Circumcision positions

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
As an uncut guy, in a country where you don't often discover mates that have been cut (I think that I've known five since I was a kid, three at school and a couple since), this site has been an education in learning about circumcised cocks.

I'm aware of the difference in styles between the traditional North American (high and tight) and European (low and loose). All but one of the mates that I've known have had scar lines just below the rim of their knobs, leaving plenty of skin movement.

I'm curious, though, as to what the highest circumcision line is. A posting by SpoLLe in the Show Off forum made me think. Many North American cuts seem to vary from about 1 to 2 inches up from the helmet (as opposed to about 1/4 inch on Europeans). SpoLLe's circumcision, however, looks like it's about 2.5 inches up his erect shaft, which seems a phenomenal amount of skin to remove!

Thoughts?

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
if your getting it cut as an adult you can get as much off as you want in most cases but you have to work it out with your dr,before hand. but as and infant it just depends on how much is cut as they try to leave enough to streach as the cock grows and that is hard to do as every one is diffrent and if you look the infant circs, almost have no scar, but yet they are all cut diffrent. but are closer to the head on some when soft. and some adults are cut way back from the head when soft. but it has alot to do with who the dr, is doing it and what he recomends you do and also what you want done. as there are many diffrent ways to be circumsied. of which to me makes for a very sexy looking and pleasing cock. to give you an idea of this i have posted pics, of hubby in the show your softie thread on here, he had a foreskin for 30 yrs, then just wanted cut and in some of the pics, he looks like he was done as an infant but he wasnt. he is now 43 and enjoys being cut way better than being uncut.

B_Austin Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was cut as an adult in my 20's (i'm now in my 30's) and my cut is low and tight. My scar is just about 1 inch below the glans when erect. I have very little inner foreskin exposed when erect. I think the typical adult american/canadian male has a high and tight cut with lots of inner foreskin lining exposed. Many teens and young boys are now being cut low and loose to give them more 'skin' movement when erect.

I find the topic very interesting as i also had the frenulum removed and the meatus opening widened during my circumcision. Both at the suggestion of my urologist who performed the procedure. 10 years later and I look like i was circ'd as an infant; there's a moderately dark brown scar all the way around and the overall job looks great! :biggrin1:

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Seems a shame when the scar line is very close to the glans; so much of the nerve-rich inner foreskin is lost. For some reason in Australia they do (or used to do) more of these close-to-the-glans cuts, but with less loose skin than in Europe.

It's kind of odd when you realize that everything you see on a circumcised cock going from sulcus to scar was originally going in the other direction and covering the glans. That's why when you estimate how much came off, you have to figure it was enough to go from scar to beyond the glans (nearly all infants have overhang) and back again to sulcus. Wow. Literature out of Canada suggests that's about 50% of the penile skin system in infant cuts done there; probably somewhat more in the US on average. They seems kind of unnecessarily aggressive here. In adult cuts it's about 20-25%.

Anyway, the economics on this are changing throughout the Anglophone world. With changes in the healthcare delivery systems in NZ, Canada and Oz, the % rates there have fallen from about 95-80-90 to about 0-10-15. It is sort of inevitable the same will happen in the US as the system gets reformed and insurers, ahem, cut back.

It sucks that infant circumcision style is luck of the draw. Not only are some cuts higher (more aggressive) than others, but some are wickedly uneven. Putting aside hangovers and experience, other factors are the method used (Gomco clamp leaves a wider, darker scar than Platibell, Mogen shield or freehand) and certain anatomical factors (how your body reacts to scarring).

It's a hoot when people say they like "circumcision". In 1000 different guys it means 1000 different outcomes.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Oh, there is also a style (rarely used, but I've seen it) in which the scar is down at the base of the cock and in an adult is hard to see at all with pubic hair. This really only works well where the frenulum is weak or nonexistent, but you can see where in theory the entire penis skin can be inverted.

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
The scarring issue is an interesting one. I've got one mate who was circumcised when he was 15. You have to look really closely and hard to be able to make out the scar line at all and the tissue on the lower part of his shaft is very close in form to the external skin higher up the shaft. The skin tone is even along the full length and looking at it you would think that he had been born without a foreskin! On the other hand, I've a mate who was cut at birth, who has a very visible scar line.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've got one mate...you have to look really closely and hard...

Sounds like you've had the opportunity to do a very, very thorough examination of the situation. Well done!

BTW, tried to send you a PM with examples, but it seems the attachment feature has been disabled.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
An inch of inner foreskin doesn't sound "loose" to me at all. Here's some pictures where you can see how much that is:

Foreskin

An intact guy can pretty much pull his foreskin back all the way to his groin.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was cut in the US as an infant, but I was cut loosely. It all depends on the doctor doing the procedure.

I was also cut very loosely, or it stretched through years of masturbation I"m not sure which as I don't have any pictures of my penis from when I was young.

I think the typical adult american/canadian male has a high and tight cut with lots of inner foreskin lining exposed. Many teens and young boys are now being cut low and loose to give them more 'skin' movement when erect.

I find the topic very interesting as i also had the frenulum removed and the meatus opening widened during my circumcision.

Also just wondered what method was used on you during your circ? and I'm a bit confused about why your doctor would recommend you get your meatus opening widened.

Any idea where your information came from regarding the typical american circ being high and tight?

Where did you get your information regarding how tean and young boy circumcisions are now being done?

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
Sounds like you've had the opportunity to do a very, very thorough examination of the situation. Well done!

Not really. My mate is married with kids. It's just been the usual drunken glances at each others cock when peeing at a trough urinal or out of doors - I've caught him on a few occasions out of the corner of my eye, checking me out, so I thought that it would be rude not to take the opportunity to do likewise and on one occasion he had slightly more than a semi! He's only talked to me once about his circumcision because we were having a discussion about scars - when, where and how they were obtained.

B_Austin Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was also cut very loosely, or it stretched through years of masturbation I"m not sure which as I don't have any pictures of my penis from when I was young.

Also just wondered what method was used on you during your circ? and I'm a bit confused about why your doctor would recommend you get your meatus opening widened.

Any idea where your information came from regarding the typical american circ being high and tight?

Where did you get your information regarding how tean and young boy circumcisions are now being done?

Well my meatal stenosis was associated with phimosis. I'm not too sure about how it develops but it has something to do with urine continiously in contact with the metal opening where urine and semen pass. My opening was getting smaller. I was circumcised due to mild phimosis and due to a re-occuring yeast infection/bad rash that I would get every summer. I would be given antibiotics and creams, but the rash would keep coming back. I didn't have to get circumcised - I could have just kept my foreskin and tried stretching the skin etc. But it was a choice I made and no, I don't regret it.

In boys, it is treated by a second surgical procedure called meatotomy in which the meatus is crushed for 60 seconds with a straight mosquito hemostat and then divided with fine-tipped scissors. Recently, home-dilation has been shown to be a successful treatment for most boys.

The other info is from the circ list. I think the link is CIRCLIST Splash Page Entry Screen

B_Austin Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Oh I didn't answer your question about the method used for my circ. I was circ'd by Dr. James Wright, Urologist (Vancouver) under local anthesesia (spelling?) and he used free-hand method with scaples, clamps and the sleeve method where after a dorsal slit is made from the foreskin opening to the glans, the scapel is then circled around the glans and the frenum removed, seperating the foreskin from glans. Then the doctor removed the amount of inner foreskin he thought was best and stitched up the rest, leaving the scar just below the glans when soft and about an inch down from the glans when erect.

Photos on my profile page show my penis both flaccid and fully erect.

Damian Walker

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Excellent circumcision there Austin Blue, but I wouldn't describe it as low. You still have a reasonable amount of inner foreskin there to be considered high or at least medium. Low is when there is less than 1 cm left. In some cases doctors stitch the outer shaft skin right on to the edge of the glans.

B_Austin Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Excellent circumcision there Austin Blue, but I wouldn't describe it as low. You still have a reasonable amount of inner foreskin there to be considered high or at least medium. Low is when there is less than 1 cm left. In some cases doctors stitch the outer shaft skin right on to the edge of the glans.

Thanks and I didn't know that. I always thought my circ was low & tight, but now I know that it's actually more of a medium & tight circ job. My urologist who did the circumcision was very understanding. He listened to all my concerns and made sure that this was something I wanted to do. I really appreciated that.

And being in Canada the circumcision cost me nothing. It was entirely covered under MSP (Medical Services Plan). :tongue:

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Boy, that's really nice. Get rid of all the most sexually sensitive tissue in one go. Just stitch the shaft to the glans and send you on your way a changed man :sad:

D

deleted157868

As an uncut guy, in a country where you don't often discover mates that have been cut (I think that I've known five since I was a kid, three at school and a couple since), this site has been an education in learning about circumcised cocks.

I'm aware of the difference in styles between the traditional North American (high and tight) and European (low and loose). All but one of the mates that I've known have had scar lines just below the rim of their knobs, leaving plenty of skin movement.

I'm curious, though, as to what the highest circumcision line is. A posting by SpoLLe in the Show Off forum made me think. Many North American cuts seem to vary from about 1 to 2 inches up from the helmet (as opposed to about 1/4 inch on Europeans). SpoLLe's circumcision, however, looks like it's about 2.5 inches up his erect shaft, which seems a phenomenal amount of skin to remove!

Thoughts?
I dont think my foreskin is that long, but is it a bad thing?

Ionto

Sexy Member
Media
This is something I noticed when I first saw Americans under the shower (they were Canadians in fact): they had quite a big strip of what was the mucus membrane above the cockhead, whereas circumcised Europeans have practically no pink skin just behind the head. It was Nimbus who set me straight on this (though I can’t find this post any more).

Some of those who have contributed here have obviously had more experience than I have in observing these differences from first hand. What I have seen has mostly been in collective showers, locker rooms and textile-free beaches, where you can usually see this difference, but only just. You really need an erection though to see the full difference.

I had thought that there was a more visible scar or mark when the circumcision was done after puberty, as is often the case for circumcised men here, but I know a couple of men who were cut in their twenties (here in France presumably), and who have no visible scar at all. Both are cut very close to the head – very little pink skin – but there is no scar mark, or so little that it’s hidden in the grove behind the head. One in fact looks as if he was born like that, without ever having a foreskin.

Does anyone know of any characteristics of mohel cuts? Those I have seen are pretty variable. One I can think of is cut quite high, a bit like an American, but with some loose skin; another is more like the average European cut guy, with little pink skin at all. But my sample is too small to be able to draw any conclusions. I imagine these might be similar no matter what country they are performed in.

4skinned

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have a question, WHY would any rational person have the most sensitive part of his penis removed when there is no medical necessity or rational reason?