Circumcision: Own preference or obligatory?

RKSnudist

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
A question for circumcised men only:

Your dick is circumcised because you wanted it to, or because you had to (obligatory, religious ceremony)?

My dick was circumcised by the surgeon when I was 10 yo, it was an obligatory religious ceremony. The procedure was public (mine was, but it's not obligatory, it's own preference of the family) to guests (music, food, etc) .

Last edited:

D_Seymour_Dix

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was cut when I was a baby, months after being born. I had no choice but to be honest that doesn't bother me. I prefer the look of a cut cock - but that's just me.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
To RKSnudist:

In almost all cases, circ. is done to a child for "obligatory, religious" and other reasons. Only a relative few circ'd men actually decide for themselves after reaching adulthood.

In USA and Israel, it's mostly done to infant boys, usually within the first week or so. In USA, the rationale is pseudo-medical. In Israel, the rationale is religious.

In Moslem countries, it's mostly done to adolescent boys and sometimes girls, generally for religious reasons. In parts Africa and parts of S.E. Asia, it's also done to adolescent boys but often for traditional reasons rather than "medical" or religious reasons.

All-in-all, no matter what part of the world it's done in, only a relative few circ'd men made a free will decision by themselves.

Last edited:
D

deleted213967

Cut by choice later in life and wished i had done it earlier in my life. best thing I ever did.

I am Domisoldo and I approve this message.

Ditto.

P.S.: ...and NO, I don't need lube to jack off, and NO it's not like 'back-of-hand' sensation (cut) vs. palm-of-hand sensation (uncut).

P.S. 2: I have nothing against uncut guys, some of my best friends are uncut.

D

deleted213967

Your dick is circumcised because you wanted it to, or because you had to (obligatory, religious ceremony)?

P.S. 3: Nice glasses Cartman!

svin_renigoth

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I was circumcised as an infant. I was born in the Midwestern United States in the mid-80's, so I guess the reasoning was as SteveHd said, "pseudo-medical."

They left me with most of my frenulum intact, and some loose skin, made slightly looser from attempted foreskin restoration by pulling, which I eventually gave up on. I'd still like to know what it's like to have an actual foreskin, but I'm ok with what I've got right now.

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To RKSnudist:

In almost all cases, circ. is done to a child for "obligatory, religious" and other reasons. Only a relative few circ'd men actually decide for themselves after reaching adulthood.

In USA and Israel, it's mostly done to infant boys, usually within the first week or so. In USA, the rationale is pseudo-medical. In Israel, the rationale is religious.

In Moslem countries, it's mostly done to adolescent boys and sometimes girls, generally for religious reasons. In parts Africa and parts of S.E. Asia, it's also done to adolescent boys but often for traditional reasons rather than "medical" or religious reasons.

All-in-all, no matter what part of the world it's done in, only a relative few circ'd men made a free will decision by themselves.

part true. but you are wrong about the adult circ, as there are a lot i repeat lot of adult men who have elected to get circ, for know aparent reason other than they just wanted to, and a lot of them had know med, problems. not many on this site but there are other sites that will far out way any on here. but of corse you wont agree with this as it would go against your grain on this subject. and you are intiteld to your opinon as i am mine, so like some of the 60s generation would say PEACE DUDE

Andras

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

My dick was circumcised by the surgeon when I was 10 yo, it was an obligatory religious ceremony. The procedure was public (mine was, but it's not obligatory, it's own preference of the family) to guests (music, food, etc) .

I was circumcised at 35, at my own request, which was my personal preference. You may see my story on the www.circlist.com site (Rites / Hungary), and I also run an all-Hungarian pro-circ web-site at www.korulmeteles.hu.

numberseven

Just Browsing
Media
I was circumcized as a baby, and partially just because I'm obstinate and don't like important decisions to be made for me, I would have liked to have the choice. A friend of mine chose to have it done at 18. By his reports since then, he's not particularly happy with the choice now.

True_Silver_Irv

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

I was circumcised early on in my life as a baby since my family is Jewish. There is not any recall on what happened and I never thought about it as I grew up. It was a loose cut and left some minor covering on the shaft as is many times the happening in the bris.

When in my thirties I started an affair with another married man who was Italian of first generation and he had a foreskin that covered his penis shaft entirely. It was then I wondered what it would have been like to be left untouched, I soon got past that and went on with enjoying what I was blessed with because it worked well and had already helped to create three children and some years later it helped to make the fourth.

craig_uk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
part true. but you are wrong about the adult circ, as there are a lot i repeat lot of adult men who have elected to get circ, for know aparent reason other than they just wanted to, and a lot of them had know med, problems. not many on this site but there are other sites that will far out way any on here. but of corse you wont agree with this as it would go against your grain on this subject. and you are intiteld to your opinon as i am mine, so like some of the 60s generation would say PEACE DUDE

Why is he wrong about adult circumcision? He didn't deny it went on - simply that it is a small number by comparison. You want us to believe that its a vast number then provide some figures.

You said it was a lot - are we talking hundreds, thousand, hundreds of thousands, millions? In the US? In Europe? What percentage of adult males get cut for cosmetic reasons alone each year?

Lots, I mean lots, of people talking about it is not an indicator of the true number. Twenty people on this site can make a lot of noise. Thirty people on another site might make more but it is not evidence supporting your argument that some vast number of adult men hate the look of an intact cock so much that they get it cut.

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My dick was circumcised by the surgeon when I was 10 yo, it was an obligatory religious ceremony. The procedure was public.
I'm curious. What religion has a surgeon do it in public at 10? If you are now a nudist, you are presumably not a practising Muslim (or Jew?)

andrexx

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I am circumcised and had it done to me as an infant. I am okay with that and I believe I had to have it done for medical reasons. I apparently had a problem with my foreskin that would have made leaving it on impractical and possibly painful.

jaybell

Experimental Member
Media
I was cicumcized when I was eight.

It was my Dad's choice; all the males in his family were routinely circumcized as infants. I think he wanted me to be done as a baby but I wasn't as most UK doctors (and possibly my mother) were against it by the time I was born (in the early 70's).

My foreskin gave me no specific problems as a boy although I could only retract it partially: I could roll it back about half-way so peeing was no problem but I couldn't get it behind the rim of my helmet.

At eight I was changing schools and went for a medical. The doc noted that I had a tight foreskin and suggested a stretch or preputioplasty as alternatives to circumcision but my Dad wanted to have me "done properly"..... so have I tight cut with only a tiny rim of inner skin and no frenulum remaining.

I have to say that this is how I woud have liked it to be and my only regret is that my Dad didn't have me cut as a baby.