Circumcision Scars

default6789

Just Browsing
Media
Hey I was just wondering if it was normal for circumcision scars to show up as your penis grows. I'm 20 now and i didn't notice any scarring until i was 12 and that was only on one side. by the time i was 17 there was a brown ring going all the way around the middle of my penis, with bigger areas then others, exactly where a circumcision scar should be. have any of you guys heard of this, or had it happen to you?

Fanof4skin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Excerpt from the book What Your Doctor Never Told You About Circumcision by Dr. Paul Fleiss in the book:

Infliction of a Scar

Every circumcised penis has been scarred... It marks where the two cut edges of the foreskin stump were crushed and mashed together. The Plastibell method of circumcision leaves a more prominent and darkly colored scar. Other methods leave a jagged, uneven scar*. ... The section goes on to say that the darker your skin the more noticeable the scar.​

* I could immediately tell that my newborn nephew had been circumcised with a Gomco clamp because the scar line where his foreskin was removed was jagged and uneven, just like the book mentioned. :rolleyes:

cirus

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Something went wrong during my circumcison as a baby, I have a scar and what originaly looked like two small piecings about 1/4" long paralel to each other on the underside and in line with my cock, I say originaly because when I discovered them I started cleaning them out when I showered, I usualy did this with a darning needle. I also started to wear small rings in each to make it easier to clean them. Over time the two piercings have now become one, I usualy wear a 5mm ring in this to keap it clean.
I have always wondered what the two piercings were put there for and assumed it was something to do with when my circumcision went wrong. Has anyone else had anything similar?
I was not cut very tight, and I now have a piercing that I didnt choose.
cirus

S

SirConcis

As you get older, the penis skin gets darker pigmentation. The area just below the scar was "changed" during the circumcision if done with a gomco clamp and the increase in pigmentation is more pronounced there. This isn't the scar per say, the scar is right above it.

With regards to the piercing: were you cut as a baby or as a child ? It could simply be remnants of sutures if cut later.

Another possibility is a skin bridge (the scar heals attached to the glans in a small area, causing a small loop of skin thorugh which you can pass a ring). This can easily be fixed by a doctor who sill just snip the skin off the glans to let it move down when it wants to go and let your glans stand out much more.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
To default6789:

Scars can change over time -- lighter or darker -- so it's nothing to be concerned about.

To: cirus:

My guess is that the two "piercings" are skin bridges. They are an indirect result of infant circumcision but that doesn't mean the circ. was flawed. They form during the post-operative period and are more common for a "loose" cut as opposed to a "tight" cut. Sometimes the remnant foreskin and glans will form an adhesion. In the post-operative period, parents are sometimes advised to put Vaseline on the glans as a prophylaxis against skin adhesions. Maybe that wasn't done?

They are uncommon but not particularly rare.

As previously mentioned, more surgery [more cutting] is the proscribed remedy.

More info with some pics: Botch Gallery 1 - skin bridges -- reader advisory: Pics in preceding link are disturbing some.

cirus

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To default6789:

Scars can change over time -- lighter or darker -- so it's nothing to be concerned about.

To: cirus:

My guess is that the two "piercings" are skin bridges. They are an indirect result of infant circumcision but that doesn't mean the circ. was flawed. They form during the post-operative period and are more common for a "loose" cut as opposed to a "tight" cut. Sometimes the remnant foreskin and glans will form an adhesion. In the post-operative period, parents are sometimes advised to put Vaseline on the glans as a prophylaxis against skin adhesions. Maybe that wasn't done?

They are uncommon but not particularly rare.

As previously mentioned, more surgery [more cutting] is the proscribed remedy.

More info with some pics: Botch Gallery 1 - skin bridges -- reader advisory: Pics in preceding link are disturbing some.

Thanks, looks like this may explain my condition. Mine looks like the guy with the paper clip, on the shaft but underneath and two close together. Glans is normal. I have quite bad scaring just behind the frenulum, and the two bridges were close together and in the same area as the scar. I am not tightly cut and in fact have quite a lot of foreskin loose on the underside. Cleaning has not been easy and over time the two bridges have broken into one larger bridge. Have to admit to some stretching to make cleaning easier, also to wearing a ring through the bridge for the same reason. Dont think I will go for more surgery to remove the bridge, wearing the ring is quite sexy and I havent had to go through the pain of having the piercing. Too much of a wimp anyway.
Thanks for the explanation, its been a bit of a mystery for some time. A bit embarasing to ask a doctor.
Looks like circumsision as a practice has a lot to answer for.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
cirus,

You need not be embarrassed about asking a doctor. An experienced doctor, especially a Urologist, will have seen many in the course of his practice; or, at the very least, seen pics in med. school. You'll most likely get a clinical response such as "it happens".

The advocates of R.I.C. within the medical profession do in fact have a lot to answer for. However, I don't expect to see them "own up" during my lifetime. Most of them are unrepentant even when the "complications" are presented to them.

imjoshua

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Mine circumcision scar is barely noticeable, about 1/2" behind the head its not a line though a little wider than a line. I was cut kinda tight, no loose skin left, so the scar is always visable. From what I remember when I was younger it was a dark pinkish color, but as I got older in my teens the scar lightened up a bit. Now the scar just blends in, no drastic color difference as I have fair colored skin anyway.

Fanof4skin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
May I ask you men something? I mean this is the most sincere way possible. When you look down at your penis and see a scar, from a surgery done to you when you were a baby unable to consent, and it's proof that part of your totally normal penis was removed, and you see all these other men who are intact and are perfectly fine/normal/healthy/have love lives, doesn't that just really tick you off? :frown1:

I mean, I can totally understand the point of view that there's nothing you can do now, so you just accept it. But golly, I have to say that if I ever found out that I went through amputative surgery for no reason I'd be furious (and would feel violated).

I keep telling my husband that infant circumcision will end much faster if more men would be open about how much they hate being circumcised. He hates it, many of you (on this site) seem to hate it, we have guy friends in real life who hate it. It's like a super secret club or something.

Anyhow, the whole idea of cutting babies just makes me sad.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
One of the most disappointing things in my sex life... hoping for an intact cock to pop out, only to see a ragged brown scar around a stressed out cut glans.

I don't intend here to demean men who were cut against their will or unknowingly as baby boys... I'm just saying that it makes me sad.

Now that circumcision is not an automatic thing in the USA and the surgery is optional and available for adult men, most insist that it not leave such a noticeable scar... If they have the money for a good surgeon, who will take cosmetics into consideration... and that's a crap shoot, there!

At least it is that man's CHOICE, as an adult.

But, still, that ring of scar tissue only leaves me yearning for what is missing... that beautiful, healthy, protective, and FUN, foreskin!

Then again, I know that many men and women have a fetish for the scar that I find offensive, aesthetically and morally.

Onan

Reactions: neuillytamere

B_The Greek Dude

Experimental Member
Media
I have to say that if I ever found out that I went through amputative surgery for no reason I'd be furious (and would feel violated).

Honey, we cut off your labia because they get a lot of smegma, and everyone will laugh at you because it creates a terrible fishy odor that even soap and water doesn't always get rid of. Now it's a lot cleaner, and your boyfriends and future husband will be a lot more greatful and will enjoy sex with you more. You'll thank us when you're a little older, and you don't feel different in the locker room; all the girls have it done for the same reason.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
May I ask you men something? I mean this is the most sincere way possible. When you look down at your penis and see a scar, from a surgery done to you when you were a baby unable to consent, and it's proof that part of your totally normal penis was removed, and you see all these other men who are intact and are perfectly fine/normal/healthy/have love lives, doesn't that just really tick you off? :frown1:

I mean, I can totally understand the point of view that there's nothing you can do now, so you just accept it. But golly, I have to say that if I ever found out that I went through amputative surgery for no reason I'd be furious (and would feel violated).

I keep telling my husband that infant circumcision will end much faster if more men would be open about how much they hate being circumcised. He hates it, many of you (on this site) seem to hate it, we have guy friends in real life who hate it. It's like a super secret club or something.

Dear Fanof4skin... the fact is that automatic circumcision at hospital birth wards will not end until the Mothers and nurses get on the band-wagon and make it stop! Women need to get over their squeamishness and silly, unscientific qualms about penises, before that will change.

Is it really any more difficult to explain and demonstrate to a BOY on how to keep his genitals clean than it is to explain it to a GIRL?... NO! ... It has everything to do with lack of sex education, shame issues and prudishness, across the board of cutting cultures.

Men who are cut, will almost always acquiesce to the same old, same old... "My father had me cut, and I want my kid to look like me" bullshit... it is up to the boy's real, legal protector, the mother, to make sure his cock, future sensitivity and self esteem, is not damaged by prudish, superstitious and greed driven "doctors", and religious "leaders".

Just my not so humble opinion... Onan

B_The Greek Dude

Experimental Member
Media
it is up to the boy's real, legal protector, the mother, to make sure his cock, future sensitivity and self esteem, is not damaged by prudish, superstitious and greed driven "doctors", and religious "leaders".

Sorry, but the majority of women have their sons cut because of "hygiene" , and because it's what they're used to and prefer in a man. Most of them have never even seen a non-cut penis in real life, and just think it's something "nasty."

B_The Greek Dude

Experimental Member
Media
And MY point, is that if you "leave it up to her," she's going to want her son circumcised. A lot of men (even cut guys) are saying they don't want to have it done to their son, and their wife insists on it. There's an example of this in "Penn and Teller's Bullshit!: Circumcision."

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
And MY point, is that if you "leave it up to her," she's going to want her son circumcised.

There you go, Greek Dude, repeating my point. It will be up to the women to change their minds about this travesty, before there will be progress. Sorry that it isn't sinking in to your mind.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If R.I.C. is to be ended, then men and women are going to have to change their mindsets. Neither gender is more responsible than the other for its intractable continuation.

The men who oppose it and the women who oppose it are going to have to work in unison -- and equally -- at ending it.

B_phe1249

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I hated it too. Then I saw a buddy who had a penis infection. I'm happy to be cut.