Circumcision reduces HIV risk?

i8all12inches

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Okay.... I raised this back in chat a few nights ago and got so blown out of the water that I left the chat room and did not come back for some time....I was really surprised at the jadedness of this community, but assume that so many of you are attached to your foreskins (no pun intended) that any mere mention makes you want to scream to the heavens at the injustice of removing something that you have come to cherish and love... I am cut and thank whoever made that decision for me...I may be in the minority but then again...haven't I always been there... I know there are many men and women here in the medical field and maybe some of these people have seen what I have seen... but I hope that all of you men out there with foreskins never have to see some of the things that I have seen, of men who are unable to clean themselves, who have lesions and decubitus ulcers from improper and/or no cleaning of the foreskin area....granted this is not what the study is promoting and the benefit thereof...yet many reactions that I have read (and no I only read to page 3 after seeing all the negativity) I felt that Circumcision is not the best thing at all for everything, but is not the evil that many of you have issued statements attesting to....and now I have lost my train of thought (note to self...do not do this at school when you are worried people will come up behind you and try and take a peek at the website you are on)...but I guess what I am trying to say...even if you don;t believe in circumcision...the process itself has benefits and just like everything else it has its drawbacks....and for those of you who say it has no benefits what-so-ever...then nothing I or anyone else says will change your opinion...so why say anything at all.....

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Whatever body modifications adults want is fine with me. My strenuous objection is the modification of the bodies of non-consenting infants and children, for no current medical reason, to suit the tastes of parents and the pocketbook of the health care industry.

Last weekend I learned that, due to my education of graduate students on this issue, an infant circumcision was averted. This student also had a discussion on the topic with her adult, so-far childless, daughters.

Circumcision has a long history as an anti-sexual cultural custom in search of a medical rationale. My concern is that this latest poor science conducted on consenting adults ina developing county, will be the next bullshit "reason" for cutting babies in the U.S.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i8all12inches, I'm one of the Intactivists whom you seem to have a quarrel with. The good news is: I'm not an extremist. Well ... I think I'm not.
I // assume that so many of you are attached to your foreskins (no pun intended) that any mere mention makes you want to scream to the heavens at the injustice of removing something that you have come to cherish and love...
Try to imagine being intact in a hypercircumcisionist country and having to repeatedly listen stuff like the following.
... but I hope that all of you men out there with foreskins never have to see some of the things that I have seen, of men who are unable to clean themselves, who have lesions and decubitus ulcers from improper and/or no cleaning of the foreskin area.
decubitus ulcers? Bedsores? I bet they're rare on foreskins.
...even if you don;t believe in circumcision...the process itself has benefits and just like everything else it has its drawbacks
Whatever the benefits or drawbacks, only an adult who is fully informed should make such a choice and only for himself. It shouldn't be forced upon an infant or child based upon "benefits" that apply only to adults. The African men shouldn't be bamboozled into doing it w/o being fully informed. Once fully informed, adult men can choose for themselves. It's all about self-determination and informed consent.

In the African "studies" the participants and are adults and making a choice which I'm fine with. But I doubt they're being fully informed. And I suspect the real purpose of the African "studies" is to validate another dubious reason to universally cut infants. As Dave NoCal wrote, a "bullshit 'reason' for cutting babies in the U.S."

When the cutting advocates say "it isn't about infants" it often is.

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Circumcision is a choice - a choice often made by parents and inflicted upon their male newborns; rather like being born into a Mafia family, at least that is how it appears when people defend the indefensible. If one raises an issue that is contentious then disappears from the discussion without listenig to valid counter points then that is plain dereliction of good charcter.

Returning to the original thread I reiterate that this spurious scientific research has nothing to do with science nor medicine: it is propaganda of the worst kind. Circumcision is no more a prophylactic against STD than howling at the moon is. If you are happy with the state of your penis then that is good. I belive there are acrually educated men in the Sudan and Somalia who insist upon the highly dangerous but potent tribal tradition of
insisting their brides have been cruelly mutilated by female circumcision and infibulation. Of course male circumcision carries only few dangers but it is equally a modern day tribal tradition. A holy cow if you like. An adult male should make an informed dicision. But please stop obfuscating the matter by introducing false science.

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey Guys..I have not gave my reply to this thread because I felt it to be ridiculous. The HIV virus is going to get you no matter if you do or do not have skin on your dick. I am circumcised (as you can tell from my photos) and it offered me NO added protection. I have been living with HIV for nearly 15 years now. I think my point of view sums it all up.
:cool: