Everything about this is personal (parents decision).

Last edited:

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
OK,maxcok. Thus we can go till infinity.
-You can not change my opinion ,I can not change your opinion about this.
No one can refute someone's opinion.
Of course they can.
I personally do not approve female genital cutting,but it is my opinion, Some people approve this and do this thousands of years.
Then maybe you should try to examine objectively why you approve of cutting the genitals of male children, but not females. What justifies one in your mind and not the other?

Some people would not call it harm,because they do it for religious reason or for some traditions reason.You can not easily cancel one's tradition,look at baptism.
Whether it's based in religion or cultural tradition does not negate a practice being harmful, this or any other. That's illogical. Sprinkling water or even full immersion baptism doesn't remotely compare to the permanent removal of a highly sensitive, functional, intimate body part from nonconsenting children. That's a ridiculous analogy.

We do not have the right to judge on someone's religion or tradition.
Everything about this is personal (parents decision).
Of course we have the right to judge barbaric practices based on nothing more than "tradition". Many advanced countries have outlawed female genital cutting, for example, religious or cultural "tradition" notwithstanding, including the US: U.S. Female Genital Mutilation Law. Being a parent does not give you the right to do any damn thing you want to your children, rather it obligates you to care for and protect them. Sometimes the law even sees fit to step in and make sure you don't harm your children.

I repeat:
How do you justify cutting the genitals of male children, while you disapprove cutting female children?
They're both based on "tradition". Can you offer any other justification?

Last edited:

hifzija

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I really do not wish to argue with you this way.I personally do not want to judge either of whose faith or tradition.With someone or something I might not agree,but I will not judge. If you want, go ahead (without me).

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
I really do not wish to argue with you this way.
I don't wish to "argue" either, but I think civilized debate is just fine. If you express an opinion here, you can expect someone with a different opinion might respond, and there's nothing wrong with that. This is not a forum where people are allowed to make pronouncements or speeches immune from being questioned or challenged.

I personally do not want to judge either of whose faith or tradition.With someone or something I might not agree,but I will not judge.
Yet it appears that you have no problem judging female genital cutting, which is also based on faith or tradtion. And just because one judges a particular practice, does not mean one is judging the "faith" that it's based in. That's a deflective argument.

If you want, go ahead (without me).
No, I was merely responding to the disconnect in your thinking, the absurd analogies and logical fallacies presented in your arguments, and your repetition of same even after they'd been discredited. If you are finished with the notion that children's bodies are the property of their parents to do whatever they will, that cutting female children is unacceptable while cutting male children is just fine, that "tradition" perfectly justifies cutting males, while "tradition" is not sufficient reason to cut females, and unless you can offer any other logical justification for this practice, I have nothing further to add.

Last edited:
D

deleted213967

I have often wondered if male circumcision is a primitive and subconscious way for societies to discourage homosexuality... ie the first experience a baby boy has of a man is an intense pain... just a thought though.

:confused::confused::confused:

manzoni

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
well a friend pointed out to me that the banning of certain foods in various religions was necessary simply because refrigeration had not been invented... avoiding these foods helped the culture survive. If circumcision found its way into this ethos too it would have been as a preventative step, again to help promote the survival of a primitive culture where heterosexuality was preferred over homosexuality. Our experience of circumcision is one of legacy from earlier cultures, and it is only now we are addressing both male and female circumcision and the acceptance of homosexuality. If we did not have this technology to communicate like this, I am sure it would still be seen as the norm for many more years to come... Either way it should be up to the child when they have grown up to decide how to have their bodies.