Circumcision may be illegal - Aust Law Insitute

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
No because you just took that out of context...You are trying to confuse others who come around and read this.
Out of context? It's four posts back.

I don't have any reason to confuse anyone. I advocate body integrity. What is confusing about that?

There's no such thing as a "right" to body modification. There is a right to security of person and protection from sexual assault. (Article 3 and article 5 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights ~ adopted December 10, 1948 by the General Assembly of the United Nations). More than sixty years ago.

There's all kinds of body modifications and "cosmetic" surgeries. I'm sure for the right amount of money a "doctor" will always be able to be found to perform plastic surgery, body mod, cosmetic surgery, breast augmentation, etc., etc. Affluent nations train plenty of practitioners. How would the end of RIC infringe on that?

darkbond007

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not arguing RIC with you.

I am entitled to circumcise my penis.

Now you want to take away my rights. Also...any type of circumcision cannot be classified as sexual assault. It never will be.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I'm not arguing RIC with you. <snip> Now you want to take away my rights.
You continue to conflate these two. They are obviously related in your mind. Please explain. :confused:
any type of circumcision cannot be classified as sexual assault.
It is a clear violation of security of person. From an infant perspective, what else can it be?

darkbond007

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You continue to conflate these two. They are obviously related in your mind. Please explain.

I dont. I dont know how many times I have to tell you that whenever I am speaking of circumcision I am speaking from my adult circumcised perspective. I dont want to explain or even argue this anymore with you. I don't feel I have learned anything from since I got here and argued this so I just want to move on to other arguments.

It is a clear violation of security of person. From an infant perspective, what else can it be?

Say that...don't say it is sexual assault because it is not. It simply is not.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I don't feel I have learned anything from since I got here and argued this so I just want to move on to other arguments.
Well then don't respond I guess. It's been mostly you and I for the last couple pages of this thread, if not the whole thread. As to learning, you are resistant to views other than your own....
Say that...don't say it is sexual assault because it is not. It simply is not.
In a rape, the victim is unlikely to lose body tissue, although child victims of adult sex offenders get abrasions and tears of course. How is circumcision of babies, infants, toddlers, and school age children less than or different? I understand that the adult practitioner is probably not sexually aroused, but I don't want to euphemize when the result is comparable or worse.

darkbond007

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well then don't respond I guess. It's been mostly you and I for the last couple pages of this thread, if not the whole thread. As to learning, you are resistant to views other than your own....

And you are not? Heck, you wouldnt even believe that I actually am more sensitive cut than when I was uncut.

In a rape, the victim is unlikely to lose body tissue, although child victims of adult sex offenders get abrasions and tears of course. How is circumcision of babies, infants, toddlers, and school age children less than or different? I understand that the adult practitioner is probably not sexually aroused, but I don't want to euphemize when the result is comparable or worse.
Not comparable and definitely not worse. Your trying to make this literal and black and white. If I use your rational then piercing a girls ears would be assault, sending my son to peewee football and he breaks his leg would be negligence, or supporting my child in being a cop and he dies in the line of duty would be third degree murder.

For me if you want to talk about circumcision in a civil and objective manner, then take it to a PM. I dont want to blast these boards with a mindless argument any longer. So many other interesting things to delve into.

Last edited:

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
And you are not? Heck, you wouldnt even believe that I actually am more sensitive cut than when I was uncut.
I believe you believe you are. And if you had a medical problem, it's probably even true. But I want you to quit generalizing your experience and advocating RIC on the grounds that you'd be better off if you had it done at birth and etc., etc. And if we stop RIC then adults won't have a "right" to "cosmetic" genital surgeries, etc., etc. We've heard it all before in multiple venues ad infinitum.

Your trying to make this literal and black and white.
And you are trying to make it a lot more complex than it is. Like circ, there is nothing to be learned from ear piercing, so yes, that is best deferred into adulthood. But obviously it is a very disingenuous comparison. And yes, it's all been heard here before, because these failure of logic and empathy arguments come from the same circ fetish websites that are quoted disingenously over and over.

Obviously we want to protect our children from harm in all ways possible, and welcoming them at birth in a peaceful and gentle manner (sans unnecessary genital surgery) is a great way to give them the best start in life.

crossy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
$326 a circ? Maybe in Tijuana with a Swiss Army Knife. In Pittsburgh the non-religious ritual job with the Gomco Bell starts at $500. If you drag the religious practitioners in with 12 minutes of prayers and 30 minutes of conversation it can run into a $1000.00.
The infant will eventually be fucked up and subscribe to penis fetish websites!

