Circumcision Urged in Curbing AIDS Spread

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Personally, I do think that one doesn't need to run out and get a circ to protect themselves from AIDS. Isn't sex with a condom cheaper and less painful?

A condom is cheaper and less painful, but not everyone always has a condom on them all the time. But once you're snipped, that's it! :wink: It's with you 24/7/365. I guess it's easy for me to say having been cut since birth. It will be interesting to see if there is ever mass circumcision in some of these countries to combat HIV infections, and what the results of that would be logn term. It would be ironic if they had mass circumcision and then in 10-15 years the rates were the same.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
A condom is cheaper and less painful, but not everyone always has a condom on them all the time. But once you're snipped, that's it! :wink: It's with you 24/7/365. I guess it's easy for me to say having been cut since birth. It will be interesting to see if there is ever mass circumcision in some of these countries to combat HIV infections, and what the results of that would be logn term. It would be ironic if they had mass circumcision and then in 10-15 years the rates were the same.

Now, I'm gonna play along for a moment.... You know that cum/precum/blood all spread HIV, correct? Being cut doesn't make you any safer.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This article is right on. Circumcision cuts the risk of HIV infection and is now recommended by the WHO.

This article is right on. Circumcision cuts the risk of HIV infection and is now recommended by the WHO.

We've been over this before, jafar.
http://www.lpsg.org/sex-with-a-large-penis/54865-foreskin-envy-7.html#post908423

You are misrepresenting the WHO's position (again). The WHO claims that circumcision reduces the risk of contracting HIV from vaginal intercourse by 60%, thus they only recommend circumcision for "countries with high rates of heterosexual HIV infection," such as Africa, not the entire world. Some agencies have disputed the WHO's figure, and argue that circumcision offers little or no protection, and may actually increase the risk.

In other parts of the world you'd have to circumcise thousands of men to prevent 1 HIV infection; no major medical organization considers that an effective or ethical means of HIV prevention.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Circumcisers keep repeating the doomsday prophecy no matter what new information you give them. This has been going on at least since the nineteenth century when foreskin = syphilis. Now foreskin = AIDS. It's like the foreskin itself is an infectious device. The foreskin is not a separate device at all. It is the middle half of the mobile skin system of your erection.

Meniscus notes how every time circ comes up we have to cover the same ground again and run the gauntlet of mutterings about disease and infection. By this antique reasoning, how do the 2.5 billion intact men on earth stand a chance at health?

Notice how circ affects some men psychologically. They are forced to either come to terms with the facts or invent some plausible reason for genital cutting. The latter is fearmongering.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
dxjnorto in 3, 2, 1....
I don't start any of these threads. I do try to bring some facts and reason to an often very one-sided debate. Well they ain't so one-sided anymore.

Give me a little credit. It's a large penis site for crissake. Who wants part of their penis cut off? Raise your hands high!

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Oh wait it was already done
Yeah, I know. Me too. You had a much better chance than I. Circ is way down in your area. The first normal penis I ever saw was on my friend's three year old redhead when I was in the Army. My friend was cut, but he didn't cut his son. They are from Junction City, just a little north of Eugene.

I asked the usual programmed questions about, "isn't it cleaner?" My friend said, "It's not necessary." That's probably the first time I thought about it without, you know, the usual brainwashing kicking in.

I forgot to say my friend Judd's son Austin was three in 1990. That makes him twenty now.

shaguar

Experimental Member
Media
The foreskin acts as a condom actually. It is nature's condom. I asked Chertoff and he says that's what his gut is telling him. It's telling me something too. He had cabbage and beans for lunch. I also got a high level secret briefing from the CIA. Those bedouin WMDs of an unspecified nature are on the move again. They have actually migrated to another country which is largely Muslim. Oh good, they don't have protection! (Because they are circumspect see!)

The respected and always correct intelligence has this time prodded democracy and freedom funds to be directed at Pakistan. Oddly, it didn't mention that not only had Afghanistan and the Pakthuns sent the invincible Brits back holding the imperial arse, ended the USSR, it also ignored to mention that while Pakistan is the USA's whore, it's also China's concubine. Russia likes her warm water ports if you know what I mean (I know that's naughty). Americans get hornier with each intelligence report. First the graveyard of empire, then Iraq, historically a very unruly place and prone to be "freedom lovin", they are now getting a boner for a country of 170 million, and nuclear armed - and probably with "contingency suitcases" in place if so called allies ever turn to invaders. I have heard of white man's burden but that must be some monster load the evangelicals/military suppliers need to blow. So keep the foreskins. They are probably our best bet.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That's the thing. These reports are just that - reports. Not research. There is no control group, so they really have nothing against which to compare. It's comparing two behavioral trends (circumcision and sexual activity) in one group against those trends in another group. Without a control group in each sample, the numbers really mean nothing. I'm sure that HIV infection rates are lower among Roman Catholic nuns than among IV drug users... but it's the difference in behaviors, not joining a convent, that affects those numbers.

Yeah, where are chico8 and and snozzle? This thread just isn't complete without them. Oh and dolfette should join in soon too.

Yes, you are both right. If two guys have sex with an infected hooker, the cut guy who doesn't use a condom WILL NOT get infected, and the uncut guy who uses a condom WILL get infected. If two guys are sharing a contaminated drug syringe, the cut guy WILL NOT get infected, but the uncut guy WILL.

Brilliant inductive reasoning, guys. Except this time, you should have been using deductive reasoning.

dazza_mc

Sexy Member
Media
What a load of BOLLOCKS! Surprise surprise, that ''research'' was carried out by Americans because they are desperatly trying to justify the fact they mutilate boys at birth!

If circumcision was so miraculous at stopping HIV, America should be the developed country with the lowest count of HIV/AIDS not the other way around? :rolleyes:

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Interesting. A surprisingly large number of people simply do not want to think about this question; even better, they'd prefer that no one else think about it, either.

No, "interesting" isn't the right word. "Peculair", maybe.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This thread confuses me and makes questions why it is here.
A fair question. The O.P could have done a search for HIV and circumcision and would have found a multitude of threads discussing both and one very long thread mostly devoted to both.:rolleyes: