Circumcision positions

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I have a question, WHY would any rational person have the most sensitive part of his penis removed when there is no medical necessity or rational reason?
The vast majority of men live with entire penises throughout life. A small minority of adults choose to be cut for perceived medical necessity. This is rare but more common in circumcising cultures - to fit in with the cut majority. For babies, what can we say - no possibility of choice there. The insidious thing there is then they may spend the rest of their lives trying to justify their cut condition even though they've never known different.

B_Austin Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The vast majority of men live with entire penises throughout life. A small minority of adults choose to be cut for perceived medical necessity. This is rare but more common in circumcising cultures - to fit in with the cut majority. For babies, what can we say - no possibility of choice there. The insidious thing there is then they may spend the rest of their lives trying to justify their cut condition even though they've never known different.

Those who fixate on a body part such as the foreskin or lack of a foreskin have what is called 'body dismorphic' condition and it's a condition that requires counselling.

Rather than attacking adult men who are circumcised with absurd notions that they must defend their cut condition, may I suggest you move on instead of fixating on this issue to this level that goes way beyond normal behaviour? Perhaps you should be supporting your fellow adult men who are circumcised rather than making them feel totally inferior for not having a foreskin? Afterall, they are still sexually functioning adult males who still enjoy sex (you may not believe that is possible?!) and don't want someone waving a friggin' stick at them for not having a foreskin.

Besides, some of us simply don't agree with you that we are disfigured and ugly because we are circumcised. I decided to get circ'd as an adult and I certainly DO NOT feel disfigured or unable to enjoy sex fully (trust me! I LOVE hours and hours of tantric sex).

Last edited:

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Those who fixate on a body part such as the foreskin or lack of a foreskin have what is called 'body dismorphic' condition and it's a condition that requires counselling.
I definitely agree that it is a type of body dysmorphia - culturally conditioned. One definition is Munchausen's syndrome by generational transmission. Member spongebobsquare07 was circumcised by his father at twelve years of age for no other reason than so he would look like his old man. Why that is legal in the U.S. is beyond my understanding.

B_Austin Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I definitely agree that it is a type of body dysmorphia - culturally conditioned. One definition is Munchausen's syndrome by generational transmission. Member spongebobsquare07 was circumcised by his father at twelve years of age for no other reason than so he would look like his old man. Why that is legal in the U.S. is beyond my understanding.

Well his father made the choice and it's best to back him up rather than attack him for the decision to circumcise his son at age 12.

S

SirConcis

Circumcision is just a cosmetic surgery. On the surface, no different than tatoos, piercings and other forms of cosmetic surgery. So there shouldn't be such a huge debate about it.

The problem is that men end up being extremely competitive about their penis. And those with a certain penis type will argue that their penis type is better than the other.

You don't see women fight off between those who have and those who have not had breasts enlarged. Some women have naturally large breasts, some have had breasts enlarged to look big. Some males have naturally short foreksins that keeps their head fully exposed all the time, and some males are circumcised to achieve that look/feel. And some uncuts have foreskins of varying lengths/shapes etc.

Uncuts started the anti-circ crusade because circumcised males had won the image war, with popular thinking very negative about uncircumcised penis. So they started to attack the circumcised penis to fight back and change the bad image uncut penis had.

herkimer snow

Experimental Member
Media
Maybe two billion men in the world with foreskins, and the circumcised won the image war??? If that were true, hundreds and hundreds of thousands, maybe millions would rush to the knife. In most of the world circumcision is no issue at all.

rabidrabbit

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Frankly, I hate that I was cut. However, this is a fairly recent and new emotion. I've attempted to restore using familiar techniques and tools, but when you lead a very active lifestyle, it's not a very easy thing to do to wear whatever instrument of traction on my junk throughout the day. :(

It's not ugly by any means (my cock) I just wish I had my foreskin.. Meh, whatever.

I've also never seen an uncut cock before. Circ is a VERy common procedure.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Circumcision is just a cosmetic surgery. On the surface, no different than tatoos, piercings and other forms of cosmetic surgery. So there shouldn't be such a huge debate about it.
The debate is mostly about not forcing unneeded surgery upon those unable to give consent.

Can I quote you on it being "just a cosmetic surgery"? :smile:
Uncuts started the anti-circ crusade because circumcised males had won the image war, with popular thinking very negative about uncircumcised penis. So they started to attack the circumcised penis to fight back and change the bad image uncut penis had.
"Uncuts started the anti-circ crusade"??? I don't think so!

If we assume the "crusade" was started by NOCIRC then that would rule out uncut men. NOCIRC was started by female nurses and leader of them was Marilyn Milos. Most of the male members can be presumed to be cut since most of the male members were born in USA.

Last edited:

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I was cut in the US as an infant, but I was cut loosely. It all depends on the doctor doing the procedure.

yah, me too brah. i have enough skin left over that my skin glides up and down my shaft. also, when i'm soft, the leftover skin touches the rim of my head, and, if i'm cold, sometimes covers the rim

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
cut as an adult. low and thight. after years i find it not nice that the glance has lost all his sentitive.

i hear a lot of mixed results when it comes to desensitization. my friend danny had to get circumsized because his foreskin was way too tight. and before the anti-cut peoples start to jump me, it was a last resort (not that it should matter, but i don't wanna get into it). anyway, he's been cut for like, 2-3 years now, yah? he says he hasn't lost any sensitivity.

also, i've been cut since i was an infant, and my head is extremely sensitive. but i was also cut loosely, i guess you can say. but what's left of my foreskin doesn't cover my head.

here's a pic of my cock in its soft state to show how i was cut. i was pulling the skin back just a bit. but you an see all the extra skin i do have

Attachments

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
This is something I noticed when I first saw Americans under the shower (they were Canadians in fact): they had quite a big strip of what was the mucus membrane above the cockhead, whereas circumcised Europeans have practically no pink skin just behind the head.
I'm quoting Ionto, but several of you have commented on the variability of circ. There IS a high degree of variability in the "surgery" (not a proper surgery because it does not usually address a deformity or a medical problem of any kind). As Concis says, may be considered cosmetic for some, although many of us think of any kind of scarification as unattractive, especially on babies, toddlers and school age children. Tattooing infants definitely won't catch on, but somehow infant circ caught on only in the last few generations and mostly only in North America. Muslims do it only from about preschool to puberty, but still too young to fight back or do anything to get out of it.

Anyway, back to the variability. This is why some guys don't know different and why some guys can barely cum by their thirties and forties. Believe me the penis is more than the sum of its parts. You only have to think a moment to see that this is so.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
There IS a high degree of variability in the "surgery" (not a proper surgery because it does not usually address a deformity or a medical problem of any kind).

then you don't know the definition of the word "surgery"

Anyway, back to the variability. This is why some guys don't know different and why some guys can barely cum by their thirties and forties. Believe me the penis is more than the sum of its parts. You only have to think a moment to see that this is so.

wait, what? you seem to be gravely misinformed

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Yes, alterations made as if by surgery, such as cutting something off or out. The example they give is "literary surgery." Not a very good example. I've never heard anybody say literary surgery, have you? Well if you want to go there, look up amputate, maim and mutilate. Sorry to take you there, but as you note, you are luckier than many as you still have some skin that slides like it's supposed to. Here's how most of us are cut -

"In all cases of masturbation circumcision is undoubtedly the physician's closest friend and ally... To obtain the best results one must cut away enough skin and mucous membrane to rather put it on the stretch when erections come later. There must be no play in the skin after the wound has thoroughly healed, but it must fit tightly over the penis, for should there be any play the patient will be found to readily resume his practice, not begrudging the time and extra energy required to produce the orgasm. It is true, however, that the longer it takes to have an orgasm, the less frequently it will be attempted, consequently the greater the benefit gained... The younger the patient operated upon the more pronounced the benefit, though occasionally we find patients who were circumcised before puberty that require a resection of the skin, as it has grown loose and pliant after that epoch." E.J.Spratling, Masturbation in the Adult, Medical Record, vol. 24. (1895): pp. 442-443.