SovietMEAT

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
well i dont know about why circumcision would be illegal, i myself was circumcised when i was around 6 years old; it was mainly because of Health reasons. But honestly, i wish i could have it back to see how it feels. but Honestly I like being cut, it feels clean and stuff like that... :D

darkbond007

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I believe you believe you are. And if you had a medical problem, it's probably even true. But I want you to quit generalizing your experience and advocating RIC on the grounds that you'd be better off if you had it done at birth and etc., etc. And if we stop RIC then adults won't have a "right" to "cosmetic" genital surgeries, etc., etc. We've heard it all before in multiple venues ad infinitum.

I am not advocating RIC. I am not talking about RIC. I dont care about RIC can you get this in your head. I am advocating adult circumcision. That is ALL I am talking about. I dont need to generalize, there is NO EVIDENCE that purely states that you lose sensitivity through adult circumcision. We have been through this. You stopping RIC has nothing to do with Adult circumcision.

Why dont you just say it...You want to stop all circumcision and no matter what no one should have the ability to be circumcised. Just admit your ignorance!

Frankly if a woman wants a boob job she gets it. If a man wants to be circumcised then he should be allowed to get it. HIS BODY HIS CHOICE THIS IS YOUR STANCE BUT YOU DONT STAND BY IT. I'm sick of you flip flopping and being hypocritical.

And you are trying to make it a lot more complex than it is. Like circ, there is nothing to be learned from ear piercing, so yes, that is best deferred into adulthood. But obviously it is a very disingenuous comparison. And yes, it's all been heard here before, because these failure of logic and empathy arguments come from the same circ fetish websites that are quoted disingenously over and over.

Obviously we want to protect our children from harm in all ways possible, and welcoming them at birth in a peaceful and gentle manner (sans unnecessary genital surgery) is a great way to give them the best start in life.

Do you even have kids?

It is complex. That's how the world is. Youre trying to instill communistic ideals. NO DEMOCRATIC country would advocate a total ban of circumcision. A few may do RIC but you wont get a worldwide ban. Youre living in a dream world.

Curiouser and curiouser the farther we fall down the rabbit hole:

A Cut above the Rest?: Wrinkle Treatment Uses Babies' Foreskins: Scientific American

Do you have an RSS feed that just aggragates all anti-circumcision stories so you can upload here?

That's kind of pathetic and obsessive.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Darkbond you are highly reactive. That's why I think you must get all amped up reading circlist. I don't say most of the things you say I say.

Okay, scenario: Your five year old comes running in from the street screaming that a man cut his penis. Sure enough he has been sexually assaulted.

What is the difference between that and hiring it done?

darkbond007

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Darkbond you are highly reactive. That's why I think you must get all amped up reading circlist. I don't say most of the things you say I say.

Okay, scenario: Your five year old comes running in from the street screaming that a man cut his penis. Sure enough he has been sexually assaulted.

What is the difference between that and hiring it done?

First off, I quote you on everything you say...and you say it. You keep pushing me towards RIC, the above question isnt even RIC related because the toddler is 5 and I can EASILY educate the kid on circumcision and ask him which one would he prefer. If my kid turns 5 and is not circumcised I am having a discussion with my kid with regard to it. I will be up front and truthful in regards to what to expect.

Big difference.

Stop grasping for straws.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Why dont you just say it...You want to stop all circumcision and no matter what no one should have the ability to be circumcised. Just admit your ignorance!
What you do is put words in my mouth and then chastise me as if I had said them. I don't care about adult circ. I just think most of them are unnecessary and would be a lot rarer if the cultural precedent of RIC didn't exist.

Nice evasion of my question about the five year old. Make it a one year old then. A stupid co-worker of mine had her child circed just before his first birthday--kind of like a birthday present in her mind. The reason? They don't do it in Nevada anymore, but she instead thought Nevada Medicaid was just getting cheap and saved up until she could afford to have the poor kid cut. No medical indications whatsoever.

darkbond007

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What you do is put words in my mouth and then chastise me as if I had said them. I don't care about adult circ. I just think most of them are unnecessary and would be a lot rarer if the cultural precedent of RIC didn't exist.

Nice evasion of my question about the five year old. Make it a one year old then. A stupid co-worker of mine had her child circed just before his first birthday--kind of like a birthday present in her mind. The reason? They don't do it in Nevada anymore, but she instead thought Nevada Medicaid was just getting cheap and saved up until she could afford to have the poor kid cut. No medical indications whatsoever.

It wasnt evading your question. I answered the scenario. You are still trying to justify your erratic slandering of circumcision (It isnt even just RIC anymore because I know now its just circumcision as a whole whether you admit it or not) and your utterly sadistic comparison to slavery and sexual assault.

A one year old is closer to RIC. As I've said before personally I havent made up my mind on RIC mainly because I know of all the benefits of adult circumcision.

Frankly you are being ridiculous by comparing a total stranger cutting a child with who knows what on his or her genitals (same person could be cutting child on face or whatever, why the focus on the genitals dude????)
--------------------------

Let me put it to you this way. In an ideal world. I would prefer to have my son circumcised right before puberty or shortly after the onset of puberty. Why? Because I think it allows the foreskin to release its adherence to the penis head naturally which allows for a more precise circumcision. It also has the added benefit of the person growing into the circumcision scar instead of it being finite like what I have.

I say this based on what I would have done for myself if I could go back to 13-14 years of age. That is my ideal. To ask if I would have my son circumcised right at birth, I am not sure yet, but to be honest, if at that time my wife and I were in agreement, I would do it, and I would acknowledge the fact that he may later issue with me taking away his choice.

I personally like the look of my circumcised penis when compared to my uncut penis. I know you dont like the look of any circumcised penis and seeing as its also an attraction thing for you I think that compounds the issue. I do feel to some people it is aesthetically pleasing but I do acknowledge the FACT that an uncut penis can look just as pleasing to an individual both from an aesthetic level and an attraction level.

karldergrosse

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
well i dont know about why circumcision would be illegal, i myself was circumcised when i was around 6 years old; it was mainly because of Health reasons. But honestly, i wish i could have it back to see how it feels. but Honestly I like being cut, it feels clean and stuff like that... :D

DM, I have no quarrel with the legality of genital mutilation for fully informed adults, no matter how misguided I consider them. But circumutilation of male children (RIC) should be illegal and severely punishable in this country. Mercifully it is illegal for female children (but for them only since the 1990's!). For boys, we are still in the ignorant, brutal Dark Ages. Your circumcision at age 6 was indeed an assault and a violation of your human rights. You were far too young and immature to grasp even partially what irreparable injury was being done to you--likely (or only maybe???) you were told no more than that your peepee would look different afterwards. At very best, it is extremely doubtful that the procedure was for actual health reasons. Too many American doctors, including pediatricians, are woefully ignorant of the physiology and functioning of the foreskin and its inestimable value to a man. Their answer too often to any penile problem, no matter how minor, is cut, cut, cut! Every doctor should know that an infant cannot have phimosis, for example, though that is a frequent (sometimes intentional?) misdiagnosis that leads to butchery. The foreskin of babies and young boys (often well past the age of 6) adheres naturally to the glans, and should never--repeat, never--be forcibly retracted. To do so can cause genuine, lasting injury. (Do some conscienceless quacks retract knowingly, for further profit?) The only person who should retract for the child is the child himself, when he feels that he's ready for it.

As for "stuff like that," I couldn't say. But I can assure you with authority that you cannot feel any "cleaner" than I or any other intact man feels. And indeed, a circumcised penis is in fact not any "cleaner" than an intact one that is rinsed under the foreskin a time or two each day. -- If you are serious about wanting "to see how it feels," you might well consider foreskin restoration. Yes, it's a long-term undertaking, and you will not regain the specialized features lost to circumcision. BUT: according to the enthusiastic testimony of great numbers of restored men, you will achieve more comfort and sensitivity and sexual pleasure than you ever dreamed of. Worth a try...?

Last edited:
D

deleted15807

Too many American doctors, including pediatricians, are woefully ignorant of the physiology and functioning of the foreskin and its inestimable value to a man. .......... according to the enthusiastic testimony of great numbers of restored men, you will achieve more comfort and sensitivity and sexual pleasure than you ever dreamed of.

:bsflag::bsflag: